Raiders vs Team Spanos Chargers

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gill Man

Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Listening to Troy Aikman talk about how great this game was makes me sad at all the concussions he’s suffered.
he must be out of his mind for sure.....great game????? YGBSM. Both teams sucked. Maybe close game but that's it.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Who do the Chefs play this week? They can go up 3 games on the chuggers if they win.

Fouts

Go Rams!
Aug 17, 2007
La Jolla, CA
Check out thre last couple of pages on powderchokers, love the in fighting, and also Rivers apologists. Rose colored glasses I smashed into pieces, when Spanos idiots decided to move,

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
From what I’ve read...Rivers had a rough night. Folks here and on other 'Chugger' sites probably want him gone.
This is why he should of held out for an extension and bigger bucks. Could have had some buyout option if desired.
But you never trust a Spanni. Never. Get your cash now. They'll toss you away whenever they want.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
I never saw one play. Maybe my bitterness is pickled.
Either did I LMAO!! All I will do is watch Yahoo play by play...that's it. No watching stupid spanos in LA or OC, nupe not me , not on TV. Ain't gonna happen.

Lance19

BoltTalker
Oct 2, 2011
Wherever these Valkyries drop me...
I don't think either team knows how to win, so I kind of expect another comical ending,
like the Titans game, where both teams seem to be trying to get the "L."
About 12 hours ago, I wrote:
"I don't think either team knows how to win, so I kind of expect another comical ending,
like the Titans game, where both teams seem to be trying to get the 'L.'"

That still feels pretty right: Missing a PAT at that juncture
--to create a situation that you could still lose by just a field goal--
really looked like Oak might win the "give the game away" sweepstakes.
They would have, but the LAC are even worse. Oak = mediocre. LAC = bad
(decent roster...just "bad at football.")

I can't tell you how much better a game like this feels as a "meh" outsider. Now it's more funny than painful...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Gill Man

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Well looks like the move to get rid of Whisenhunt really paid off handsomely LOL. What an effing disaster. The Packers lost to that with a home crowd at Dignity??????? Pack suck worse than I thought. They better get their act together or Rodgers and Lefleur will be not for long.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
About 12 hours ago, I wrote:
"I don't think either team knows how to win, so I kind of expect another comical ending,
like the Titans game, where both teams seem to be trying to get the 'L.'"

That still feels pretty right: Missing a PAT at that juncture
--to create a situation that you could still lose by just a field goal--
really looked like Oak might win the "give the game away" sweepstakes.
They would have, but the LAC are even worse. Oak = mediocre. LAC = bad
(decent roster...just bad at "football.")

I cant tell you how much better a game like this feels as a "meh" outsider. Now it's more funny than painful...
very prophetic indeed. I was figuring that missed PAT at the end was staged to cover the spread as the chuggers were favored by 1 point. I guess Rivers and Co. are gonna wake up with cement shoes somewhere in the Pacific. lolololol.

Lance19

BoltTalker
Oct 2, 2011
Wherever these Valkyries drop me...
What a week for the Deanos:

- News comes out that they might be moving to London
- Dean makes an ass out of himself while trying to deny the rumors
- Everyone instantly remembers all his lies about not planning to move the team to LA
- The Deanos lose to the Raiders in embarrassing fashion, including what has to be one of the most pitiful last drives of a game in NFL history
Don't forget about dean-o's new herpes not-so-simplex!

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
From what I’ve read...Rivers had a rough night. Folks here and on other 'Chugger' sites probably want him gone.
This is why he should of held out for an extension and bigger bucks. Could have had some buyout option if desired.
But you never trust a Spanni. Never. Get your cash now. They'll toss you away whenever they want.
I saw about a half. Rivers had zero offensive line support. The line was run blocking well though.

On the other side, Carr was getting brutalized as much as Rivers was.

There were a lot of flags and questionable spots that bored me. I ended up watching the Suns lose. Bummer sports night.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Perfect time for Kroenke to leak another story about a chugger move to some foreign domicile :laugh: FUDEAN.

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
I heard the Spanoses were moving to a place outside Moscow. They are going to share a stadium with some ice dancers and a Zamboni. Read the transcripts.

• Haha

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
I watched the Kings-Senators game. LA scored in last seven seconds, loss in overtime.
Have no scorers but they did hustle. And the fans say....

We got a point!

And Chargers lose...

Chargers suck!

LA loves 'em.

Reactions: Fouts

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
It was streaming on Amazon Prime...so I had it on in the background as I edited bear pics...like most people... :pView attachment 6910
That is awesome!!!!! Beats the hell out of watching the boring NFL that's for sure. Great photo man....those need to be in a gallery somewhere.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Could anyone four or five years ago imagined they'd be cheering the Raiders to beat up on the chuggers?????? Seriously. This is the wrath spenis has wrought upon himself and his team from San Diego. He really does need to get the hell out of La Jolla if he still has a home there. Eff that guy....get the fuck out.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
Could anyone four or five years ago imagined they'd be cheering the Raiders to beat up on the chuggers?????? Seriously. This is the wrath spenis has wrought upon himself and his team from San Diego. He really does need to get the hell out of La Jolla if he still has a home there. Eff that guy....get the fuck out.
I nominate @Harryo the K to explain the term “rode out on a rail” since I’m sure he was there the first time it was uttered.

TTK

EX-Charger Fan
Jul 30, 2007
Well looks like the move to get rid of Whisenhunt really paid off handsomely LOL. What an effing disaster. The Packers lost to that with a home crowd at Dignity??????? Pack suck worse than I thought. They better get their act together or Rodgers and Lefleur will be not for long.
I think the ghost of Norv returned. What was up with the playcalling on their last drive? Deep throws over and over when they could have just dinked and dunked into FG range with 3 timeouts.

SDRay

#GoIrish #Aztecs #SDGulls #Raiders #THFC #RipCity
Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
Jun 20, 2005
Chula Vista, CA
www.afsportsforum.com
HEY WAIT.........CONGRATULTIONS TO RAIDER RAY!!!!!!!!!! OUTSTANDING WIN BRO!!!!!!:tup:
I havent been this happy and proud of a NFL team win in years! The rooks came up big...all contributing. Best of all they beat the hated LAC and potentially ended their season! Derek Carr with a second straight 4th quarter win. Josh Jacobs is a stud!

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
I havent been this happy and proud of a NFL team win in years! The rooks came up big...all contributing. Best of all they beat the hated LAC and potentially ended their season! Derek Carr with a second straight 4th quarter win. Josh Jacobs is a stud!
Good on your team (and our team btw as we all know). You SHOULD be proud of that win, they hung tough against odds as they were outgained by a large margin on the ground. But that last run of 18 yards by Jacobs was the one they needed when all was on the line. Never thought they could win if they didn't establish a strong run game thoughout the night, but they found a way....and in addition the chuggers as usual found a way to give it away. lol.

Reactions: Quetzalcoatl

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
I think the ghost of Norv returned. What was up with the playcalling on their last drive? Deep throws over and over when they could have just dinked and dunked into FG range with 3 timeouts.
yeah that IS norval ish. The question is did Rivers go rogue and audible into that stuff? I'm thinking that could be. The post by Fouts from the Powderblue site forum meltdown comments had one where they mentioned Rivers always caves if a team can get him rattled with sacks early. That seems to be the case tonite. He can get to excited and nervous when that happens and we all know from history here in SD how those games end up badly for the (then) hometeam. We might be seeing Rivers' window closing now. IF they miss the playoffs hard to imagine them resigning him....although truthfully their O line is in tatters. Can't believe the Packers got rolled a week ago by that team. Ticks me off.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
I watched the Kings-Senators game. LA scored in last seven seconds, loss in overtime.
Have no scorers but they did hustle. And the fans say....

We got a point!

And Chargers lose...

Chargers suck!

LA loves 'em.
You can bet most Angelinos are celebrating tonite because most of em are Raider fans.

Reactions: Quetzalcoatl

TTK

EX-Charger Fan
Jul 30, 2007
yeah that IS norval ish. The question is did Rivers go rogue and audible into that stuff? I'm thinking that could be. The post by Fouts from the Powderblue site forum meltdown comments had one where they mentioned Rivers always caves if a team can get him rattled with sacks early. That seems to be the case tonite. He can get to excited and nervous when that happens and we all know from history here in SD how those games end up badly for the (then) hometeam. We might be seeing Rivers' window closing now. IF they miss the playoffs hard to imagine them resigning him....although truthfully their O line is in tatters. Can't believe the Packers got rolled a week ago by that team. Ticks me off.
I think it's pretty clear now that the Packers came out to SoCal thinking it was a vacation. A 7-1 team facing a crap team and knowing it will be a home game. They thought they could just mail it in and win.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
I nominate @Harryo the K to explain the term “rode out on a rail” since I’m sure he was there the first time it was uttered.
Be glad to. .

......in the United States in the 18th and 19th centuries an offender was made to straddle a fence rail held on the shoulders of two or more bearers. The subject was then paraded around town or taken to the city limits and dumped by the roadside.....

Now there's a story that story Abraham Lincoln has him quoting a victim of being ridden out of town on a rail as having said, "If it weren't for the honor of the thing, I'd just as soon it happened to someone else."

But in the olden days, high quality rails were only imported from England and only the fancy dancy mobs in Boston and New York could afford them. If you were from Texas and had a cheap mob after you, you'd be lucky to get a frozen Manzanita bush to ride on. And one more time.....it wasn't to the edge of town. It was whatever them cxcksuckers wanted to dump you.
Hefty dudes made it the horse corral...if they were lucky.

Did I ever rail against this act? Yes, I did. Just not in public.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
I think it's pretty clear now that the Packers came out to SoCal thinking it was a vacation. A 7-1 team facing a crap team and knowing it will be a home game. They thought they could just mail it in and win.
yup. Aaron Rodgers pretty much admitted that. Dumb of them because they will regret it when playoff seeds are handed out at the end of the year.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
Be glad to. .

......in the United States in the 18th and 19th centuries an offender was made to straddle a fence rail held on the shoulders of two or more bearers. The subject was then paraded around town or taken to the city limits and dumped by the roadside.....

Now there's a story that story Abraham Lincoln has him quoting a victim of being ridden out of town on a rail as having said, "If it weren't for the honor of the thing, I'd just as soon it happened to someone else."

But in the olden days, high quality rails were only imported from England and only the fancy dancy mobs in Boston and New York could afford them. If you were from Texas and had a cheap mob after you, you'd be lucky to get a frozen Manzanita bush to ride on. And one more time.....it wasn't to the edge of town. It was whatever them cxcksuckers wanted to dump you.
Hefty dudes made it the horse corral...if they were lucky.

Did I ever rail against this act? Yes, I did. Just not in public.
Thank you Harry, our resident expert historian!