• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

SI: Ex-champion Patterson dies at 71

Bolt Bot said:
Read full story for latest details.

article link
Floyd Patterson was amazing. I was just listening to sportcenter an the heaviest he ever fought at was 188 lbs. That's small for a heavyweight, let alone a heavyweight champ. RIP Patterson. You were a good one.

BFISA

Thumper said:
Floyd Patterson was amazing. I was just listening to sportcenter an the heaviest he ever fought at was 188 lbs. That's small for a heavyweight, let alone a heavyweight champ. RIP Patterson. You were a good one.
He took a terrible beating from Ingemar Johannson, but came back the next year and got the title back from Johannson.

I was jes a young boy, but I remember my dad talking about him during that second title fight.

BFISA said:
He took a terrible beating from Ingemar Johannson, but came back the next year and got the title back from Johannson.

I was jes a young boy, but I remember my dad talking about him during that second title fight.
They mentioned those fights on sportscenter. I had heard of him, but never realized how small he was to win the heavyweight title.