San Diegans Rejoice; there is trouble in the Spanos Clan

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Not happy Bezos would be a likely owner,,,,,much prefer Joseph Tsai who would likely bring them back to SD. Bezos would keep them in LA or go wherever he makes the most money personally, zero ties to SD.

Reactions: DFWBoltFan

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
But AM happy this lady revealed the spanoses are financially in trouble and the 'legacy' is being put in danger LMAO. WHAT legacy???? Failure and incompetence and greed...nice legacy. It would be absolutely HUGE Karma if the spanoses have to declare bankruptcy and the prime catalyst for such was dean's stupid ass decision to leave SD LOLOLOLOL. IF (and a huge if due to his monstrous ego) Dean sold , he would NEVER sell to anyone who might be affiliated with SD such as Tsai. That's his personal way of dealing with his own monumental failure to treat others fairly....he becomes vindictive. So even IF Tsai were to outbid Bezos ( fat chance of that given Bezos owns half the world now) Spanos would not sell to him out of vindictiveness.

Concudan

Life is really simple, but we make it difficult
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
I figured some would be dancing a jig at the news. :roflmao:

Reactions: Faded Blues

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
I figured some would be dancing a jig at the news. :roflmao:
ha....not here anyways....just for the fact that spanos might be going bankrupt (which many here predicted all along). But that team is not coming back where it belongs if it sells as I stated above, so no true joy.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
I wonder if Dea Spenis (Dea? How original) is tipping that Kroenke is incoming with cannons ablaze and doesn’t want further decimation?

Concudan

Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
ha....not here anyways....just for the fact that spanos might be going bankrupt (which many here predicted all along). But that team is not coming back where it belongs if it sells as I stated above, so no true joy.
No.
probably not moving back as the costs alone would be restrictive.

The ownership now has $650 million in loans to the NFL for moving
$200 million in loans to the NFL for the stadium
a 20% flip tax imposed on any team sales by the NFL.

A buyer would have to pay much of that, or get the NFL to forgive the Spanos the debt. I do not see that as a likelihood, those old guys want their duckets. The Spanos are in a hard place.
I would love to see them sell, but I realize we could get someone just as bad if not worse, as easily as we get someone better.

I would not mind seeing them sell, the new owner rebranding and giving SD back the name (like Cleveland got)... But that is still a long shot, because who knows when and if the NFL will expand again.

Reactions: Gill Man and TTK

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
Looked like Deano agreed to retain a firm to explore selling in 2024, but the trust can’t wait that long. What a clusterfuck of a owner. Dude could’ve just stayed put in the dump that was the Murph and would not be in this predicament.

Berberian says the trust’s debts and expenses exceed $353 million. Although Berberian says her brother has agreed to retain an investment bank at the end of the 2024 season to find a new owner, she says the debt is piling up and the trust can’t wait that long.”

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
No.

A buyer would have to pay much of that, or get the NFL to forgive the Spanos the debt. I do not see that as a likelihood, those old guys want their duckets. The Spanos are in a hard place.
I would love to see them sell, but I realize we could get someone just as bad if not worse, as easily as we get someone better.

I would not mind seeing them sell, the new owner rebranding and giving SD back the name (like Cleveland got)... But that is still a long shot, because who knows when and if the NFL will expand again.
Agree. San Diego is a huge long shot. Selling to anyone other than Bezos is a long shot too, for exactly the reasons you state: the huge debt that Spenis is on the hook for. Everyone used to say Donald Sterling was the worst owner ever but that guy always turned a profit, even sold the Clippers for a record amount after being branded a racist and kicked out of the NBA. Spenis fucked a sure bet: owning an NFL team.

Reactions: Faded Blues

DFWBoltFan

Where am I?
Apr 19, 2011
No.

• Haha
Reactions: Concudan

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
This proves all along how fucking stupid the league and dean were by moving the team to la. it was a fucking dumb move then and a fucking dumb move now.

353 million in debt
650 million owed to the league
300 million promised to stan

could have easily built their own stadium in san diego for that money.

fucking morons.

All of the nfl are fucking morons.

You know this was cordinated by stan and the league. Brilliant move. Have the family member bring suit.

Concudan

Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
This proves all along how fucking stupid the league and dean were by moving the team to la. it was a fucking dumb move then and a fucking dumb move now.

353 million in debt
650 million owed to the league
300 million promised to stan

could have easily built their own stadium in san diego for that money.

fucking morons.

All of the nfl are fucking morons.

You know this was cordinated by stan and the league. Brilliant move. Have the family member bring suit.
I do not know about 'easily' build a stadium in SD for that.
Remember, there was a time when the Spanos offered to build a 800 million stadium, additional money for infrastructure etc... all for some acreage to develop.

I am not sure anything is really easy where the Spanos and the City Council was involved.

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
Remember, there was a time when the Spanos offered to build a 800 million stadium, additional money for infrastructure etc... all for some acreage to develop.

I am not sure anything is really easy where the Spanos and the City Council was involved.
All I am saying if dean is going to be in debt for 1.2 billion, he could have stayed here and built
in mission valley.

yes. it would have been done that easy if dean would habe offered that much money. look at the csag proposal.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008

I remember someone penciled out that “proposal” Spenis offered and even with the free land, based on inflation etc., the Spenises would’ve run out of money and would’ve had to take on a partner or bail. Even then they were in way over their heads.

Reactions: TTK

DFWBoltFan

Where am I?
Apr 19, 2011
Not happy Bezos would be a likely owner,,,,,much prefer Joseph Tsai who would likely bring them back to SD. Bezos would keep them in LA or go wherever he makes the most money personally, zero ties to SD.
Agree I'm no fan of Bezos, but he wipes his ass with billions - what is he worth now, $190 Billion or so? He could buy the team, pay any associated costs to move, build a stadium in San Diego and barely feel a pin prick as to his net worth. The guy is a narcissist who obviously loves to win - if it meant even the remote possibility of bringing the team back to San Diego, I would have to support it.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
Agree I'm no fan of Bezos, but he wipes his ass with billions - what is he worth now, $190 Billion or so? He could buy the team, pay any associated costs to move, build a stadium in San Diego and barely feel a pin prick as to his net worth. The guy is a narcissist who obviously loves to win - if it meant even the remote possibility of bringing the team back to San Diego, I would have to support it.
Bezos would most definitely keep them in LA, especially if he agreed to pay all debts.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
More Spenis idiocy. Was Dea adopted? She’s the only one with any brains it seems.
EFCAE7E5-C39C-444A-8100-F6A1DBB5703C.png

Concudan

Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
All I am saying if dean is going to be in debt for 1.2 billion, he could have stayed here and built
in mission valley.

yes. it would have been done that easy if dean would habe offered that much money. look at the csag proposal.
Very valid.
I think the NFL were idiots by not offering him the loans to STAY in SD.

They claimed they loved the city.

Reactions: Fender57

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
ha ha ha.....typical statement from that asshole dean after he already pretty much played his hand that he was prepared to sell aftr 2024 as they were going bankrupt. Jeebus what a moron. This is the kind of businessperson who you wind up when he is handed everything from his dad, never really learning a damn thing about real life business interactions and how to deal with others in the process. Effing joke the NFL let this guy get as far as he did.

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
I think bexos wants the redskins or whover they are called. Bezos is a dc kind of elite.

if the nfl wants the team in san diego they could waive the relocation fees. nome has been paid. Plus, stan could waive the rest of the ssl debt.

if someone eants to buy the chargers in la they are looking at north of 3.6 billion. rich guys dont make bad investments.

Reactions: Fender57