Raiders thread

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gill Man

Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Ray

I am pulling for the raiders but they look like a shitshow.
Same here, would love it if the raiders returned to be Charger killers but until they actually do a 180 from the last two year embarrassment color me skeptical. That division needs more competition from tne raiders and broncos.to keep the a hole Spanii out of a playoff seed.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Dude is trouble with a Capital T. He’ll be out of the league in 2-3 years.
he's a drama queen.....incredible athlete with a damaged brain. What a waste. Once again the Raiders acquire a player with baggage and history of trouble. Stupid. They now reap the rewards of their stupidity. Too bad because am pulling for them. Gruden and Mayock are gonna run it into the ditch at this rate.

Reactions: SDRay

SDRay

#GoIrish #Aztecs #SDGulls #Raiders #THFC #RipCity
Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
Jun 20, 2005
Chula Vista, CA
www.afsportsforum.com
All was fine and both AB and the team seemed past the feet and helmet issues. I honestly think part of it was AB not wanting to be at TC like other vets. But still, he was now at practice and getting ready for Monday night. Mayock and Gruden both said during TC that they supported him and his grievance over the helmet stuff. They could have just dismissed the fines and moved forward now the relationship looks to be over.

Scott Bair explains Antonio Brown controversy on 2019 NFL Kickoff Show

Maybe "AB" stands for "always beefing" after another controversial story involving the All-Pro wide receiver was reported Thursday.

"Yesterday, Wednesday afternoon, Antonio Brown and general manager Mike Mayock got into a verbal altercation that definitely got tense," NBC Sports California Raiders Insider Scott Bair said on the NBC Sports 2019 NFL Kickoff Show Thursday morning. "It did not formally get physical, but they had to be separated."

AB went to Instagram on Wednesday to express his displeasure with a pair of fines handed down by the Raiders regarding unexcused absences from team activities during training camp. The Raiders now plan to hand down a one-game suspension to Brown, although that has not been formally announced.

“It always goes back to that talent/tolerance scale,” Bair said. “The better you are, the more tolerant teams have to be. And Antonio Brown is a Hall of Fame talent, so he gets a very long rope.”

“He [Mayock] will not tolerate some of the things that AB has done here, especially posting that fine letter on social media, is the straw that broke the camel’s back.”

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
One Raider fan to another Raider fan about the 2019 season, “Well.....that was nice.”

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
It's about time. The dude needs to humble himself and reshape his image. Hey, maybe he should hire Fabiani the Fixer!!!! LOLOLOL.
Yeah....”Get me a stadium....”

“I got you a cot. And a nice sweet rent, boss.”

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
AB released. He's a free agent.

Pitt must be smiling today.
that guy is all about himself and has zero interest in being a team player, not even sure he wants to play football anymore. What team would sign that guy? I doubt even the patriots would want him around to eff things up. He's that bad. His career may be over. Sad because he was such a great WR. Dude cannot cope with being around other teammates and cannot deal with front office people or coaches. He should stick to things like DWTS or that other stupid show where he was singing and wearing a costume and mask and they had to guess who it was. That fits him better lolololol. What a joke. Dumbass. He needs to see a shrink and go on meds. Not even sure that would work...he'd probably get into a fight with his shrink lolololol.

Last edited:

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
There may not be an “I” in Team....but you can sure find “Me”!

Raiders might be actually tougher now. Guy really has some issues.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
The Raiders clearly didn’t want him anymore and were throwing poison pills into their fines to get him to leave. Good for them, though they threw away two picks to Pittsburgh and got nothing in return.

yeah Mayock basically pushed the guy out the door, probably had enough of his backtalk and antics. Can't have a cancer like that around the team that wants special treatment ....the other players end up resenting it. He can get some perks but not the ability to trash his GM like he was doing. Boy, Mayock and Gruden have done some really really stupid trades and drafting. They shoot themselves in the foot constantly with this kind of stuff. Did it last year prior to Mayock arriving. Gruden has to take the blame bigtime. He's turning into a great big ZERO.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
yeah Mayock basically pushed the guy out the door, probably had enough of his backtalk and antics. Can't have a cancer like that around the team that wants special treatment ....the other players end up resenting it. He can get some perks but not the ability to trash his GM like he was doing. Boy, Mayock and Gruden have done some really really stupid trades and drafting. They shoot themselves in the foot constantly with this kind of stuff. Did it last year prior to Mayock arriving. Gruden has to take the blame bigtime. He's turning into a great big ZERO.
Tyree Williams signing looks brilliant.

FiftyFive

Dean Spanos is a traitor!
Nov 14, 2017
:laugh: It must suck to be one of those idiots who still roots for the Deanos and cares about this joke of a league. Looks like it will be another year of no rings in Carson.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
:laugh: It must suck to be one of those idiots who still roots for the Deanos and cares about this joke of a league. Looks like it will be another year of no rings in Carson.
$15 million? That's damn near Rivers money.

Ps. Patriots third teamers could beat the Chargers. Brady in street clothes.

Last edited:

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
SDRay......I know it's been tough........just take a deep breath....recite the periodic tablet of elements out loud....and take a nap.

It will get better.

1657E120-B034-49FD-9344-D434382A869E.png