SDC eats crow thread

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

sdchrger

Dec 8, 2005
I gave Conc a ration for his complaints about Marty and his Martyball approach against the Raiders. Then when we lost to the Ravens and everyone was calling for Marty's head I defended his game plan and rationale for the conservative play calling the entire second half.

I've been pissed about this loss all week and can't shake this one like I have other bad losses in the past. Maybe it's LT and Keenan's comments and frustrations or maybe Marty's lack of owning up to any of it.

That being said, I admit I was wrong about Marty and his coaching this year. I have never been a big fan of his but I have supported him while he was here. I am now ready to eat my crow and say that he needs to fix this shit or go away.

I don't want this to be another Marty bashing thread, we got enough of those. I just wanted to tell you all something I'm sure you already knew. I was wrong and you were right. :icon_toast:

Reactions: BFISA

PhillyChargerFan

Sep 25, 2006
sdchrger said:
I've been pissed about this loss all week and can't shake this one like I have other bad losses in the past. Maybe it's LT and Keenan's comments and frustrations or maybe Marty's lack of owning up to any of it.
That's alright I'm still ticked too, but now I'm able to laugh about it :tup:

Shamrock

Jun 18, 2006
SDC -

Screw eating crow.

We all want the Chargers to win the Super Bowl. If that means Marty is successful, then great.

It's just that a whole lot of us see that with Marty's approach if is a more difficult road to climb, with no reason for making it harder.

Use the full arsenal ....... don't just rely on the Infantry when you have the Air Force sitting in hangars - playing cards.

Reactions: Thumper

Shamrock

Jun 18, 2006
thejdog said:
Trumpet Man you're next......

Get it while it's hot.

Trumpy likes his over ice ...... with lime and tequila. :icon_banana:

sdchrger

Dec 8, 2005
Shamrock said:
Trumpy likes his over ice ...... with lime and tequila. :icon_banana:
That Dick Head only gets one freebie. After that, I'm coming after him. :yes: :icon_banana: :icon_banana: :icon_banana:

foober

BoltTalker
Aug 17, 2006
eldwin said:
I STILL think the Chargers will win the Superbowl this year AND with Marty as the head coach.
I really really hope we win it all this year as well. We could.

And then let marty retire with a super bowl win under his belt.

mapcap55

BoltTalker
Aug 21, 2006
It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong....

But it takes a big ego to start a thread to let everyone know that your admitting to being wrong:icon_tease:

Just thought I'd try to give you something else to be mad about..:icon_wink:

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
mapcap55 said:

But it takes a big ego to start a thread to let everyone know that your admitting to being wrong:icon_tease:

:icon_rofl:

sdchrger

Dec 8, 2005
mapcap55 said:

:yes:

boltssbbound

Jun 16, 2006
sdchrger said:
I gave Conc a ration for his complaints about Marty and his Martyball approach against the Raiders. Then when we lost to the Ravens and everyone was calling for Marty's head I defended his game plan and rationale for the conservative play calling the entire second half.

That being said, I admit I was wrong about Marty and his coaching this year. I have never been a big fan of his but I have supported him while he was here. I am now ready to eat my crow and say that he needs to fix this shit or go away.

I don't want this to be another Marty bashing thread, we got enough of those. I just wanted to tell you all something I'm sure you already knew. I was wrong and you were right. :icon_toast:
I'll eat some crow, too. I defended Marty pretty staunchly after the game, but looking back, I can't help but realize that he hindered our ability to win. I don't put all the blame on him--the second half of last week's game was ugly, and many of the mistakes were the fault of the players. But if Marty had allowed Philip to throw a few more times, we probably we would have won.

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
Thread_Killer said:
Agree, sdc has the biggest ego on this entire forum.
Great avatar TK! I loved the green lantern as a kid, he was my favorite superhero, just before batman.

Thread_Killer

Feb 6, 2006
Concudan said:
Great avatar TK! I loved the green lantern as a kid, he was my favorite superhero, just before batman.
GL has always been one of my favorites, best superhero costume ever, IMO. The white gloves make it. :yes: