• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

    afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

    Sign Up or

    Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Rivers wrist problem? (total guess/question)

#1
Any word about this in the local media today or last night? I saw the trainer rubbing something on his wrist a couple of times in the sideline shots last night. Once it looked like they were spraying it with something. We have a cold spray that we use on the sidelines at HS games for injures that aren't too serious but could use ice if there was time.

I think the game dictated he didn't throw much, but IF his wrist is hurting that also is another factor. If he played every snap of that game it also couldn't be too bad. With a rookie as his backup, I'm probably overly interested. :)
 

sdchrger

Well-Known Member
#2
LittleTrain said:
Any word about this in the local media today or last night? I saw the trainer rubbing something on his wrist a couple of times in the sideline shots last night. Once it looked like they were spraying it with something. We have a cold spray that we use on the sidelines at HS games for injures that aren't too serious but could use ice if there was time.

I think the game dictated he didn't throw much, but IF his wrist is hurting that also is another factor. If he played every snap of that game it also couldn't be too bad. With a rookie as his backup, I'm probably overly interested. :)
I saw him talking to Olivea and you could tell he told him that he was fine. He probably caught a helmet and bruised it. It's Igor's injury that has me concerned.
 
#3
sdchrger said:
I saw him talking to Olivea and you could tell he told him that he was fine. He probably caught a helmet and bruised it. It's Igor's injury that has me concerned.
That would match up with what I saw.

Whats the latest on Igor?
 

sdchrger

Well-Known Member
#4
LittleTrain said:
That would match up with what I saw.

Whats the latest on Igor?
There really isn't much. Chargers.com said that he hurt his knee on the first series and his status for next week in unknown.
 

AnteaterRaider

Carpe Diem et omni Mundio
Staff member
Super Moderator
Podcaster
#6
my boy just tweaked his knee a bit and because it was such as *** whooping no need to possibly injure him more
TN will get hte Ukranian Power unleashed
 
#7
Swiped this from another board:

Igor on 1090

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He sprained his ACL last night when as he put it "That big slug Robert Galery rolled up on me after I threw him to the ground.". He's going to try to be back next week but I doubt that's going to happen from how he sounded.
 

WonderSlug

Well-Known Member
#9
matilack said:
not good, Cesair is cool and all, but not half the player Igor is.
They may also activate Derreck Robinson for the Tennessee game to go in Igor's place if he can't play or provide DL depth.
 

boltssbbound

Well-Known Member
#10
sdchrger said:
There really isn't much. Chargers.com said that he hurt his knee on the first series and his status for next week in unknown.
From Jay Posner of the UT:

Olshansky said he believed he would be fine, and Schottenheimer said the team's medical staff agreed the injury did not appear serious. “I felt a little pinch,” Olshansky said. “I don't have an expert opinion, but I feel OK. I didn't feel anything bad. I'm moving around, walking.”
 
#12
Yeah a lot of times knees seem worse at the initial time than they turn out to be...give it a few days and see where he stands. The schedule has been a break for us so far this year.
 

Top