• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

    afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

    Sign Up or

    Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Ravens weakness Exposed???

M

matilack

Guest
#1
I think the Browns may have exposed a huge weakness against the Raven,. and because they still won the game they may overlook it against a run first offense like ours.

But we definantly need to throw the ball more this week. I know how dangerous it is with Rivers. But thats what Billick will be counting on. Marty's history of over conservative play.

If Marty is smart he will let Rivers throw the ball 35+ times again. There offense is nothing to be afraid of, so a couple turnovers wouldnt be to devistating.
 

WonderSlug

Well-Known Member
#2
The Ravens offense sucks. They have scored only 4 offensive TD in 3 games, compared to San Diego's 7 TD in 2 games. Instead, Baltimore has scored 11 FG in 3 games, to the Chargers' 6 FG in two games.

That means when the Ravens get into the redzone, they have trouble punching it in, instead stalling and settling for FG.
 

ntman68

Well-Known Member
#3
While I agree that the Ravens have their problems on offense, I do think their game plan will be to stack the line of scrimmage and force Rivers to beat them down field. This is the first big test for him. I am confident he will do well, but a victory is far from assured.
 
#4
ntman68 said:
While I agree that the Ravens have their problems on offense, I do think their game plan will be to stack the line of scrimmage and force Rivers to beat them down field. This is the first big test for him. I am confident he will do well, but a victory is far from assured.
:tup: Well put!
 

boltssbbound

Well-Known Member
#5
While I don't think a victory is a guarantee, I do think the Ravens are overrated. They were beat up pretty good by the Brownies, and really should have lost that game.

I have not been impressed with McNair's play, and I don't think B'more will be able to put up more than 10 points against our defense.
 

WonderSlug

Well-Known Member
#6
boltssbbound said:
While I don't think a victory is a guarantee, I do think the Ravens are overrated. They were beat up pretty good by the Brownies, and really should have lost that game.

I have not been impressed with McNair's play, and I don't think B'more will be able to put up more than 10 points against our defense.
That's the second straight week the Ravens offense has had trouble getting into the endzone.

5 freaking field goals is all the scoring they could muster? Against the Browns?
 

exodus

Well-Known Member
#7
Rivers should be fine, as long as we can take care of Lewis. I don't know that I agree that Rivers needs to throw so much though. I can see the Chargers getting a quick lead and then grinding out the game. Our D should play great against their offense. I mean, winning is what's important, and if field position and defense can carry us in Bal, then it's cool with me.
 

RipTheJacker

Well-Known Member
#8
When a defense has Ed Reed (Best S in the NFL), Chris McAlister (top 3-4 CB) and Samari Rolle, its never a smart idea to throw alot against them
 

boltssbbound

Well-Known Member
#10
leisure said:
RIP did you see your boy Braylon Edwards BURN Samari Rolle like TOAST? :lol:
Yes, it was Samari buttered Rolle. :icon_rofl:

Seriously, the Ravens biggest weakness is the same one they have always had--their offense.

Last year, the Ravens were top 5 in defense and had the 24th ranked offense.

This year, they have a top 5 defense and the 23rd ranked offense.

Brian "the offensive genius" Billick has managed to make Steve McNair play like Kyle Boller.
 
#11
Protect Rivers and he'll be fine. The O-Line has played better than I thought they would. O'Neil is looking to be a steal for us. If the O-Line keeps up playing like they have been, we'll have a great game.
 

Thread_Killer

Well-Known Member
#12
ntman68 said:
While I agree that the Ravens have their problems on offense, I do think their game plan will be to stack the line of scrimmage and force Rivers to beat them down field. This is the first big test for him. I am confident he will do well, but a victory is far from assured.
What I'm most worried about is if the Ravens can stuff the run with their base defense. Then it will be tough to run OR pass, and we could be looking at a close, low-scoring game.
 
#13
Thread_Killer said:
What I'm most worried about is if the Ravens can stuff the run with their base defense. Then it will be tough to run OR pass, and we could be looking at a close, low-scoring game.
With LT, they'll need to put 8 in the box, unless the o-line falls apart. We have to many weapons to not be able to score on the Ravens.
 

AnteaterRaider

Carpe Diem et omni Mundio
Staff member
Super Moderator
Podcaster
#14
Thumper said:
With LT, they'll need to put 8 in the box, unless the o-line falls apart. We have to many weapons to not be able to score on the Ravens.
Don't underestimate Ed Reed and Chris McAllister
 
#15
PostAnteaterCharger said:
Don't underestimate Ed Reed and Chris McAllister
I'm not, but by the same token, don't underestimate LT. He gets some decent blocking, we move the ball on the ground. Look for them to make some stop early in the game while they're fresh, but a mix of grinding the ball and Rivers passing will get the job done. Keep their defense on the field and we'll see how much stamina they really have.

They may win a battle or two, but we'll win the war.
 
#16
I just have a gut feeling about this and I think that Manumaleuna will have a monster day this comming Sunday because of his blocks to spring LT or blocks to help out in the passing game including maybe catch a few passes as well.:yes: :tup:
 

WonderSlug

Well-Known Member
#17
Remember that horrid O Line we had in 2003? The one that was completely blown up and built from scratch in 2004?

Well, in 2003, when we last played them, LT rushed for 105 yards, one TD, on 23 carries. Behind that horrid Oline. That was the year where he pretty much had to do it all by himself in rushing, no thanks to the OL.

We now have a much better OL than that 2003 squad.

I'm not too concerned with our rushing game versus the Ravens.
 

Ride The Lightning

Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.
#18
Tell me, who have the Ravens played that make any of you believe they are better than us?

Tampa, Oakland, Cleveland. Combined record, 0-8.

Thank you. We will dominate them.
 
M

matilack

Guest
#19
Thumper said:
Protect Rivers and he'll be fine. The O-Line has played better than I thought they would. O'Neil is looking to be a steal for us. If the O-Line keeps up playing like they have been, we'll have a great game.
Easier said than done. But Marcus McNeil will get full props if he helps keep Rivers upright this week. If Rivers doesnt get sacked this week, all our Olinemen should be considered for the pro bowl. LOL
 

Trumpet_Man

Well-Known Member
#20
leisure said:
RIP did you see your boy Braylon Edwards BURN Samari Rolle like TOAST? :lol:
I saw that 58 yard play or whatever and no safety help over the top. The dude just ran a go route and hauled asss right past Rolle. The pass was fuggin nails...something Drew never does and Rivers needs to flash against these fucs.
 

Ride The Lightning

Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.
#21
Trumpet_Man said:
I saw that 58 yard play or whatever and no safety help over the top. The dude just ran a go route and hauled asss right past Rolle. The pass was fuggin nails...something Drew never does and Rivers needs to flash against these fucs.
If Rivers can go over the top and the line can protect him from the onslaught of blitzes they will no doubt be sending, we'll COAST to a W.

They won't score more than 10 points.
 
#22
For some odd reason I'm not worried about this game at ALL! I would be surprised if we didn't win by more than 13 pts. I think the Ravens are a good team but not in our class.
 

Ride The Lightning

Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.
#23
PhillyChargerFan said:
For some odd reason I'm not worried about this game at ALL! I would be surprised if we didn't win by more than 13 pts. I think the Ravens are a good team but not in our class.
I agree.

Like I posted earlier, they haven't played anyone half as good as us yet, so don't take that 3-0 record to seriously.

Hell, they needed a 52 yard last minute FG to beat Cleveland. CLEVELAND?!?!?

:lol:
 

Trumpet_Man

Well-Known Member
#27
Ride The Lightning said:
If Rivers can go over the top and the line can protect him from the onslaught of blitzes they will no doubt be sending, we'll COAST to a W.

They won't score more than 10 points.
It is time the signal get sent and then again the next week against the Steelers. The league will be licking the underside of our shlongs like a Big Stick popsicle. :bolt: :icon_banana:
 
#29
Trumpet_Man said:
It is time the signal get sent and then again the next week against the Steelers. The league will be licking the underside of our shlongs like a Big Stick popsicle. :bolt: :icon_banana:
I'm NOT impressed with the Steelers either, They don't have the swagger they had in years past. J.Bettis retiring??? Whatever it maybe I can see us winning the next 3 games Ravens, Steelers and 9ers.
 

Top