• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

SI picks the Chargers to win the division

SDRay

Let's go Fleet! #GoBoats #AnchorDown
Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/don_banks/10/31/playoff.picks/index.html

Two months are gone in the NFL's regular season and we've seen enough. We're ready to make a call. We're here to tell you who's in, who's out and who's going to be this year's version of the Steelers, making a belated but memorable run to the playoffs.

Nineteen of the league's 32 teams will enter November at .500 or better, with postseason aspirations very much alive. But only a determined dozen will get to the big dance when the playoffs open in January. We thought you'd want to know who Banks Shots is banking on:

San Diego: The Chargers and Broncos are both going to make the postseason, but something tells me Denver has perhaps already played its best ball of the season, while San Diego still has some ceiling to work with. If San Diego can hold things together defensively when Shawne Merriman disappears for a month, this is a team that no one will particularly want to play in January.

exodus

We better win. I do not want to be the darn "best team to not make the playoffs" team again. Let Carolina or somebody have that title.

exodus said:
We better win. I do not want to be the darn "best team to not make the playoffs" team again. Let Carolina or somebody have that title.
I agree. We were the best of the crappy, now let's be the best of the best!

AnteaterRaider

Carpe Diem et omni Mundio
Staff member
Super Moderator
Podcaster
We'll have Merriman rested and ready to go after a month for the home stretch
Someone's going to pay running up against us

I Like This Statement!!!

"something tells me Denver has perhaps already played its best ball of the season, while San Diego still has some ceiling to work with." :bolt: