SI Article: It's Rivers Time Now...

  • Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

    afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

    Sign Up or

    Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

boltssbbound

Well-Known Member
Jun 16, 2006
7,003
735
350
42
Fock Jeffri Chadiha.

From earlier this offseason:

Forget These Five
It's not too early to discount some overhyped teams.

4. San Diego: Another AFC West team that hasn't done much to improve this offseason. I won't believe that Philip Rivers is a better quarterback than Drew Brees until I see him play in a Pro Bowl. I also can't understand how a team so desperate for a reliable receiver to take some pressure off Keenan McCardell pulls off such a weak trade. The Chargers ended up with Rashaun Woods, a first-round bust with the 49ers who couldn't find a role on that offensively challenged team. Tight end Antonio Gates is a great player, but he's not going to keep the passing game from being San Diego's downfall.
 
  • Like
Reactions: glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts

BoltTalker
Aug 27, 2006
229
14
100
44
boltssbbound said:
Fock Jeffri Chadiha.

From earlier this offseason:

Forget These Five
It's not too early to discount some overhyped teams.

4. San Diego: Another AFC West team that hasn't done much to improve this offseason. I won't believe that Philip Rivers is a better quarterback than Drew Brees until I see him play in a Pro Bowl. I also can't understand how a team so desperate for a reliable receiver to take some pressure off Keenan McCardell pulls off such a weak trade. The Chargers ended up with Rashaun Woods, a first-round bust with the 49ers who couldn't find a role on that offensively challenged team. Tight end Antonio Gates is a great player, but he's not going to keep the passing game from being San Diego's downfall.
Nice find. Reppen ya! To funny to see how these "experts" flip flop. Lame.
 

boltssbbound

Well-Known Member
Jun 16, 2006
7,003
735
350
42
glutton4Bolts said:
Nice find. Reppen ya! To funny to see how these "experts" flip flop. Lame.
Yeah, 11 passes and Rivers goes from being the death of the Chargers' season to a star. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

Ride The Lightning

Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.
Aug 15, 2006
10,732
1,290
350
46
Chula Vista, CA
www.oceandivide.info
If you read the article he admits he was wrong about Rivers.

Before I continue, know this: I was a big fan of Rivers' predecessor, Drew Brees, and I thought San Diego general manager A.J. Smith made a huge mistake by letting Brees leave in free agency this offseason. Brees is smart, tough and had the confidence of his teammates after leading them to 20 wins over the last two years. As Chargers left tackle Roman Oben says, "Drew is the kind of guy that everybody roots for because he's barely 6 feet tall and he's had to prove a lot of people wrong." I thought there was no way the Chargers could take a step forward with that kind of quarterback playing in New Orleans these days.

I can see that error in judgment now.
Great read, thanks for posting the article Teutonic13.
 

boltssbbound

Well-Known Member
Jun 16, 2006
7,003
735
350
42
Ride The Lightning said:
If you read the article he admits he was wrong about Rivers.



Great read, thanks for posting the article Teutonic13.
I read the article and I saw that. But switching your position so drastically after a guy throws 11 passes suggests you don't know what the phock you are talking about.
 

Ride The Lightning

Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.
Aug 15, 2006
10,732
1,290
350
46
Chula Vista, CA
www.oceandivide.info
Well, it's not so much the amount of passes Philip threw, it was his poise and presence that convinced Chadiha that Rivers has "it". The example he gave was the trash talk w/ Sapp moment (see sig, :lol: ), as a reflection of Rivers confidence and abilities .

Honestly, I'm happy anytime someone writes a nice article about one of our players. Now if we lose 2 games and suddenly he's proclaiming Rivers a bust, THEN I'll be pissed, but I'm not upset that all these writers and so called experts were wary of the decision to let Drew walk, shit, I WAS!

"Crossover children. All are welcome. All are welcome in the light."