• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Rivers outruns Merriman

WonderSlug said:
Merriman's like an octane booster for QBs. :lol:
That's for sure....but Merriman didn't catch him.

Rivers looks good...you can hear a little kid in the background saying "Who's number 17? Dad who is it?"

I'm excited to see what Philip can do.

"Rivers outraces 'Lights Out' Merriman in Chargers practice"
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...U2bYF?slug=ap-chargers-camp&prov=ap&type=lgns

"He's got some wheels on him, man," Merriman said. "The quarterback's got fresh legs so he can still move. Our legs are pretty beat up out there. But in a real-life game I catch most of the quarterbacks.

"Five more yards and I probably would have gotten him. I didn't think he would keep running. But he took another step and I said, 'All right, I'm going to catch him.'

Trumpet_Man

MtlBoltsFan said:
The ILBs could have brought Rivers down they just didn't want to hurt him :icon_shrug:
Yeah but Merriman did not catch him and should have....where did Rivers get those wheels ? I have seen him run before and he looked like Fouts running - not pretty.

MtlBoltsFan

Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016
Trumpet_Man said:
Yeah but Merriman did not catch him and should have....where did Rivers get those wheels ? I have seen him run before and he looked like Fouts running - not pretty.
Rivers is a bulldozer. This reminds me... Hardwick doesn't get enough props for paving the way for Drew Brees' QB sneaks last year. We had the most efficient QB sneak % and it's all because of Hardwick.

Trumpet_Man

MtlBoltsFan said:
Rivers is a bulldozer. This reminds me... Hardwick doesn't get enough props for paving the way for Drew Brees' QB sneaks last year. We had the most efficient QB sneak % and it's all because of Hardwick.
Guards also chip in on those blocks. Hardwick has to prove himself this year because last year he got abused.

Trumpet_Man

WonderSlug said:
You remember that TD pass that LT threw to Brees in Oakland about 3 or 4 years ago..... :icon_wink:
I jumped up and screamed the Chargers have never used that play in its history. I was stunned I saw something I had never seen the team do - ever.

MtlBoltsFan

Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016
Trumpet_Man said:
Guards also chip in on those blocks. Hardwick has to prove himself this year because last year he got abused.
Yes they do but Hardwick paved the way perfectly every time. Any C who is 255 pounds will get abused. Mauck must have thought we were playing in the 70's when they had 250 pound centers and told Hardwick to lose weight :icon_banana: