Rivers is growing quick.

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

turbo_turtle

In Disguise
Aug 2, 2006
Trumpet_Man said:
:bolt: The legion of believers grows. :tup: :bolt:
:icon_bow: All Hail the prophet or the Chosen one.:icon_bow:

:icon_bow: May you teaching bring more followers to the chosen ones fold.:icon_bow:

:icon_bow: Trumpy we are not worthy.:icon_bow:

BFISA

Nov 16, 2005
turbo_turtle said:
:icon_bow: All Hail the prophet or the Chosen one.:icon_bow:

:icon_bow: May you teaching bring more followers to the chosen ones fold.:icon_bow:

:icon_bow: Trumpy we are not worthy.:icon_bow:
Don't encourage this assshole, Turtle...jeesh!!:no: :tdown:

turbo_turtle

In Disguise
Aug 2, 2006
BFISA said:
Don't encourage this assshole, Turtle...jeesh!!:no: :tdown:
But but but but but.

He is my outward emotion on how I fell about Philip Rivers.

I could go with Teresa also as the High Preistess of the chosen one if that would help?:icon_shrug:

:icon_bow: All Hail the High Preistess of the Chosen One.:icon_bow:

:icon_bow: May your teaching bring more followers to the Chosen ones fold.:icon_bow:

:icon_bow: Teresa we are not worthy.:icon_bow:

AthensPhilipRiversFan

Mar 13, 2006
turbo_turtle said:
But but but but but.

He is my outward emotion on how I fell about Philip Rivers.

I could go with Teresa also as the High Preistess of the chosen one if that would help?:icon_shrug:

:icon_bow: All Hail the High Preistess of the Chosen One.:icon_bow:

:icon_bow: May your teaching bring more followers to the Chosen ones fold.:icon_bow:

:icon_bow: Teresa we are not worthy.:icon_bow:
umm thanks but no thanks there turtle :icon_wink:

i have never liked Philip being referred to as "the chosen one." I know it's all in fun and to those who think it's funny and like it, that's all good. it's just a personal thing with me. call me Philip's #1 Athens fan and I'm happy as can be. Just leave off the High Priestess and Chosen One stuff. :)

turbo_turtle

In Disguise
Aug 2, 2006
AthensPhilipRiversFan said:
aint a dangggggggggggg thanggggggggggggg wrong with dat!!!:tup:
I thank you very much.

Teresa, you are almost considered his momma because.

First, you were able to watch him grow up in High school. As the big Super Star there.

Second, Teresa also was able to see the man that he has becaome in college. Seeing him becaome in my opinion the best QB that has ever been a Wolf Pack Mega Super Star.

Now you see him be the NFL super Star that some of us see in him the Poise beyond his experience, Leadership, great decision making abilities he has and the all around good man that he is.

If that is not a momma then I will settle for Thee Athens #1 Fan period.:tup: :icon_toast:

AthensPhilipRiversFan

Mar 13, 2006
turbo_turtle said:
I thank you very much.

Teresa, you are almost considered his momma because.

First, you were able to watch him grow up in High school. As the big Super Star there.

Second, Teresa also was able to see the man that he has becaome in college. Seeing him becaome in my opinion the best QB that has ever been a Wolf Pack Mega Super Star.

Now you see him be the NFL super Star that some of us see in him the Poise beyond his experience, Leadership, great decision making abilities he has and the all around good man that he is.

If that is not a momma then I will settle for Thee Athens #1 Fan period.:tup: :icon_toast:
Ur very sweet turtle. But no, that's not a Mama.

He has one Mama and she's a wonderful woman named Joan. That's his only Mama, the one God gave him and the one that nobody can ever replace. (I'm highly sensitive bout the Mama thang too I guess.)

I'm just a fan who happens to be a woman who's been very lucky to have seen things like you said, Philip playing football from high school till now. Our family was blessed to be financially in a place at the time he was in college to attend a bunch of his games and watch him play. Now, we're blessed to have directv so we can see his games since the NFL is a lot more expense, traveling isn't so easy and now we have the home of our dreams to pay for. LOL!

So yeah, refer to me as the Athens fan from here to forever, but Philip's Mom deserves the utmost respect and I'm sure he'd be the first to tell anyone how proud of her he is and how much he loves her.

So I'm justa fan. I'm satisifed with that. I'm a fan of the young man who will one day be known as the best player ever in the NFL.

Teresa:)

AthensPhilipRiversFan

Mar 13, 2006
Thread_Killer said:
What Teresa's really trying to say is:

"Turbo, you're starting to bug."

:icon_rofl:

nahhh!

THAT would be my 17 year old who wants to have her Junior Class Halloween party here Saturday night...there's only like 360 something of them.....ummmmm she's nutz!!! now SHE is realllllyyyy starting to bug!!

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
umm thanks but no thanks there turtle :icon_wink:

i have never liked Philip being referred to as "the chosen one." I know it's all in fun and to those who think it's funny and like it, that's all good. it's just a personal thing with me. call me Philip's #1 Athens fan and I'm happy as can be. Just leave off the High Priestess and Chosen One stuff. :)
Hey Teresa it is just as "personal" with us fans who have buried family waiting for a Chargers trophy.

Can you say the same after 40 years rooting for the same team ?

When you root for a team as long as we have and see someone who has the talent to take us to the big dance and we label him as the "Chosen One" - go with it.

Humor us a little because it is just as personal with us as it is with you. :icon_wink:

Reactions: PhilipRivers#1

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
PhilipRivers#1 said:
ALL HAIL THE CHOSEN ONE !!! :bolt:
Shit yeah man. :tup:

I never meant this to get in anybodies religion but we have our own religion going here and generally what I say goes. :icon_rofl: :icon_party:

AthensPhilipRiversFan

Mar 13, 2006
Trumpet_Man said:
Hey Teresa it is just as "personal" with us fans who have buried family waiting for a Chargers trophy.

Can you say the same after 40 years rooting for the same team ?

When you root for a team as long as we have and see someone who has the talent to take us to the big dance and we label him as the "Chosen One" - go with it.

Humor us a little because it is just as personal with us as it is with you. :icon_wink:

i do humor it. i don't bash it. i just said that i personally didn't like it. if you or anyone else wants to refer to him that way, thats yalls right and yalls deal. i don't have to "love" the concept and I don't go around every time anyone post it screaming and hollering for it to stop. it's defintely your and anyone else's perogrative to call him whatever ya like. i just dont like being referred to him in that way when it pertains to me.

thats kinda an unfair question. you know i haven't been a bolt fan for 40 years. I haven't been a bolt fan for 4 years.

i know there's many of you who have waited for years hoping for a championship. i sympathize but yall aint got God for a GM or for a QB. They are just men and yes, yall are all sayin it in fun. I know that, I over look it, I aint gotta like it, but i live with it.

i hope with every thing i have that the Chargers GET that championship. I want to see Rivers lead this team to a place that nobody else ever has. I just choose to call him "da man" instead of other descriptions.

yall can call him whatever u like. you do anyhow. i just asked not to be referred to in connection with it. i got no problems with turtle. he's sweet as can be.

if i didn't humor the situation i'd be coming in behind u and everyone else in every thread blasting yall for the pictures u post and what u call Rivers.

i really frickin needed this today.

Reactions: Thunderstruck

AthensPhilipRiversFan

Mar 13, 2006
Trumpet_Man said:
Shit yeah man. :tup:

I never meant this to get in anybodies religion but we have our own religion going here and generally what I say goes. :icon_rofl: :icon_party:

its not about religion. i'm not in church every sunday. i haven't been in a church in a long time. its about respect but whatever...we get it. what you say goes.

we'd been through this privately in PM's a long time ago on another board. was there really a need to go through it again. i NICELY asked Turtle to just not refer to me in those ways. i didn't jump all over him. I like Turtle. He seemed fine with my replies.

there was no need for this.

Reactions: turbo_turtle

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
The essense of the word fan is a contraction of the word "fanatical".

When AJ Smith is considered by some to be THE BEST GM we have had - ever ..... Certain titles of endearment are given by those same 'fans' (fanatics). Hey - "AJ is GOD" so sayeth the fanatics. :tup: Rivers is the "Chosen One" because of the same reasoning. :yes: It is all part of the circus. :icon_banana: Even atheists are welcome. :nana_rasta: :icon_beer: :football:

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
its not about religion. i'm not in church every sunday. i haven't been in a church in a long time. its about respect but whatever...we get it. what you say goes.

we'd been through this privately in PM's a long time ago on another board. was there really a need to go through it again. i NICELY asked Turtle to just not refer to me in those ways. i didn't jump all over him. I like Turtle. He seemed fine with my replies.

there was no need for this.
I have no qualms with the turtle and he was cool. I am not sure what you mean there was no need for this ?

Do not take this stuff too seriously as it is a forum and it is football we are discussing. People have a good time with this stuff. :yes:

We all want one thing - a Lombardi and we are going nuts waiting for one and our time is just about up......you have to sense a degree of desperation by the fan base before it is indeed too late.

mapcap55

BoltTalker
Aug 21, 2006
i do humor it. i don't bash it. i just said that i personally didn't like it. if you or anyone else wants to refer to him that way, thats yalls right and yalls deal. i don't have to "love" the concept and I don't go around every time anyone post it screaming and hollering for it to stop. it's defintely your and anyone else's perogrative to call him whatever ya like. i just dont like being referred to him in that way when it pertains to me.

thats kinda an unfair question. you know i haven't been a bolt fan for 40 years. I haven't been a bolt fan for 4 years.

i know there's many of you who have waited for years hoping for a championship. i sympathize but yall aint got God for a GM or for a QB. They are just men and yes, yall are all sayin it in fun. I know that, I over look it, I aint gotta like it, but i live with it.

i hope with every thing i have that the Chargers GET that championship. I want to see Rivers lead this team to a place that nobody else ever has. I just choose to call him "da man" instead of other descriptions.

yall can call him whatever u like. you do anyhow. i just asked not to be referred to in connection with it. i got no problems with turtle. he's sweet as can be.

if i didn't humor the situation i'd be coming in behind u and everyone else in every thread blasting yall for the pictures u post and what u call Rivers.

i really frickin needed this today.

Well I have been a Chargers fan for nearly 30 years and I, like you have a problem with all of the "God" talk. I had a little confrontation on that "other board" a while back and decided that, if I wanted to still be a part of this community, I was gonna have to just let it go and not fight that battle. I like most of these guys, even though I have nothing more in common with them than being a Chargers fan. So I just scroll on past Eldwin and Trumpie's photochops and try to have fun talking about the team.

By the way, I don't think that it's safe talking about your 17 year old daughter around this crowd:lol:

bigmike.x.09

Oct 22, 2006
rivers looks like he will be the best in the league in the near future, mainly because hes young and he IS quite good for a basically a rookie first stringer, i refer to him as a rookie because other than this season hes played ONE game, not even a FULL game mind you