Raiders thread

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
The raiders are a in a better position than the chargers to be successful next year.

would love to see rivers go to Denver and kick ass.

Gill Man

Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Denver is high on Lock. I think the Raiders would be a better destination. They have a young O-line, a blue chip RB, and Gruden loves him.
Agree, Raiders are a more likely destination, but unless they get him a lockdown O line and some great WR's and can add a strong D to help him out he will fail. He's teetering on being viable anymore. But yeah, Gruden used to love PR......the question is whether he thinks there's enough left in the tank. This year really damaged PR's marketability....someone is gonna have to take a risk that it was more on the O line and WR's than PR and that he's still got the old PR left for a year or 2. Either way he lost his chance for a decent contract extension by not holding out/demanding a trade at the start of the 2019 season.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
It's only a little more than a 5 hour drive by private limousine SUV from Rancho Santa Fe, and Phil would get two chances a year to stick it to the Spanos clan...
Exactly. He already has the vehicle. Chucky has a shitload of draft choices, Mayock has shown potential in picking the right guys, a perfect storm could be brewing.

Reactions: Gill Man

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
The raiders are a in a better position than the chargers to be successful next year.

would love to see rivers go to Denver and kick ass.
Yes, third place is better than last.

PR will have a lot of choices if he's willing to backup/compete for the starting position....Titans, Jags, Redskins, Chicago, Indy..
Actually Indy might be his best choice if he wants a chance to start and he's willing to get use to having a great Oline and winning games.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
10 hour commute? When will Tiffany get time to procreate?
He’s made it clear he wants to play again. Vegas is the best choice logistically speaking. I don’t think he commutes every day but he could work out a schedule. If he ends up in Chicago it would be worse.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
If PR doesn't retire as I think he will (he'll have time to ponder it all and maybe decide he's had enough and why risk things now and have to start in a whole new system) yeah I think Vegas makes the most sense if he wants to keep his family in SD. However he's from the SE and maybe he heads to TN or somewhere down there next to finish out and move his family back home. Who knows? He's done with the bolts though. Very hard to imagine them signing him for anything other than a tutor to whoever they draft and even that isn't viable 'cause Rivers is stuck as a pocket passer...they will go to a more mobile QB with versatility, PR can't teach any of that. Whole new system and new OC will be there.

BTW for all those SD fans on here or not on here who have claimed all along they are only supporting the LA chuggers still because of guys like Gates and Rivers....the jig is up, clock struck midnight......time to move on and find a real team to root or just be apathetic about the NFL. Your guys are gone. Hunter Henry will be gone to the Pats most likely. Give it up....come over to the hater side where life is easier and laid back lolz.

Reactions: Faded Blues

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
BTW for all those SD fans on here or not on here who have claimed all along they are only supporting the LA chuggers still because of guys like Gates and Rivers....the jig is up, clock struck midnight......time to move on and find a real team to root or just be apathetic about the NFL. Your guys are gone. Hunter Henry will be gone to the Pats most likely. Give it up....come over to the hater side where life is easier and laid back lolz.
Wait! There’s still Melvin Ingram! I’m a big fan of his, he’s got ties to San Diego! Go Chuggers!

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
If PR doesn't retire as I think he will (he'll have time to ponder it all and maybe decide he's had enough and why risk things now and have to start in a whole new system) yeah I think Vegas makes the most sense if he wants to keep his family in SD. However he's from the SE and maybe he heads to TN or somewhere down there next to finish out and move his family back home. Who knows? He's done with the bolts though. Very hard to imagine them signing him for anything other than a tutor to whoever they draft and even that isn't viable 'cause Rivers is stuck as a pocket passer...they will go to a more mobile QB with versatility, PR can't teach any of that. Whole new system and new OC will be there.

The thing about the Rivers moving back home speculation is all of his kids have ties to San Diego. A lot of them are playing club and school sports that Rivers coaches. I don’t think he’s moving anywhere, he’ll play 1-2 more years tops and retire. He may move “back home” once his kids are gone but that’s gonna be a long time from now.

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018

he could actually charter a private jet out of Carlsbad between Vegas and here.

be easier than driving to Orange County and back.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
he could actually charter a private jet out of Carlsbad between Vegas and here.

be easier than driving to Orange County and back.
good thinking....perfect solution for him, probably less commute time than what he's doing to chuggerville and back every day. Raiders should have arranged for their training camp to be in SD IMO....would have drawn fans away from spanos and kroenke. They could use the old chugger facility. Spruce it up. Hell I'd become a Raider backer if they did that. Go watch some practices. Too bad Mark Davis is such a cheapass owner too. If he'd been a man of means he could have afforded to build his own crib in MV and karma might have happened where the SD Raiders beat the schit out of stupid dean every year. Oh how sweet that could have been. There are too many owners like spanos and Davis who can't afford anything so they leech off not just cities but the other NFL owners in the revenue share. Stupid that the NFL owners don't force guys like that out of the league....not sure they can do anything legally once they let them in however. They are stuck with the deadbeats forever.

Pointyearedog

I only put idiots on ignore...
Aug 19, 2008
Golden Hill
The thing about the Rivers moving back home speculation is all of his kids have ties to San Diego. A lot of them are playing club and school sports that Rivers coaches. I don’t think he’s moving anywhere, he’ll play 1-2 more years tops and retire. He may move “back home” once his kids are gone but that’s gonna be a long time from now.
If he can't think of quitting till his kids stop playing sports and graduate, Rivers is easily in the league and playing for at least 17 more years...

• Haha

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
If he can't think of quitting till his kids stop playing sports and graduate, Rivers is easily in the league and playing for at least 17 more years...
No, I don’t think he would relocate his primary residence out of SD until they grow up. Big difference.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
No, I don’t think he would relocate his primary residence out of SD until they grow up. Big difference.
glad you clarified (actually I knew what you meant because you stated that lolz) because he'd end up being 56 and still QB'ing otherwise lolz. Spanos just might fall for it in the interest of 'continuuity'. lmao. Hell bring back Cottrell while they're at it......that whole deal was supposedly predicated on 'continuuity'. bunch of BS. norb was 'continuuity' after the OC under Marty (who was that guy again? damn I"m losing it, but it's righton the top of my tongue). The only 'continuuity' the bolts had under aj smith/johnboy/and deanis was a mediocre losing team with a culture of dicking around during time off in places like Stingaree and Vegas, and losing focus and choking in the playoffs. Those were the hallmarks of a norb team.

wrbanwal

Dec 27, 2005
Isn’t Carr making a billion dollars for Oakland? Wouldn’t it cost them a shit pot load of money to get rid of him?

I’d love to see Phil in Vegas but I just don’t see how.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Gilly.....
[/QUOTE]

9DDF13A7-12B9-4B51-9C44-80671E90AC11.jpeg

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
yeah, they held out for 3 years waiting for PR/Gates to be gone, now it's all over......anyone living in SD and still supporting that team is a lover of Dean Spanos. :eek: Now the excuse will probably be something like "I love the uniforms", "I'm struck by the ligtning bolt", "I will keep cheering until 'the dope' is gone", blah blah blah.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
Isn’t Carr making a billion dollars for Oakland? Wouldn’t it cost them a shit pot load of money to get rid of him?

I’d love to see Phil in Vegas but I just don’t see how.
Cost them $5M against the cap in 2020 and $2.5M against the cap in 2021. Not only is it doable, that makes him very tradeable as well - anyone needing a vet QB (Indy, Chicago, Washington, Carolina) could take a very calculated risk.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
yeah, they held out for 3 years waiting for PR/Gates to be gone, now it's all over......anyone living in SD and still supporting that team is a lover of Dean Spanos. :eek: Now the excuse will probably be something like "I love the uniforms", "I'm struck by the ligtning bolt", "I will keep cheering until 'the dope' is gone", blah blah blah.
Five reasons to remain a Charger fan:

1. I like losing.
2. I figure after 60 years of no Lombardi....the odds say we should win. Or at least, beat the Bradyless Patriots.
(Okay, it was in OT and yes, the Ref did give us five...not six as reported....downs.)
3. Spanos' promised me they would field a SB team. I didn't know SB was for Sucking Balls.
4. AJ Spanos went to USC so he should know how much to pay football players.
5. Four Raider told me they'd see me next year. I started to talk and then...I couldn't talk and I was
reminded to be in my same seat next year. So, I guess I'm a Charger fan because you get to
meet different people.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
I saw Phil Lesh in Vegas, and I still don't remember how.
I’ve never been able to sit through a Dead concert on video, or even a full song. Is a Phil Lesh concert a 6-hour bass solo?

I do have a few studio recordings on my phone, just never saw the big deal in concert.

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
I’ve never been able to sit through a Dead concert on video, or even a full song. Is a Phil Lesh concert a 6-hour bass solo?

I do have a few studio recordings on my phone, just never saw the big deal in concert.
Phil and Friends is Lesh filling than a Dead show was. I loved/love the Dead more for Pavlov's Dogs reasons than for the actual quality of the music. When I hear the Dead, the minds in my head and groin immediately transport to Midwestern mushroom trips in tents with naked chicks and bongo players. (Spell check wanted this to be about tennis with naked chunks and Bingo players.)

Anyway, Lesh shows are to Dead shows what Ringo's All Star Band is to the Beatles. It isn't near as good, but it is fun to sing along with all my Deadhead friends and dream about the good ol' days. You probably wouldn't be into it.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
Phil and Friends is Lesh filling than a Dead show was. I loved/love the Dead more for Pavlov's Dogs reasons than for the actual quality of the music. When I hear the Dead, the minds in my head and groin immediately transport to Midwestern mushroom trips in tents with naked chicks and bongo players. (Spell check wanted this to be about tennis with naked chunks and Bingo players.)

Anyway, Lesh shows are to Dead shows what Ringo's All Star Band is to the Beatles. It isn't near as good, but it is fun to sing along with all my Deadhead friends and dream about the good ol' days. You probably wouldn't be into it.
Nope, more into hard rock like The Who, The Stones, Led Zep, Aerosmith, Rush, never could get into their music or long ass jams.