Saddam Hussein sentenced to death by hanging

  • Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

    afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

    Sign Up or

    Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Electric Chair

Well-Known Member
May 23, 2006
8,437
563
350
http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/11/05/dujail.saddam/index.html

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- The Iraqi High Tribunal on Sunday sentenced a combative Saddam Hussein and two other defendants to death by hanging for a brutal crackdown in 1982 in the Shiite town of Dujail.

Iraqis under a curfew in Baghdad spilled out into the streets in celebration of the verdict, news footage showed. But protests were held in Saddam Hussein's hometown.

Along with Hussein, his half-brother and former intelligence chief Barzan Hassan, and former chief judge of the Revolutionary Court Awad Bandar also got death. (Watch Hussein shout protests during sentencing -- 4:05 Video)

Taha Yassin Ramadan, a former vice president of Iraq, was sentenced to life in prison.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

More on this story, follow link...
 
  • Like
Reactions: Shamrock

BoltsFanUK

Well-Known Member
Sep 12, 2006
6,885
779
350
27
Kettering England
Electric Chair said:
http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/11/05/dujail.saddam/index.html

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- The Iraqi High Tribunal on Sunday sentenced a combative Saddam Hussein and two other defendants to death by hanging for a brutal crackdown in 1982 in the Shiite town of Dujail.

Iraqis under a curfew in Baghdad spilled out into the streets in celebration of the verdict, news footage showed. But protests were held in Saddam Hussein's hometown.

Along with Hussein, his half-brother and former intelligence chief Barzan Hassan, and former chief judge of the Revolutionary Court Awad Bandar also got death. (Watch Hussein shout protests during sentencing -- 4:05 Video)

Taha Yassin Ramadan, a former vice president of Iraq, was sentenced to life in prison.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

More on this story, follow link...
He got what he deserved!!!

The guys who found him in that hole should have just shot him and walked on:icon_banana:
 

Carrie1219

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2005
15,905
1,963
350
not here
SDRaiderH8er said:
Death by hanging, why dont they cut his head off like they do the Americans.
My thoughts exactly upon reading the sentence...

You know that someone will find a way to record this execution and it will find it's way to the internet.
 

grandmaster v

BoltTalker
Sep 22, 2006
32
3
70
54
i think it has to be done within a month.

i'd make the fugger wait until the last day to do it.

it's to bad november only has 30 days. he deserves to suffer.
 

KimPossible

BoltTalker
Jun 23, 2006
3,286
1,023
300
He will get justice in the next world...even the DP can't make up for the horrendous things he has done in this world.
 

Shamrock

Well-Known Member
Jun 18, 2006
11,141
1,167
350
55
Stone his ass.

I went on a convoy to relieve Shii'a (sp) in S. Iraq after the Gulf War. The stuff Saddam's army did to them was disgusting.

Stone him. Fry him. Hang him. Then burn his ass. Slowly.
 

BFISA

Well-Known Member
Nov 16, 2005
41,136
2,142
350
grandmaster v said:
i think it has to be done within a month.

i'd make the fugger wait until the last day to do it.

it's to bad november only has 30 days. he deserves to suffer.
There's an automatic appeals process that can take several months...the defense has 30 days to file that appeal.

Once the conviction is upheld (assuming it is!!), the execution must take place within 30 days.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Shamrock

Carrie1219

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2005
15,905
1,963
350
not here
BFISA said:
There's an automatic appeals process that can take several months...the defense has 30 days to file that appeal.

Once the conviction is upheld (assuming it is!!), the execution must take place within 30 days.
Do you really think Saddam will file an appeal? Isn't death by hanging something that is considered a form of religious honor?

Should be interesting to see him explain an appeal. :lol:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Shamrock

KimPossible

BoltTalker
Jun 23, 2006
3,286
1,023
300
The appeal is automatic but I think the sentence will be carried out within the next six months...

The death sentences automatically go to a nine-judge appeals panel, which has unlimited time to review the case. If the verdicts and sentences are upheld, the executions must be carried out within 30 days.

A court official told The Associated Press that the appeals process was likely to take three to four weeks once the formal paperwork was submitted. If the verdicts are upheld, those sentenced to death would be hanged despite Saddam's second, ongoing trial for allegedly murdering thousands of Iraq's Kurdish minority.
http://articles.news.aol.com/news/_a/saddam-hussein-receives-death-sentence/20061103125609990008?_mpc=news.10.4&cid=2359
 
  • Like
Reactions: Shamrock

Boltdiehard

Well-Known Member
Jan 5, 2006
4,805
1,007
340
They should just make him watch a Raiders game; he'll blow a hole in his own melon before halftime guaranteed.

Enjoy hell assclown because by the time we're done it's going to be awful crowded down there.