• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

    afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

    Sign Up or

    Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Roaf to Stay Retired.

boltssbbound

Well-Known Member
#1
From PFW:

Roaf to stay retired

Chiefs OLT Willie Roaf isn’t returning to football, ending what could be a Hall of Fame career. Said Roaf, according to The Associated Press: "I often took my body for granted and played without thinking about tomorrow. I played hard and played only as if I was in the NFL for a couple of seasons. And 14 years later, I stand beside you and realize I will no longer play football." He also added, "I now accept the fact that I will not play football again, I am sorry I did not address this earlier, but my main focus has been coming to grips with that fact."
 

AnteaterRaider

Carpe Diem et omni Mundio
Staff member
Super Moderator
Podcaster
#5
anger management said:
Completely agree. He's always touted as a "great motivator"... I don't see it. His schtick gets annoying after about 4 seconds.

:bolt:
great motivator doesn't mean great speaker

Roaf comign back would ave been the only saving grace for the chiefs. they didn't and htrey are soooooo toast especially with green now out for a while
 

anger management

Well-Known Member
#6
PostAnteaterCharger said:
great motivator doesn't mean great speaker

Roaf comign back would ave been the only saving grace for the chiefs. they didn't and htrey are soooooo toast especially with green now out for a while
He's touted as this great motivator because of his "You play to win the games" speech. His team turned it around shortly after that, but the last two years rumblings out of New Jersey were that they were getting annoyed with his "way". I can totally understand that.

:bolt:
 

AnteaterRaider

Carpe Diem et omni Mundio
Staff member
Super Moderator
Podcaster
#7
anger management said:
He's touted as this great motivator because of his "You play to win the games" speech. His team turned it around shortly after that, but the last two years rumblings out of New Jersey were that they were getting annoyed with his "way". I can totally understand that.

:bolt:
Again that's the way that alot of motivators are; really good or they drive their players crazy. But again giving great speeches isn't hte same as being able to handle questions from the precess in a good way.
 

ntman68

Well-Known Member
#9
I am glad to hear he is hanging them up. I dislike the Chiefs even more than the Raiders, so seeing them take a step backwards makes me happy.
 

Trumpet_Man

Well-Known Member
#10
ntman68 said:
I am glad to hear he is hanging them up. I dislike the Chiefs even more than the Raiders, so seeing them take a step backwards makes me happy.
Why do you hate the Chiefs more ?

Did you go through the Coryell era ?
 

boltssbbound

Well-Known Member
#12
ntman68 said:
I am glad to hear he is hanging them up. I dislike the Chiefs even more than the Raiders, so seeing them take a step backwards makes me happy.
I don't understand that at all. Chiefs fans are pretty knowledgable and classy. And the organization does not stand for all that is evil in this world, like the Turds.:tdown:
 

AnteaterRaider

Carpe Diem et omni Mundio
Staff member
Super Moderator
Podcaster
#13
boltssbbound said:
I don't understand that at all. Chiefs fans are pretty knowledgable and classy. And the organization does not stand for all that is evil in this world, like the Turds.:tdown:
i concur

I really hate the raiders
I hate the donkies
I don't have a major problem with KC
 

boltssbbound

Well-Known Member
#15
LittleTrain said:
You guys need to go to some games at Arrowhead with me. Your opinion might change.
I've been to Arrowhead and came away extremely impressed. The fans support the hell out of their team. And when we beat their azzes, I had Queef fans shaking my hand, patting me on the back and saying, "the better team won today." Not alot to be angry about.
 
#16
boltssbbound said:
I've been to Arrowhead and came away extremely impressed. The fans support the hell out of their team. And when we beat their azzes, I had Queef fans shaking my hand, patting me on the back and saying, "the better team won today." Not alot to be angry about.

Musta been a rare game...what 2004? Or earlier? I've had the same experiences at times. I've also had threats made while walking through the parking lot, etc. Every group of fans has its gems. kc is no different. That and the weather sucks ***.
 

boltssbbound

Well-Known Member
#17
LittleTrain said:
Musta been a rare game...what 2004? Or earlier? I've had the same experiences at times. I've also had threats made while walking through the parking lot, etc. Every group of fans has its gems. kc is no different. That and the weather sucks ***.
I sat through a bad rain storm, but that's not the fans' fault. I was there in '94, when we came back to beat them 14-13. I'm sure they are far more annoying when we lose.

There are azzhole KC fans. But a much smaller % of KC fans are azzholes compared to the Turds and the no good lousy cheating Donks.
 

ntman68

Well-Known Member
#19
My KC dislike goes back many years... maybe 15. It seemed every time we finally got a head of steam during those dark seasons, KC came up and clobbered us in the mouth. I remember vividly being on the flight line at an air show in Riverside County, listening to 690 as the Chargers played the Chiefs in KC (Humphries/Means era). We were on like a 3 game winning streak and had already dispatched the Raiders and the Broncos. As I recall we were even giving 3 or so points. They bludgeoned us... badly. Losing in KC is always a brutal experience, but they humiliated us that day. I had taken the Charger bait, as I have done many times over the years, and thought we were playoff bound. I remember literally seething as I heard Hacksaw tell of the chants of "Overrated" and "Same old Chargers!". I know it sounds kinda silly, but I never forgave them for that, and I'm not sure I ever will.
 
#20
Ironically, the time when I really hated the Chiefs more than anyone was when Marty was their coach.

But to me the Chiefs are a distant third on the hate-o-meter. The Raiders will always have the #1 spot reserved, but right now they suck so bad that the Donks have pried their way into the lead. I can't stand Denver...
 
#21
Thunderstruck said:
Ironically, the time when I really hated the Chiefs more than anyone was when Marty was their coach.

But to me the Chiefs are a distant third on the hate-o-meter. The Raiders will always have the #1 spot reserved, but right now they suck so bad that the Donks have pried their way into the lead. I can't stand Denver...
Same with me:

Raturds :icon_evil: :icon_evil: :tdown:
Donks :icon_evil: :tdown:
KC :tdown:
 

Top