Scifres is a "Huge Weapon"

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

O'reilly

Aug 29, 2005
WonderSlug said:
Mike Scifres > Shane Lechler
Scifres is IMO the best in the NFL...but that kid on the Chiefs (Dustin Colquit IIRC, the son of a former great NFL punter) will be on his heels this season...that kid is a monster...:icon_eek:

WonderSlug

Sep 1, 2005
www.boltsplanet.com
O'reilly said:
Scifres is IMO the best in the NFL...but that kid on the Chiefs (Dustin Colquit IIRC, the son of a former great NFL punter) will be on his heels this season...that kid is a monster...:icon_eek:
Yeah Colquitt's another one to keep an eye on.

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
Everytime I see Sci-Fi launch the ball, you hear nothing but oooo's and ahhh's from the crowd ... always..... :yes:

Electric Chair

May 23, 2006
When I saw "huge weapon", I thought that maybe you guys were talking about his dong. I was thinking, "How do they know?" Then I remembered that David Binn was on the team, and he's probably close enough to Sci-Fi with all that time spent together in practice to let Mike get a little taste of Pam Pam, who in turn would be the source.

Now that I see I was way off base, I'll finish this by saying he is a kickass punter.

Back to work!

Boltdiehard

Jan 5, 2006
Electric Chair said:
When I saw "huge weapon", I thought that maybe you guys were talking about his dong. I was thinking, "How do they know?" Then I remembered that David Binn was on the team, and he's probably close enough to Sci-Fi with all that time spent together in practice to let Mike get a little taste of Pam Pam, who in turn would be the source.
Why don't you just ask leisure? He's the package expert.

:icon_rofl:

boltssbbound

Jun 16, 2006
MtlBoltsFan said:
Are you sure? Better ask JDog :icon_mrgreen:
Screw JDog :icon_eek: , I'm certain. Lechler's erratic and regularly outkicks his coverage. Scifres has fewer punts returned than anybody. The guy can kick it a mile. In fact, you see those mountains out there? He could kick it over those.

Reactions: T10 and Boltdiehard

Thumper

WHS
Aug 24, 2005
www.bolttalk.com
thejdog said:
I don't need my punter to be able to kick Steven Seagal'z azz.:lol:

On second thought that may be nice benefit. Remember some of the tackels Bennet used to make? Dude was an animal.
That was great that Scifres got to learn from Bennet. Bennet had a way of putting a back spin on the ball that would stop it inside the 20.

Scifres was doing it too when he first started and credit Bennet for teaching him the kick. I haven't seen this lately. Maybe Scifres should give Bennet a call to have him go over that back spin thing again. Other than that, Scifres has been money. Great hangtime, and booming punts.

Electric Chair

May 23, 2006
thejdog said:
:tup:

Shamrock is right...Crosby MUST BE FIRED! Our ST should be SOLID!

I disagree with Shammy more then anybody. Dude is knowledgable but I haven't missed a charger game in 24 years and watch ALL the games..every week. I am shocked at how two knowledgable fans can come up with totally different conclusions:icon_eek:
I think I missed what you disagree with Shammy on here. :unsure:

Basically, your post makes no sense to me as of right now. I'll give it an hour. :icon_wink:

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
thejdog said:
OK EC I see the discrepency...let me try to clarify:lol:

I agree with Shammy on his Crosby call but recently I've found myself disagreeing on almost everything else...( Goff sux, Jordan is solid, Osgood sux, Marty sux, Brees sux, Saints Oline sux)

No disrespect, but the Only takes of his I agree on lately are DE, Hart, and AJ, but hey thats what makes it interesting right?
If you guys do not agree with me then you all suck. :lol: :icon_eek: :yes:

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
thejdog said:
I disagree with Shammy more then anybody. Dude is knowledgable but I haven't missed a charger game in 24 years and watch ALL the games..every week. I am shocked at how two knowledgable fans can come up with totally different conclusions:icon_eek:
Shamrock is over rated. :icon_eek: