• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

"Sammy Davis... again... burned on that"

WonderSlug

Humboldt from the SDUT found this nice thread regarding Sammy Davis on the 49ers forum. :icon_mrgreen:

Thread:

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=27506

Sammy Davis video, being burned in pass coverage:

humboldt said:
I hate to bag on the Candyman. He is a nice guy.

But remember niners2001 coming over here and starting those threads about Sammy Davis, talking smack about how Nolan had "schooled" AJ on that trade for R. Woods?

Well, 49ers fans are getting to know the real Sammy Davis. Check out this thread at the 49ers' forum.

There is a video in the first post, and the play-caller's last words are "Sammy Davis again burned on that..."

Sammy still has some defenders among hopeful 49ers fans, but it doesn't appear the change of scenery has helped his coverage skills.

WonderSlug

PostAnteaterCharger said:
i'd snicker but lets be honest, we didn't get much in that trade either
We got rid of Sammy Davis.

That's good enough for me.

I don't care if we got a bouncy ball in trade or not.

foober

BoltTalker
Does anyone know the rules of this transaction that the chargers may get a compensation pick out of it. BAsically we lost sam davis. And then gained nothing cause woods was physically unable to perform.

WonderSlug

foober said:
Does anyone know the rules of this transaction that the chargers may get a compensation pick out of it. BAsically we lost sam davis. And then gained nothing cause woods was physically unable to perform.
I think we don't get a comp pick.

You only get comp picks for players you drafted that are lost in free agency.

If they are traded, no comp pick.

WonderSlug

BFISA said:
They alluded to a TD pass prior to this'un...Sammy got burned on that one, as well!!

It wasn't purty!!:no: :tdown:
Yeah. I've recorded all the preseason games shown on TV so far.

I'll have to rewatch the Niners vs. Cowboys game to see how badly Sammy plays.

WonderSlug said:

he plays really soft too, good thing he got a few million to put into the stupid invention he built

BFISA

WonderSlug said:

You can watch it if ya wanna...ISTR that he whiffed onna tackle or 3, as well!!:icon_eek: :icon_mrgreen: :lol:

I trust that niners2001 hasn't found this forum and hasn't been over here talking smack on Sammy Davis? Hey niners2001, here ya go :icon_tease: little brother!

humbolt said:
I trust that niners2001 hasn't found this forum and hasn't been over here talking smack on Sammy Davis? Hey niners2001, here ya go :icon_tease: little brother!
You know...in the dog world, litters of puppies will...eliminate...one of the puppies if they sense there's something internally wrong with it...

WonderSlug

humbolt said:
Did he eat lead paint when he was really young? :icon_wink:

I can't think how anyone would think getting Sammy Davis from us would be a 'steal'. :icon_shrug:

Is the 49ers' secondary really THAT bad where Sammy Davis is an upgrade? :icon_huh:

AnteaterRaider

Carpe Diem et omni Mundio
Staff member
Super Moderator
Podcaster
HEXEDBOLT said:
Is the smoke still billowing off of Sammy? somebody please get a hose and put the flames out.
don't do that
he's serving as my oven/grill
five days later and he gets my steak cooked

M

matilack

WonderSlug said:
We got rid of Sammy Davis.

That's good enough for me.

I don't care if we got a bouncy ball in trade or not.
I would have been happier getting a late draft pick for him, I called what Rashaun Woods was. There was doubts the guy even knew how to play the game.