So-Fi Stadium forges ahead despite two workers testing positive for Coronavirus

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
My father said, it was always about one man per story built on those huge skyscrapers.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
So they're rushing to build a stadium that if they'll be playing at all this year, it may be in front of no fans. Got it.
Correction. So the Gurley-less Rams and the power duo of Taylor-Ekeler can entertain the seats....if Corporations are citizens, then PSL loaded seats deserve some recognition.....and the Three Stooges can sit up somewhere and chew on beef jerky and say, “Yes, it was a smaller crowd than we'd like...but their enthusiasm for Chuggers football...just makes my Dad happy. What? Mr. Kroenke? Don't know what he threw at our window.”

Pointyearedog

I only put idiots on ignore...
Aug 19, 2008
Golden Hill
It is strange that the authorities have basically okayed the idea that people in the construction industry are somehow considered essential and are allowed to work on outdoor projects and such. Of course, the risk is that your co-workers may have it on the site and it gets passed to others working on the project, creating more down time and the possibility that someone may actually die from this is not a very sound policy. IMHO

Reactions: Gill Man

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
It is strange that the authorities have basically okayed the idea that people in the construction industry are somehow considered essential and are allowed to work on outdoor projects and such. Of course, the risk is that your co-workers may have it on the site and it gets passed to others working on the project, creating more down time and the possibility that someone may actually die from this is not a very sound policy. IMHO
They need to have another photo shoot with Dean and JohnBoy and have someone cough and sneeze all over them and their hard hats.

Reactions: Fender57

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
It is not a sound policy in any way, shape or form. Every single one of those workers are at risk for sickness and possibly death, and can each exponentially spread the virus. Building a got dam stadium is not essential by any measure. This is just another case where money talks.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
The hard hats were borrowed from the Chargers store and later returned and re-wrapped...
and they didn't even sell em as preowned or refurbished. They probably gave someone a bad case of lice.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
It is not a sound policy in any way, shape or form. Every single one of those workers are at risk for sickness and possibly death, and can each exponentially spread the virus. Building a got dam stadium is not essential by any measure. This is just another case where money talks.
How is that considered essential work under the CA "in shelter' guidelines???? Someone paid someone off is right. Newsome paid off? Does he know about that and if so why isn't he doing something about it? Bunch of BS. Anytime Jerrah's bottom line is at stake you an expect something shady like this.

Pointyearedog

Aug 19, 2008
Golden Hill
That is what I see is weird out there. In all of the places where there is construction going on, there are workers on the scaffolding, workers hammering on structures, and dump trucks all doing what they would normally be doing.

cocasts

BoltTalker
Jun 1, 2018
How is that considered essential work under the CA "in shelter' guidelines???? Someone paid someone off is right. Newsome paid off? Does he know about that and if so why isn't he doing something about it? Bunch of BS. Anytime Jerrah's bottom line is at stake you an expect something shady like this.
I know someone familiar with this and has a large commercial tenant construction company in LA.

According to him, our Governor wants commercial construction to continue and his company is still working on numerous jobs.

Don’t ask me if this makes sense as I don’t think it does....in fact, seems deadly and irresponsible to me.

Pointyearedog

Aug 19, 2008
Golden Hill
I heard on Colin Cowherd's show earlier that Robert Kraft sent one of his Patsie team jets to China to pick up a delivery of masks and medical supplies, and then used team trucks when they got back to deliver the items to hospitals in need.
What would Spanos do? Probably send a food or taco truck to the Carson hospital and only charge the hospital workers 50% off.

• Haha

cocasts

BoltTalker
Jun 1, 2018
I heard on Colin Cowherd's show earlier that Robert Kraft sent one of his Patsie team jets to China to pick up a delivery of masks and medical supplies, and then used team trucks when they got back to deliver the items to hospitals in need.
What would Spanos do? Probably send a food or taco truck to the Carson hospital and only charge the hospital workers 50% off.
He’s encouraging 3000 to work on his stadium and spread the virus. THAT’s his contribution. Business over the public safety.

Fucking Goodall should be out in front of this and shutting construction down in the interest of public welfare. Bastards!

Pointyearedog

Aug 19, 2008
Golden Hill
Shouldn't this fall on Kroenke's head for the LA stadium if there are any sicknesses brought about or loss of life or work stoppages due to this virus?

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Shouldn't this fall on Kroenke's head for the LA stadium if there are any sicknesses brought about or loss of life or work stoppages due to this virus?
he and Jerrah and Goodell and Spanos.....all implicated. Oh and Newsome too for not shutting it down, as well as Garcetti. WTF man.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Please remember, Football is Family.

We spent a lot of money on that one.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Those 2 Taylor Swift concerts (each at least 45-50,000) won't happen.

You wanna sense of the NFL need to keep the interest up and keeping interest up and its corporate supported players? This is how desperate they are.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Tell the NFL your business is not approved. Science, not Goodell or Money Men, will decide.
Hold the damn games at Mar-a-Lago.

Reactions: handoverfist

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
The League doesn't want the networks to start thinking of cutting back, networks don't want (hopefully) to be part of a business-as-usual through their public exposure.
NFL should pay for testing every player, owner, network personnel, in a neutral empty stadium, every game.

The League might still get paid with the empty stadium
and it would be the final, obvious conclusion to the screw the fans,
they're not needed but for merchandise, we want the big money.
The ultimate human scale video game.

cocasts

BoltTalker
Jun 1, 2018
Tell the NFL your business is not approved. Science, not Goodell or Money Men, will decide.
Hold the damn games at Mar-a-Lago.

hahahaha....Gavin will soon learn the NFL is far more powerful than a Governor.

Reactions: Fender57

Pointyearedog

Aug 19, 2008
Golden Hill
hahahaha....Gavin will soon learn the NFL is far more powerful than a Governor.
You can't fill a stadium with Coronavirus around, and the only thing worse is trying to put anyone into seats when the team is afflicted with Spanositis…

cocasts

BoltTalker
Jun 1, 2018
You can't fill a stadium with Coronavirus around, and the only thing worse is trying to put anyone into seats when the team is afflicted with Spanositis…
like I’ve repeatedly said, if corona Is still around come September we’ll be in a depression worse than the 30’s.