SDUT: Schottenheimer ignores heat

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

WonderSlug

Sep 1, 2005
www.boltsplanet.com
http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20060725-9999-1s25chargers.html

He knows winning is barometer of success

By Kevin Acee
UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER
July 25, 2006

First, let's get this out of the way:

“I don't think I'm on the hot seat,” Marty Schottenheimer said yesterday. “But I don't approach things that way.”

As he navigates what might be the decisive stage of an NFL coaching career that has spanned four decades, Schottenheimer believes he knows what he is and what he isn't.

The Chargers' head coach is fine with all that means, and he doesn't have time for, well, whatever else.

“I've got a job to do,” Schottenheimer said. “I'm not trying to do anything other than make every decision I can to give us a chance to win. Everything I'm doing is to win, because that's all that matters. Everything else is verbal diarrhea.”

He does measure himself that way – by wins and losses – same as fans and the media and his boss.
Click on link for complete article.