Raiders vs Team Spanos Chargers

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gill Man

Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Be glad to. .

......in the United States in the 18th and 19th centuries an offender was made to straddle a fence rail held on the shoulders of two or more bearers. The subject was then paraded around town or taken to the city limits and dumped by the roadside.....

Now there's a story that story Abraham Lincoln has him quoting a victim of being ridden out of town on a rail as having said, "If it weren't for the honor of the thing, I'd just as soon it happened to someone else."

But in the olden days, high quality rails were only imported from England and only the fancy dancy mobs in Boston and New York could afford them. If you were from Texas and had a cheap mob after you, you'd be lucky to get a frozen Manzanita bush to ride on. And one more time.....it wasn't to the edge of town. It was whatever them cxcksuckers wanted to dump you.
Hefty dudes made it the horse corral...if they were lucky.

Did I ever rail against this act? Yes, I did. Just not in public.
That being said, what sort of rail do you think our buddy deano would be riding on? Frozen manzanita sounds too good for the guy.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Razor barb wire covered frozen manzanita drilled with nails sticking out?
I could see...because it's LA....a super glued surf board with seaweed and man O’War jellyfish.....carried out by two large Rams.
And a volleyball just for the hell of it.

• Haha
Reactions: Gill Man

cocasts

BoltTalker
Jun 1, 2018
I think the ghost of Norv returned. What was up with the playcalling on their last drive? Deep throws over and over when they could have just dinked and dunked into FG range with 3 timeouts.
That was classic Spaz execution. A real coach killer.

It was also a pivotal game. Season is over for Spanos.

RamAirVA

Curse and Damn You Spanos!
Nov 12, 2007
Depends on the Week
They are done...8-8 will be a tall task with two left against the Chiefs and one against the Vikings.

Frankly, thinking more like 6-10 is about where they will end up.

Gill Man

Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
They are done...8-8 will be a tall task with two left against the Chiefs and one against the Vikings.

Frankly, thinking more like 6-10 is about where they will end up.
They might find it tough against the Raiders at the Dignified Stub which will be full of Raider fans from LA. LA loves that team.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Nice for that town to be able to win over their hated rival in their last home game at that stadium against them. Big night for Oakland fans. Good for them. Never ever woulda said that before the weenie ruined everything for everyone.
All the Gates, Fouts, LT, Seau, Mix, Jefferson plays....tossed out? No. Even the weenie can't spit that far.
It's his team to ruin but he can't take the players away or their feats away.
Plus, Oakland is also getting dumped. Two warring cities, no longer exist.

SDRay

#GoIrish #Aztecs #SDGulls #Raiders #THFC #RipCity
Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
Jun 20, 2005
Chula Vista, CA
www.afsportsforum.com
Nice for that town to be able to win over their hated rival in their last home game at that stadium against them. Big night for Oakland fans. Good for them. Never ever woulda said that before the weenie ruined everything for everyone.
At least the Raiders stayed in Oak and are really trying to win for the city and fans. Unlike how Spanos tanked the last few years and chose to move immediately to a non-NFL stadium in a city that doesn't want them.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
From highlights clip....why did they put Rivers behind the center so much?
He obviously is far more comfortable in the shotgun position.
Raiders DBs had excellent coverage. Even with completions, the Charger receivers had nowhere to go.
Gordon will get his payday.

Reactions: Faded Blues

Lance19

BoltTalker
Oct 2, 2011
Wherever these Valkyries drop me...
I saw more of the game than I expected to (listening to Amazon Prime, editing bear pics, switching to video if something big happened)
still editing bear pics...and wondered if I was watching the decline of Rivers' skills:
Yes, his receiver did slip on one of the INTs, but there are 3 INTs in the box score. And two additional times (undone by penalty)
his passes landed in the arms of an unimpressive secondary...for a total of 5! Yes, there's some excuse...but overall, just not sharp...
132 cub face.jpg

ThunderHorse17

Lone Wolf
Apr 10, 2010
Missouri
Once again I fell asleep around 3rd quarter I'd guess by my last comment on here.

5 total potential picks? Yikes!

Fantasy wise I did get lucky and dope outscored hunter by 3.3 points. I started the match 2.5 under so now I got a 1pt lead.

The game went like I figured the Raiders would be more inspired to gut out a way however possible to win.