• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

    afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

    Sign Up or

    Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Rod Woodson just trashed us again!

Trumpet_Man

Well-Known Member
#2
leisure said:
Rod Woodson just trashed us again on NFL total access! He says the Raiders will be a surprise and that KC will be good and Denver is the class of the division. He said we have no QB's with experience so he does not know how the Bolts will be able to hang.


FU Woodson :icon_evil:
His takes suck as bad as his play. F-him. :icon_evil:
 
M

matilack

Guest
#11
leisure said:
Rod Woodson just trashed us again on NFL total access! He says the Raiders will be a surprise and that KC will be good and Denver is the class of the division. He said we have no QB's with experience so he does not know how the Bolts will be able to hang.


FU Woodson :icon_evil:
Tell u what, this shows how little Woodson really knows, hes already taking the preseason records for granted. This is a totaly biased opinion and it holds no ground with anyother person or player or coach or analyst that understands the NFL.
 

Trumpet_Man

Well-Known Member
#12
matilack said:
Tell u what, this shows how little Woodson really knows, hes already taking the preseason records for granted. This is a totaly biased opinion and it holds no ground with anyother person or player or coach or analyst that understands the NFL.
The Colts recently went O-fer last preseason and were on the verge of a perfect season until Week 14 where we slammed our chorizo into them in their own crib.

Pre-season records mean dick.
 
M

matilack

Guest
#13
Trumpet_Man said:
The Colts recently went O-fer last preseason and were on the verge of a perfect season until Week 14 where we slammed our chorizo into them in their own crib.

Pre-season records mean dick.
Damn right Trumpet Man
 

Trumpet_Man

Well-Known Member
#14
matilack said:
Damn right Trumpet Man

Fast forward to today and the Piece of **** Raider Nation is undefeated (4-0) in pre-season games.

On 9-11 those bastards will think the World Trade Center is coming down on the asses when they meet our boyz and again their record will mean dick all.
 

WonderSlug

Well-Known Member
#16
Trumpet_Man said:
The Colts recently went O-fer last preseason and were on the verge of a perfect season until Week 14 where we slammed our chorizo into them in their own crib.

Pre-season records mean dick.
However, there was a little blurb somewhere a few years where at the time 9 of the last 10 Super Bowl winners all had non-losing preseason records.

Here it is:

http://bargainshaq.wordpress.com/2006/08/21/14/

(Aug. 5, 2004) — Winning preseason games is important. Just look at the numbers. As a barometer of regular-season success, preseason records are a remarkably accurate gauge.

The past 10 Super Bowl champions had a combined 30-12 (.714) preseason record in the year they won the Super Bowl. Nine of those 10 teams posted .500 or better preseason records. Last summer, the eventual Super Bowl teams — New England and Carolina — were unbeaten (8-0) in the preseason.

In the free agency/salary-cap era, developing veteran cohesiveness and team depth in preseason is more important than ever.

“There are certain things you can do in preseason to establish the foundation of your football team,” said Houston Texans head coach Dom Capers. “We place great value on the development of our team through the use of preseason games.”

Preseason records of the past 10 Super Bowl champions:
Year Team Preseason record
2003 New England 4-0
2002 Tampa Bay 3-1
2001 New England 3-1
2000 Baltimore 4-0
1999 St. Louis 2-2
1998 Denver 3-1
1997 Denver 3-2
1996 Green Bay 3-1
1995 Dallas 2-3
1994 San Francisco 3-1
TOTAL: 30-12 (.714)

Preseason success has translated to Super Bowl victories throughout NFL history. Of the 38 Super Bowl champions, 30 (78.9 percent) posted a preseason winning percentage of .500 or higher. Overall, the 38 Super Bowl winners have a combined 115-65-2 (.637) preseason record.

Since 1995, the final four playoff teams (AFC and NFC Championship Game participants) have combined for a preseason record of 95-53 (.642).
Click on link for complete article.


Nevertheless, we fit that as even if we "lose" to the Niners in preseason, we will possess a non-losing preseason record.

However, I'm more concerned with how our first string unit looks versus our four opponents' first string units in preseason. If our starters look good, then we'll be ok, regardless of the outcome determined in the second half by our backups.
 

Trumpet_Man

Well-Known Member
#17
WonderSlug said:
However, there was a little blurb somewhere a few years where at the time 9 of the last 10 Super Bowl winners all had non-losing preseason records.

Here it is:

http://bargainshaq.wordpress.com/2006/08/21/14/



Click on link for complete article.


Nevertheless, we fit that as even if we "lose" to the Niners in preseason, we will possess a non-losing preseason record.

However, I'm more concerned with how our first string unit looks versus our four opponents' first string units in preseason. If our starters look good, then we'll be ok, regardless of the outcome determined in the second half by our backups.
When you cut through the clutter it is bascally this given the data.

If you have a pre-season where you post a .500 record or better, you have a 60% chance to win the SuperBowl.

If you go 0-fer in pre-season, you have a 40% chance to win the whole enchilada.

So does this statistically amount to a substantial difference ?

Now stay with this thought:

Notice how the stats changed when they went for the last 10 to 30 then finally 38 Super Bowl champs and how the stats were driven down to almost 50% (63.7%). I bet if we add the 39th and 40th teams pre-season records it will go down even further but that is just a hunch.....
 

WonderSlug

Well-Known Member
#18
Trumpet_Man said:
When you cut through the clutter it is bascally this given the data.

If you have a pre-season where you post a .500 record or better, you have a 60% chance to win the SuperBowl.

If you go 0-fer in pre-season, you have a 40% chance to win the whole enchilada.

So does this statistically amount to a substantial difference ?

Now stay with this thought:

Notice how the stats changed when they went for the last 10 to 30 then finally 38 Super Bowl champs and how the stats were driven down to almost 50% (63.7%). I bet if we add the 39th and 40th teams pre-season records it will go down even further but that is just a hunch.....
Yeah. Because of how much the realignment changed things in 2002, I do have a little trouble going further back than that to use stats to back up an argument, unless it's an individual's entire career stats.
 

exodus

Well-Known Member
#19
Trumpet_Man said:
Fast forward to today and the Piece of **** Raider Nation is undefeated (4-0) in pre-season games.

On 9-11 those bastards will think the World Trade Center is coming down on the asses when they meet our boyz and again their record will mean dick all.
Didn't the chargers go 4-0 in preason and finish 1-15 that season???

Here's hoping the faiders do it justice and take rank with the Bucs:tup:
 
#20
exodus said:
Didn't the chargers go 4-0 in preason and finish 1-15 that season???

Here's hoping the faiders do it justice and take rank with the Bucs:tup:
Very true.

The Raiders suck. The fans just have not realized it yet.:icon_huh:
 

WonderSlug

Well-Known Member
#21
Critter said:
Very true.

The Raiders suck. The fans just have not realized it yet.:icon_huh:
You got that right.

Half of the Tuds on RaiderFans are trying to convince themselves that Jeff George was a good signing. :lol:
 
#22
Woodson is a joke and is only marginally better the Irvin, and that is only because he doesn't TALK REALLY LOUD like that crackhead.

Did they remove the crackhead from NFL countdown or am I still going to have my finger on the mute button?

I wonder if DirectTV tracks the viewship and if they would notice if everyone changed channels when crackhead starts talking? I always mute his dumbass or have my last channel set to another NFL show and flip the channel.
 
#23
_Kwak_ said:
Did they remove the crackhead from NFL countdown or am I still going to have my finger on the mute button?
Keep the trigger finger ready. He is still there.

I specifically do not watch that show because of him.

I wonder how many others are out there like us and does ESPN realize they are losing viewers because of that blowhard?:tdown:
 
#24
Critter said:
Keep the trigger finger ready. He is still there.

I specifically do not watch that show because of him.

I wonder how many others are out there like us and does ESPN realize they are losing viewers because of that blowhard?:tdown:
I figured after his run in with the cops and his possesion of a crackpipe(no it was my friends :icon_rofl: ) they would have canned his ***. The guy is a complete waste of airtime.

I do like the show because they do a good job of covering the latest news about inactives for each team. Very nice for the last minute lineup changes for FFL.
 
#26
Trumpet_Man said:
Ditto.

In 11 days we get to drop our chorizos in the Black Hole for them to enjoy.

:bolt: Phuc the Raiders :bolt:
It's going to be so much fun watching Cam open up the playbook in that game to reveal all the plays he's been hiding this preseason...

It's going to be so much fun watching Aaron Brooks trying to find a receiver in the face of a really pumped up Bolts front-seven...

It should be billed as "Back to School Night" for the Raiders...

(Week 2 will be "Back to the drawing board" :) )
 

boltssbbound

Well-Known Member
#27
Trumpet_Man said:
Ditto.

In 11 days we get to drop our chorizos in the Black Hole for them to enjoy.

:bolt: Phuc the Raiders :bolt:
I did a little Smelly Black Hole recon the other night. My friend's sister was in town and had an extra ticket to the Sox/A's game. So I went to the Smelly Hole decked out in Charger gear. It was a brutal game, 9-0 A's, not that I really care since I kinda hate baseball.

At one point during the 8th inning, I started a chant of "phuck the Raiders." All the BoSox fans that were left joined in, until some juiced up musclehead with prison tats on his face and neck started shouting at all of us to shut the phuck up. I left as security was giving him a talking to. :icon_toast: :icon_rofl:
 

Trumpet_Man

Well-Known Member
#28
boltssbbound said:
I did a little Smelly Black Hole recon the other night. My friend's sister was in town and had an extra ticket to the Sox/A's game. So I went to the Smelly Hole decked out in Charger gear. It was a brutal game, 9-0 A's, not that I really care since I kinda hate baseball.

At one point during the 8th inning, I started a chant of "phuck the Raiders." All the BoSox fans that were left joined in, until some juiced up musclehead with prison tats on his face and neck started shouting at all of us to shut the phuck up. I left as security was giving him a talking to. :icon_toast: :icon_rofl:
:icon_rofl: :icon_banana: :icon_rofl:

Good for u !!
 

Top