• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

    afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

    Sign Up or

    Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seau speech is awful!!!!!!

AnteaterRaider

Carpe Diem et omni Mundio
Staff member
Super Moderator
Podcaster
#3
It was a mix between a baptist preacher and a kid with ADHD
Couldn't stay on point, jumped in a million directions and really didn't say anything
He can't speak like he plays football, with such intensity
 
#6
Yeah, it was not that good. He better get a speech writer for canton.

I minimized the vid and it sounded like I was in church.

He looked nervous as hell as well. Sweating up a storm.
 
#8
leisure said:
I wonder if Trumpie watched it? :icon_eek:
I doubt it.

The "..I want to thank my children..." part would have sent him into a fit. I didn't catch all their names he menitoned, but doubt if his 1st child was one of them.
 

WonderSlug

Well-Known Member
#12
Thumper said:
Props to Seau for a great career and all that, but is it bad that I really don't care about Seau to much?
No. I don't either.

He was a great player for the Chargers. One of the best.

However, from what I've gathered, he was less than a stellar human being.
 

Trumpet_Man

Well-Known Member
#13
_Kwak_ said:
I doubt it.

The "..I want to thank my children..." part would have sent him into a fit. I didn't catch all their names he menitoned, but doubt if his 1st child was one of them.
I saw the rambling speech Junior gave and he did not acknowledge his first kid. He is probably resentful of child support.

Dude is a POS in my book.

His speech was pathetic.
 

AnteaterRaider

Carpe Diem et omni Mundio
Staff member
Super Moderator
Podcaster
#14
Trumpet_Man said:
I saw the rambling speech Junior gave and he did not acknowledge his first kid. He is probably resentful of child support.

Dude is a POS in my book.

His speech was pathetic.

i was wondering when you were going to weigh in on your opinion of the Seau speech. How could you tell which kid he was talking about anywya?
 
#15
PostAnteaterCharger said:
i was wondering when you were going to weigh in on your opinion of the Seau speech. How could you tell which kid he was talking about anywya?
He dropped all their names and he mentioned his Ex, that is his ex-wife from his first marrige. He never married the mother of his first child.
 

Buttmunch

Well-Known Member
#19
WonderSlug said:
No. I don't either.

He was a great player for the Chargers. One of the best.

However, from what I've gathered, he was less than a stellar human being.
Yeah, I used to worship this guy (like L worships bubble), but after hearing how arrogant he was, I turned on him. I met him in person at a Chris Rock show at 4th & B many years ago. Guy walked around like he owned the place.

Excellent player.....not so as a person.
 

Buttmunch

Well-Known Member
#20
Shamrock said:
From the McRugby collection (thanks to Thumper for re-size!!!)


That's Gary Plummer. Still looks in good shape.
Now he's a real PRICK. I really hate this MoFo. He talked nothing but sheat about the Bolts after he left. I still cringe everytime I see him and Young in that clip from the Superbowl where he takes the "monkey" off Young's back. Seriously, they should not let Plummer back near Charger's Park. F'ing assssshole............but tell me what I really think when I'm not in this good mood. :icon_evil:
 

RMANCIL

Well-Known Member
#21
leisure said:
God this is the worst goodbye speech ever
He was a little to deep for you and a few others but that happens sometimes . Perhaps the depth is a bit shocking from a football player in this day and age.

He sure is a far cry from T.O. and that type of low life crowd.
 

boltssbbound

Well-Known Member
#24
RMANCIL said:
He was a little to deep for you and a few others but that happens sometimes . Perhaps the depth is a bit shocking from a football player in this day and age.

He sure is a far cry from T.O. and that type of low life crowd.

I agree. I enjoyed the speech. He was passionate. He talked with great pride of his playing career. He talked about treating retirement like a graduation to another part of his life. That was awesome. So many pro athletes spend the rest of their lives re-livinng their glory days. Junior still wants to accomplish more.:tup:
 

AnteaterRaider

Carpe Diem et omni Mundio
Staff member
Super Moderator
Podcaster
#25
boltssbbound said:
I agree. I enjoyed the speech. He was passionate. He talked with great pride of his playing career. He talked about treating retirement like a graduation to another part of his life. That was awesome. So many pro athletes spend the rest of their lives re-livinng their glory days. Junior still wants to accomplish more.:tup:
true but still the speech bounced around waaaay too much to be really good. passionis good but passion in a speech needs to be handled carefully, you can't use it like you do on the field
 
#26
You guys are going to be p***** off at me for this about Junior's retirement speech and it is like this.

It is just my thoughts.

To me it sounded like he Junior Seau was accepting the Oscar for winning best performance in a football film and not a retirement speech.

Also to me it sounded like Junior was playing Frogger the game in his head and jumped all over the place. We the listeners did not know where he was going.

I love #55 LB Junior Seau for his play on the field which had a passion about it that was second to none. He put San Diego back on the map as a football city. When it came after games when he talked to Press Conferences it did not sound like the greatness we saw out on the field he is not the best as speakers.

You guys can start the bashing be senseless for my thoughts on Juniors Seau's retirement speech.:unsure: :eek: :unsure:
 

WonderSlug

Well-Known Member
#27
I haven't heard the speech yet. I'll listen to it later this week (maybe tonight or tomorrow morning) and give my thoughts on it.

However, it seems that most people think he rambled quite a lot.
 

boltssbbound

Well-Known Member
#28
PostAnteaterCharger said:
true but still the speech bounced around waaaay too much to be really good. passionis good but passion in a speech needs to be handled carefully, you can't use it like you do on the field
Sorry, but if you're expecting a polished speech from a pro athlete, you're expecting too much.

Seau talks like he plays. He might not always be where's he supposed to be, but he's going to blow it up wherever he is.

I can't believe we're getting into hardcore critiques of the guy's public speaking performance. This was a retirement party to celebrate and honor the man. It's not like Junior was being paid to deliver a profound, coherent, cohesive speech. Give the guy a break.
 

Top