• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Reeves could lure Phillips

DenverPost.com

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_3319865

I would hate to lose Philips next year. The defense is coming together and I'd like to see how much better they do next year with Philips.

Houston: We all knew there would be many changes among the Texans after this disastrous season. We just didn't know it would happen during the season.

Taking a page from Detroit's plan, Texans owner Bob McNair made the surprising move of hiring Dan Reeves as a consultant on a temporary basis.

The decision to hire the former Broncos coach indicates Houston coach Dom Capers and general manager Charley Casserly are in trouble. There is speculation Reeves will stay in Houston, perhaps as coach. If not, he will stay with the team in a front-office role.

If Reeves doesn't take the coaching job but has some say in the hire, a candidate likely to get an interview is Wade Phillips. The former Broncos coach and defensive coordinator, now San Diego's defensive coordinator, has a strong relationship with Reeves and could emerge as a key candidate to coach the Texans.

I just don't get it. Phillips has an excellent defensive mind, but I sure hope someone doesn't waste a valuable 3 years seeing once again that he's not head coaching material. He just does not get the job done.

SDRay

FU Spanos and Dundon
Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
Yup, I agree. Philips has had chances at being a head coach and they never panned out. Just like Norv Turner, Kevin Gilbride, and Dave Wanstedt, those guys were all great assistant coaches, but horrible head coaches.

I don't think Wade is going anywhere.