• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Snakes on a Plane

Really? My daughter wants to go see it...It is probably a dumb fun B movie...

On in the background David Letterman tonite "You can take deadly snakes on a plane but not a water bottle" lol.

Ride The Lightning

Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.
It's actually pretty good once you get past the total absurdity of the plot, which IMO, it the only reason to see it, the utter stupidity of it, and they actually make it work.

Sam Jackson is AWESOME. I could actually sit through a 2 hour monologue by SLJ, he just kicks ***. Although there are quite a few gross out scenes, a few jump out of your seat scenes, it's a good action flick. It's very humorus, and even more so when the crowd was like our was, totally in on the joke. I can sum the whole movie up in 2 sentences:

"THAT'S IT! I HAVE HAD IT WITH THESE MOTHER****IN' SNAKES ON THIS MOTHER****IN' PLANE!!!!"

If that one bit of actual dialog cracks you up, GO SEE IT. It's just a good time, simple as that!

Ride The Lightning said:
It's actually pretty good once you get past the total absurdity of the plot, which IMO, it the only reason to see it, the utter stupidity of it, and they actually make it work.

Sam Jackson is AWESOME. I could actually sit through a 2 hour monologue by SLJ, he just kicks ***. Although there are quite a few gross out scenes, a few jump out of your seat scenes, it's a good action flick. It's very humorus, and even more so when the crowd was like our was, totally in on the joke. I can sum the whole movie up in 2 sentences:

"THAT'S IT! I HAVE HAD IT WITH THESE MOTHER****IN' SNAKES ON THIS MOTHER****IN' PLANE!!!!"

If that one bit of actual dialog cracks you up, GO SEE IT. It's just a good time, simple as that!

Alot of movies I like have totally absurd plots...it does seem humerous and as my daughter wants to see it I probably will...SLJ is good in anything he is in...

So what's it about?

j/k!

Sometimes you need a break in life and it's fun to go see a stupid dumb movie you don't have to think about too much...

WonderSlug

Ride The Lightning said:
GO see it in the theater. It doesn't disappoint.
I might, if I can suspend belief enough to allow the thought of snakes getting loose on a commercial flight. Especially since the snakes are probably at least 90% CGI.

Any chicks in that movie show their "stuff" ? :icon_wink:

WonderSlug

KimPossible said:
13....I'm pretty sure I'll be more scared than her....:icon_eek:
Eh, I've been seeing scary movies since I was a young kid.

There was really only one movie that scared me, and I was 8, and it was more the end credits music that scared me than anything that happened in the movie. :)

WonderSlug said:
Eh, I've been seeing scary movies since I was a young kid.

There was really only one movie that scared me, and I was 8, and it was more the end credits music that scared me than anything that happened in the movie. :)

Well, are you going to tell us what it is??? :icon_wink:

WonderSlug

KimPossible said:
Well, are you going to tell us what it is??? :icon_wink:
Oops! Sorry.

The original "The Omen" (1976), starring Gregory Peck and Lee Remick.

The end credits music, with the creepy ceremonial chanting, and organ music fracked with my head.

It also didn't help that it was 10:00pm at that point and I had gone to bed just as the credits began to roll. I was shivering under the covers for about 30 minutes.

I saw the Omen as a kid too and was terrified....but the Exorcist was worse :icon_eek: ...I was too good a kid though to be possessed by the Devil lol...

I do not like slasher movies but scary movies can be kind of fun once in a while...

People magazine today had a list of things to do in case you encounter snakes on your plane....have the pilot turn the temp down below 60...they go to sleep!

Yeah that Omen music is scary....

WonderSlug

KimPossible said:
People magazine today had a list of things to do in case you encounter snakes on your plane....have the pilot turn the temp down below 60...they go to sleep!
Yeah, it's that way with nearly all reptiles. Since they can't generate body heat of their own, a lower ambient temperature will make them 'drowsy' and sluggish.

rexy2006

KimPossible said:
I saw the Omen as a kid too and was terrified....but the Exorcist was worse :icon_eek: ...I was too good a kid though to be possessed by the Devil lol...

I do not like slasher movies but scary movies can be kind of fun once in a while...

Yeah that Omen music is scary....
The Omen soundtrack freaks me out.

I saw the Exorcist several times. When I would see it at people's houses I stayed behind their couch. I was a-scurred.:icon_eek:

Ride The Lightning

Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.
13, she should be able to handle it, but there is nudity, sex, drug use, and TONS of swearing :tup:. If you're cool with that, the sankes won't bother you. There are a few jump out of your seat moments, but it's really just a goofy, B-movie horror/comedy, and it's a fun movie, since you get to see Sam Jackson kill a bunch of pissed off posionous snakes!

:nana_guitar:

WonderSlug

Ride The Lightning said:
13, she should be able to handle it, but there is nudity, sex, drug use, and TONS of swearing :tup:. If you're cool with that, the sankes won't bother you. There are a few jump out of your seat moments, but it's really just a goofy, B-movie horror/comedy, and it's a fun movie, since you get to see Sam Jackson kill a bunch of pissed off posionous snakes!

Sounds like a family night out at the movies with the kids! :yes: :tup:

:lol:

Ride The Lightning said:

She begging me but I will have to think about it....she is a very good girl though...and knows right from wrong regarding language etc...and she's very persuasive.

Goofy B movie horror comedies can be kinda fun once in a while...

NYchargerfan

Ride The Lightning said:

Yeah, SAM J just rules...