Rivers Named AFC Player of the Week...

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

SanDiegoRon

BoltTalker
Jan 13, 2006
http://blog.chargers.com/2006/10/rivers_afc_offensive_player_of.html

he's on his way...

Making his fifth career NFL start, Rivers notched his first 300-yard passing game with 334 yards and a pair of touchdowns without an interception in a 48-19 win at San Francisco. The 6-5, 228-pound quarterback completed 29 of 39 pass attempts for a glittering 116.8 passer rating and posted a streak of 13 consecutive first half completions, equaling the third-longest stretch in team history. During his completion streak, Rivers racked up 195 yards through the air and completed his two TD strikes – a 57-yard catch-and-run by Antonio Gates and a 33-yard pass to the end zone to Vincent Jackson. The Chargers recorded four scoring drives (three TDs, one FG) in which Rivers did not throw a single incompletion. The first-year starter was nine of 10 on third down passing for 142 yards and a touchdown and also had two short runs for first downs on third-and-one plays. Rivers owns the NFL’s second-highest passer rating (100.6), second-highest completion percentage (68.8), second-highest third-down passer rating (114.8) and third-highest fourth-quarter passer rating (114.7).

In his third year from North Carolina State, this is Rivers’ first Player of the Week Award.

WonderSlug

Sep 1, 2005
www.boltsplanet.com
Cool! This is the first of what will be dozens of Player of the Week awards. :yes:

P.S. Hey Ron, who's that ugly dude to your right? :icon_tease: :lol:

SanDiegoRon

BoltTalker
Jan 13, 2006
WonderSlug said:
Cool! This is the first of what will be dozens of Player of the Week awards. :yes:

P.S. Hey Ron, who's that ugly dude to your right? :icon_tease: :lol:
yep, he's on his way... boltssbbound will be pizzed you said that... :icon_rofl:

BFISA

Nov 16, 2005
SanDiegoRon said:
yep, he's on his way... boltssbbound will be pizzed you said that... :icon_rofl:
Your NEAR right :icon_evil:

WTG, Philip!!:tup:

BFISA

Nov 16, 2005
WonderSlug said:
Yeah, Ron. The ugly dude with the shades on his head, who often carries a musical instrument of some sort. :lol:
You can tell his degree of sobriety very easily...his trumpet sounds very clear at 6:30 in ther mornin :)icon_eek: :icon_evil: ), after the first cuppola mimosas, he's still hangin in there...as the day progresses, he deteriorates incrementally/exponentially...by the time he fires up acuppola bowls, fugeddaboutit!!:icon_mrgreen: :lol: :yes: :icon_rofl: :icon_banana: :icon_toast:

WonderSlug

Sep 1, 2005
www.boltsplanet.com
BFISA said:
You can tell his degree of sobriety very easily...his trumpet sounds very clear at 6:30 in ther mornin :)icon_eek: :icon_evil: ), after the first cuppola mimosas, he's still hangin in there...as the day progresses, he deteriorates incrementally/exponentially...by the time he fires up acuppola bowls, fugeddaboutit!!:icon_mrgreen: :lol: :yes: :icon_rofl: :icon_banana: :icon_toast:

So, the more he drinks, the limper his horn gets.

Just like most guys.

:icon_rofl:

Again, Congrats to Philip! Didn't mean to hijack this thread and make it about Trumpy. :D

PhillyChargerFan

Sep 25, 2006
:icon_toast: :icon_toast: :icon_toast:

Congrats Rivers!!!

Let's not forget the OUTSTANDING job the oline did also!!

P88F

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2006
SanDiegoRon said:
http://blog.chargers.com/2006/10/rivers_afc_offensive_player_of.html

he's on his way...

Making his fifth career NFL start, Rivers notched his first 300-yard passing game with 334 yards and a pair of touchdowns without an interception in a 48-19 win at San Francisco. The 6-5, 228-pound quarterback completed 29 of 39 pass attempts for a glittering 116.8 passer rating and posted a streak of 13 consecutive first half completions, equaling the third-longest stretch in team history. During his completion streak, Rivers racked up 195 yards through the air and completed his two TD strikes – a 57-yard catch-and-run by Antonio Gates and a 33-yard pass to the end zone to Vincent Jackson. The Chargers recorded four scoring drives (three TDs, one FG) in which Rivers did not throw a single incompletion. The first-year starter was nine of 10 on third down passing for 142 yards and a touchdown and also had two short runs for first downs on third-and-one plays. Rivers owns the NFL’s second-highest passer rating (100.6), second-highest completion percentage (68.8), second-highest third-down passer rating (114.8) and third-highest fourth-quarter passer rating (114.7).

In his third year from North Carolina State, this is Rivers’ first Player of the Week Award.[/QUOTnermind

P88F

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2006
QUOTE=SanDiegoRon]http://blog.chargers.com/2006/10/rivers_afc_offensive_player_of.html

he's on his way...

In his third year from North Carolina State, this is Rivers’ first Player of the Week Award.[/QUOTE]

PhilipRivers#1

BoltTalker
Mar 14, 2006
PhillyChargerFan said:
:icon_toast: :icon_toast: :icon_toast:

Congrats Rivers!!!

Let's not forget the OUTSTANDING job the oline did also!!
I agree. The oline did its job allowing Rivers to do his.

Congrats !!! :icon_banana: :icon_toast: :icon_party: :bolt:

BFISA

Nov 16, 2005
WonderSlug said:
So, the more he drinks, the limper his horn gets.

Just like most guys.

:icon_rofl:

Again, Congrats to Philip! Didn't mean to hijack this thread and make it about Trumpy. :D
Thats about right, Slug!!:icon_rofl:

BFISA

Nov 16, 2005
parker88fan said:
QUOTE=SanDiegoRon]http://blog.chargers.com/2006/10/rivers_afc_offensive_player_of.html

he's on his way...

In his third year from North Carolina State, this is Rivers’ first Player of the Week Award.
[/QUOTE]

Diddlin with the submit button!!:icon_eek: :icon_mrgreen: :lol: :yes:

exodus

Nov 4, 2005
Congrats Philip. The first of many no doubt. Let's pick up another one against that spotty KC team.

megold0715

Oct 10, 2006
congrats to phillip rollin down the river it as like smooth sailing against dem 9ers

SanDiegoRon

BoltTalker
Jan 13, 2006
On a related note - per JoelBolt...

"Quarterback Billy Volek has been elevated to number two position behind starter Philip Rivers. Casey (Pierce) has the scoop and the full article will be on the site soon."

Reactions: rexy2006

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
As I told most of you freaking heathens, Philip Rivers is the "Chosen One" and like the dagger in the heart of the vampire - I extinguish all of your non-believers and now I have you by the balls. :icon_mrgreen:

Boltdiehard

Jan 5, 2006
Trumpet_Man said:
I have you by the balls. :icon_mrgreen:

:no:

Wait a minute. I've suffered through the same crap as you T-Man and I just needed to see it for myself.

No balls dude. Not doing it.

I do believe.

When he beats the Donkos in Denver I'll buy a lifetime pass on the Rivers Rockin Renegades. :bolt:

BFISA

Nov 16, 2005
Trumpet_Man said:
As I told most of you freaking heathens, Philip Rivers is the "Chosen One" and like the dagger in the heart of the vampire - I extinguish all of your non-believers and now I have you by the balls. :icon_mrgreen:
"When ya gottem by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow!!"

An extrapolation from Confucius

:icon_mrgreen: :lol: