Si.com Poll Results

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

SDRay

FU Spanos and Dundon
Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
Jun 20, 2005
Chula Vista, CA
www.afsportsforum.com
Got this from Si.com this morning. Thanks all for your support in voting for Bolt Talk. We came away with 86% of the votes. Congrats to all Charger and NFL fan Sites. :tup:

You can now see a link to BT on the SI Charger page.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/teams/chargers/

As you probably know from SI.com’s new NFL team pages, bringing readers the best, most relevant news from across the web--even if it comes from our competitors—is one of our core philosophies. To take that experience to another level we also think that fansites, those enlightened, loyal communities of news, opinion and user interaction, are an integral part of that model.

As you certainly know, SI launched a vote in the magazine’s NFL preview issue asking readers to choose the top fansite in each market from the four that our editors nominated as the best, with the goal of linking to the winner. But because of the enormous outpouring of votes we received, SI.com has decided to include all of those sites on our respective NFL team pages. Over the course of the season we will closely monitor each site to make sure it continues to serve the readers with valuable information and maintains standards high enough for us to include them on our pages.

Congratulations to all and thanks for participating in our poll.

Paul Fichtenbaum

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
That is way cool SI included GlorifyThePast even though they did not win the fan voting. :tup:

Carrie1219

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2005
not here
Personally, I see it as a huge cop out... Why have the vote, only to announce the "winner" in this manner?? :tdown:

I smell complaining from sites around the league, forcing SI to basically back down from the contest. You all saw that the voting ended early.... Mark my words, I'm right on this one. :icon_evil:

I'm not saying I'm unhappy with the end result of linking the four SD sites from the SI page... I'm unhappy with the BS that appears to have gone along with the contest....

SDRay

FU Spanos and Dundon
Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
Jun 20, 2005
Chula Vista, CA
www.afsportsforum.com
Yeah, the voting was pretty much useless. But I'm glad that both sites are up there. Unlike other teams, there are not that many Bolt fan sites, so I'm glad that they went ahead and linked to both sites. I just wished that they would have just came out and did that in the 1st place with out the voting.

Thanks again to everyone that voted for us! :icon_toast:

LittleTrain

BoltTalker
Jul 31, 2006
Wasnt useless to SI...they got all of us to visit that site and check it out. Interesting marketing concept.

SDRay

FU Spanos and Dundon
Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
Jun 20, 2005
Chula Vista, CA
www.afsportsforum.com
LittleTrain said:
Wasnt useless to SI...they got all of us to visit that site and check it out. Interesting marketing concept.
Yup, I thought the same thing. It really was a ploy to help increase their traffic. But I'm still glad that we are now linked from there.

Drunk

Jun 19, 2006
Trumpet_Man said:
That is way cool SI included GlorifyThePast even though they did not win the fan voting. :tup:
Thats cuz we Rock! :tup: :icon_toast: :bolt: