• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seau signs with Patriots

Shamrock

Patriots | Seau signs
Fri, 18 Aug 2006 13:35:58 -0700

ESPNews reports the New England Patriots have signed free agent LB Junior Seau to a contract. Financial terms have yet to be announced.

Shamrock

Seau can't stay out - Patriots.com

Rather than breaking out the golf clubs and moving to Palm Beach, linebacker Junior Seau is headed to the cold northeast to help the linebacker-depleted Patriots. Seau signed with the Patriots on Friday, just three days after announcing his retirement.

Now that he’s a Patriot, Seau’s future seems a bit more certain that it did earlier in the week. He’ll just keep doing what he’s been doing – playing football. It will be interesting to see whether he’ll be filling in on the inside, or playing his old outside linebacker position. But at 6-3, 250 pounds, he’ll be a large and respected veteran addition to the team.

Ride The Lightning

Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.
It's OFFICIAL; Junior has signed with the Pats

It's official: I don't care.

I'm just waiting for them to retire his jersey when he finally quits. Again.

Ride The Lightning

Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Time has caught up to the Patriots. Give 'em credit, they had a good run, but I think their time at the top is done.

Without Weiss and Cromell they aren't going anywhere.

WonderSlug said:
Junior won't last 'til Week 10.
I agree, but I think he gets cut, before he gets injured. He is a non-factor at this point in his career. Maybe he can help a little against the run, but he's a liability in passing situation. Give it up Jr., you're just embarrassing yourself.