Rivers...Chokers part ways

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Lance19

BoltTalker
Oct 2, 2011
Wherever these Valkyries drop me...
All kidding aside, except for making a joke post (#76), designed to mock the idiots running the LAC,
I really won't pay much attention to whether they go Tagovailoa or Herbert or Petey Pyrite.

For me, personally ("Your milage will vary") it feels wrong to reward these bastards with
much of my time or mental energy. Gates is gone. Rivers is gone. My loyalty is gone.

I'll pay just enough attention to hope that the move becomes an even bigger embarrassment
than it already is...and yes, even hold out a distant hope that one day, years from now,
under new, non-evil ownership, San Diego has their team back.

In the meantime, it feels wrong to me, to closely follow their moves or games,
as if the fucking betrayal had never happened.

cocasts

BoltTalker
Jun 1, 2018
Aaron Rodgers is,if you haven't noticed, falling off from his prime. The others you mention are not in the same class as a Mahomes or Russell Wilson, YET. However, if you haven't noticed, only Mahomes and Wilson were the two that performed like veterans in their rookie seasons. You cannot say that about any of the others. Thus they are in a class of their own.Now you can retract your post.
You can retract your whole month of posts.

• Haha
Reactions: Gill Man

Concudan

CPiSS (Chargers Post Season Syndrome)
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
yes, I believe that’s a real possibility. Then what? Or do the Chuggers move up?

Also, Miami could be trying to fool everyone by leaking interest in Tua so they can get Herbert.

Tua worries me with that bad hip injury. Rather have a sturdy Herbert who is also a standout academic all American. Brains are probably the most important QB asset.
Chargers (I would place this on the Spani) do not often move up. I would have to think Telesco has a plan beyond, put Tyre-Fyre under center.... But who knows. We will know in April.

But, Chargers haters rejoice. How long do you think Keenan and Mike Dub will stay around if Tyrod is the QB and they do not find success? Grass - Greener - Other Side.

Concudan

Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
All kidding aside, except for making a joke post (#76), designed to mock the idiots running the LAC,
I really won't pay much attention to whether they go Tagovailoa or Herbert or Petey Pyrite.
Gosh Darnit Lance! Stop posting shyte I agree with! That is out of bounds mister!

And Petey Pyrite is gonna be the GOAT!

For me, personally ("Your milage will vary") it feels wrong to reward these bastards with
much of my time or mental energy. Gates is gone. Rivers is gone. My loyalty is gone.
I can understand that. It is getting harder and harder to care about the LA Chargers, as the Spani stench just ruins everything.

I'll pay just enough attention to hope that the move becomes an even bigger embarrassment
than it already is...and yes, even hold out a distant hope that one day, years from now,
under new, non-evil ownership, San Diego has their team back.
I agree with you on the LA move. Can you imagine if they cant get but 20K fans in the new stadium, and they are all opposing teams fans? Of course Deano won't care, he will just in his narcissistic way think it is everyone just hating him for his success... Hell the guy googles himself and doesn't like the results and blames it on everyone else...

In the meantime, it feels wrong to me, to closely follow their moves or games,
as if the fucking betrayal had never happened.
I'm good with that. I am sure that takes a load off your mind too.

captaind

Waka waka waka
Jul 12, 2007
Tennessee
Talking heads are suggesting both will be gone by the time the Chargers pick.
Who’s the 3rd team picking a Qb? I haven’t seen any mocks with 3 going ahead of the 6 pick.

I assume if the Bolts want Tua, they’ll have to trade up with the Giants ironically to get the qb they want. I haven’t liked the little I’ve seen from Herbert but I need to watch more highlights.

Concudan

Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
Who’s the 3rd team picking a Qb? I haven’t seen any mocks with 3 going ahead of the 6 pick.

I assume if the Bolts want Tua, they’ll have to trade up with the Giants ironically to get the qb they want. I haven’t liked the little I’ve seen from Herbert but I need to watch more highlights.
I have not seen any mocks saying that but saw 3 videos yesterday on twitter where the talking head said wither the Chargers go with who they have or go to free agency because they are hearing the QBs worth a first will be gone.

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
yes, I believe that’s a real possibility. Then what? Or do the Chuggers move up?
They can trade Bosa and 2 future #1's to move up LOL. Maybe to get Tua who like you say will end up on IR with a bad hip....the protoypical chug draft pick in the first round. Or don't forget, all is not lost....Tie Rod is there already,,he'll save your team. If the chug get shut out on a QB it would be a well deserved slap in the face for being so stubborn and not drafting a successor for PR earlier. It's the same error the chug made way back when Fouts was getting old. They got stuck with mediocrity at QB for about a decade and a half right? Hope this is the same case scenario for them. Well deserved karma for those idiots.

Reactions: cocasts

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
I have not seen any mocks saying that but saw 3 videos yesterday on twitter where the talking head said wither the Chargers go with who they have or go to free agency because they are hearing the QBs worth a first will be gone.
So am assuming they mean Burrow and Herbert and only Tua might be left? Or do they think all 3 are gonna be gone? If this is one of those years where teams scramble to take the first 3 QB's they bolts could get shut out where they draft......unless they move up boldly.....but that's gonna cost and some teams won't want to part with the QB......everyone wants a young franchise type QB NOW, not a year from now. The bolts had their chance with Lamar but only considered him a WR. Mistake. They would have already had a couple of years to train the guy and work him into a system AND draft picks for Rivers. Now they have nothing. Thats on Costcolesco and Johnboy the Einstein from Bishops High. They got duped into thinking they were competitive for a SB in 2018-2019. Their devastation at the hands of the Pats was the last anyone heard a wimper out of that team as to being a 'SB contender'. They took a major dive last year. Their front office must be in shock LOL.

Concudan

Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
So am assuming they mean Burrow and Herbert and only Tua might be left? Or do they think all 3 are gonna be gone? If this is one of those years where teams scramble to take the first 3 QB's they bolts could get shut out where they draft......unless they move up boldly.....but that's gonna cost and some teams won't want to part with the QB......everyone wants a young franchise type QB NOW, not a year from now. The bolts had their chance with Lamar but only considered him a WR. Mistake. They would have already had a couple of years to train the guy and work him into a system AND draft picks for Rivers. Now they have nothing. Thats on Costcolesco and Johnboy the Einstein from Bishops High. They got duped into thinking they were competitive for a SB in 2018-2019. Their devastation at the hands of the Pats was the last anyone heard a wimper out of that team as to being a 'SB contender'. They took a major dive last year. Their front office must be in shock LOL.
If they are not planning on taking a QB this year. I would consider trading Bosa. Do a reboot, rebuild. He is a valued player, but I tend to think he is looking to get out of the Spani organization. Get value for him now.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017

Also, Miami could be trying to fool everyone by leaking interest in Tua so they can get Herbert.

Tua worries me with that bad hip injury. Rather have a sturdy Herbert who is also a standout academic all American. Brains are probably the most important QB asset.
Tua was seen often with Stephen Ross. Tua is a far better passer and QB than Herbert.
Bradshaw was an idiot, no? He had the tools, finally used them,

A nice snip from a draft profile.

BEST TRAIT - Accuracy

WORST TRAIT - Durability

RED FLAGS - 2019 Hip Injury

NFL COMP - Drew Brees

Last edited:

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017

Raiders.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Tua was seen often with Stephen Ross. Tua is a far better passer and QB than Herbert.
Bradshaw was an idiot, no? He had the tools, finally used them,

A nice snip from a draft profile.

BEST TRAIT - Accuracy

WORST TRAIT - Durability

RED FLAGS - 2019 Hip Injury

NFL COMP - Drew Brees
As for smarts I don't think Marino, Big Ben, Jim Kelly etc etc were ever considered top academics either. That's not a requirement to be a very successful QB at all. It doesn't hurt but it isn't necessarily going to r/o a player if he scores lower in the Wunderlic or any other intellectual indicator. Football smarts is not necessarily equated to academic smarts.

cocasts

BoltTalker
Jun 1, 2018
If they are not planning on taking a QB this year. I would consider trading Bosa. Do a reboot, rebuild. He is a valued player, but I tend to think he is looking to get out of the Spani organization. Get value for him now.
That’s a good idea even if they do get one of the 3 amigos (QB’s)

cocasts

BoltTalker
Jun 1, 2018
As for smarts I don't think Marino, Big Ben, Jim Kelly etc etc were ever considered top academics either. That's not a requirement to be a very successful QB at all. It doesn't hurt but it isn't necessarily going to r/o a player if he scores lower in the Wunderlic or any other intellectual indicator. Football smarts is not necessarily equated to academic smarts.
Actually, they were all smart. Just spent too much time chasing pussy, or in Ben’s case, raping.

• Haha

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
Dan Marino never seemed stupid to me. I know he fucked up and put the laces in on that one big kick, but he generally seemed lucid.

Lance19

BoltTalker
Oct 2, 2011
Wherever these Valkyries drop me...
Anthony Lynn Says Tie Rod Could be the Starting QB:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Shouldn’t be a surprise. Tyrod = cheap.
I saw that claim, but my gut reaction is that they're just talking up their guys, like "Hey, we're not really a dumpster fire at QB!" :cautious:

But I can't see them entering the new stadium era with a journeyman QB no one cares about.
Even Tyrod's mother was quoted as saying: "I love my boy...but no, I don't really have any interest in the San Diego Chargers." ;)

Though the Brady thing still seems crazy to me...I could see the LAC pretending there was a good chance, for a while,
to get attention in the run up to Kroenke-Land.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Anthony Lynn Says Tie Rod Could be the Starting QB:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
If he can beat out Brady for the starting role, well that would be a start.

How long do you think till the Chuggers will remind everyone that Tyrod, like the New
England guy, was drafted in the sixth round? Stupid yes, but also Chugger-Stupid.

Last edited:

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Probably just another brilliant Johnnie boy ploy to say....”We aren't drafting a QB.....and we ain't openly interested in Andy Dalton. But we will take calls. Please call. ”

Lancer 1

Betrayed Bolt Supporter
Jul 10, 2006
Tyre-fire LMAO. Good one. Well if they do it's to bide time for whomever they draft which isn't a TERRIBLE strategy it's just not exactly promising for next year. They would probably then work in the rookie ASAP if Tyre-fire melts down. At least that gives the rookie a feeling that he's not blowing it and can't do worse than the guy that failed. Tua and Herbert could end up productive early on,,,,you just never know. But as with most , other than guys like Mahomes and Wilson, there are rookie errors that end up costing the team, almost invariably. Kids coming out of college nowdays though seem to be more up to speed on the pro sets so the learning curve is not as steep as it once was. But nevertheless the NFL is playing at an increased speed and obviously an elite level at ALL positions rather than just a few on the defense the rook is facing.

Here's a strategy I bet no one has thought of. Trade Bosa and Henry and future picks or current picks to move up to get Burrow. Bosa is gonna be gone anyway and Henry likely too. Not sure Cincy would even consider that though. Burrow is a franchise maker and Cincy needs a QB more than anything and very badly....they cannot afford to screw up at QB anymore. But as we all know Cincy is not above doing really stupid schit.

I don't know why I suggest stuff to try to help out Telescope and JohnBoy. FUDEAN. Get a real GM like me , but make sure you sell first. LOL.
Hunter Henry is an unrestricted free agent, the Bolts could resign him or retain him via the franchise or transition tag but it’s doubtful they would do any of that, just to move him.

Despite his history of injuries, I predict that Henry would draw a lot of interest in free agency so if the Chargers want to keep him, they’d better already be negotiating with his agent, or be prepared to use one of their “tags”.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Hunter Henry is an unrestricted free agent, the Bolts could resign him or retain him via the franchise or transition tag but it’s doubtful they would do any of that, just to move him.

Despite his history of injuries, I predict that Henry would draw a lot of interest in free agency so if the Chargers want to keep him, they’d better already be negotiating with his agent, or be prepared to use one of their “tags”.
I think Henry has completed four years and is UFA, meaning he can sign with anyone, if he is franchise tagged for one year he will be in the above TE $10.3 million dollar range. Bosa in his 5th year option and drafted third, he will earn $14.5 million.
If Allen gets $11 million, and Ingram gets $15 million, Okung get $13 million, Hayward gets $10 million, even with the ' 'savings' of no Rivers of $19 million, it'll be tight---but with $48 million on FA money, they'll probably try and get Bosa on some super big contract that look like $25 million a year but is spread over 5 years. They have to go rookie cheap and journeyman cheap at QB.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017

I think Henry has completed four years and is UFA, meaning he can sign with anyone, if he is franchise tagged for one year he will be in the above TE $10.3 million dollar range. Bosa in his 5th year option and drafted third, he will earn $14.5 million.
If Allen gets $11 million, and Ingram gets $15 million, Okung get $13 million, Hayward gets $10 million, even with the ' 'savings' of no Rivers of $19 million, it'll be tight---but with $48 million on FA money, they'll probably try and get Bosa on some super big contract that look like $25 million a year but is spread over 5 years. They have to go rookie cheap and journeyman cheap at QB.
One of the pundits I read who lists all the top FA's and where they will land, had Hunter Henry going to NE. I think he's gone. Let's put it this way, if he and his agent are smart he's gone. If he gets tagged I guess he has to put up with spenis another year. I agree, Henry is injury prone and has underachieved with respect to expectations when he was drafted. Another prototypical John Spanos signing. (Telesco the yes man said "yes", just like he said "yes" to Lamar being a WR LOL) But you can bet the farm that if he stays healthy, under Josh McDaniels and Bellichek and with Brady, you will finally see the real Hunter Henry talent which was likely stunted by the spanii organization and coaching and team, as per usual. It's what the spanii do best, kill careers.