Raiders thread

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Raiders and Broncos look like they if can improve a little, they might be able split their series with Chuggers. But injuries to players like Abrams could allow the Chuggers to win both games. Of course, if the Chuggers have any, any Rivers down time, the whole projection is off.

The best QB in the West gets paid the least. After Mahomes, you have Carr at $25 million per year and
Flacco at $22 million. And for some crazy reason, Rivers pulls in at $20 million ( or pure salary at $16 million).
#17 in salary QB for the League.

Lance19

BoltTalker
Oct 2, 2011
Wherever these Valkyries drop me...
Broncos looked a lot worse than I expected. Flat. No spark.
Seems like they didn't trust Flacco to throw more than 8 yards 90% of the time.

Raiders looked better than I expected, but some of that could've been that they came out amped...
whereas Denver looked uninterested by comparison.

I still can't be a Raider fan after viewing them as the Anti-Christ for over 4 decades...
but they showed me something...and Carr can be very good (don't know if he will be).
Should be interesting to see how they play when they aren't on dirt! :p

I can root for Tyrell Williams again, at least individually. He can be spectacular.
If he and Carr get in sync, they could have lots of 75 yard TDs...

Gill Man

Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Terrible news about Abrams. As for AB.....yet another skeleton in the closet. And this news right after the Pats trade away Thomas to the Jets for a 6th rounder. Bellichek is probably gonna regret this move. That will be a distraction all season long now.

Reactions: SDRay

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
Terrible news about Abrams. As for AB.....yet another skeleton in the closet. And this news right after the Pats trade away Thomas to the Jets for a 6th rounder. Bellichek is probably gonna regret this move. That will be a distraction all season long now.
If he stays on the team, his status as a NFL football player is tenuous at best right now.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
If I have learned one time from my noir detective novels, it's dames are trouble.

(Dick Powell)
Tough Talk- "Okay Marlowe," I said to myself, ‘You’re a tough guy. You’ve been sapped twice, choked, beaten silly with a gun, shot in the arm until you’re crazy as a couple of waltzing mice. Now let’s see you do something really tough—like putting your pants on."

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
If he stays on the team, his status as a NFL football player is tenuous at best right now.
Well, apparently the NFL is meeting with the accuser. That might determine some things about how they proceed. The big question I think is was there any report filed with the legal authorities in any juridsidiction when the alleged crime occured? That has not been answered yet to my knowledge. If there never was a report filed or investigation conducted at that time then I see no way AB gets charged with anything.....how can he? It's then his word against hers and he claims, as his attorney already has, that it was consensual and she's out for a money grab. Not unheard of. So did she or didn't she file a complaint with the authorities back when the alleged incident occured?

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
Well, apparently the NFL is meeting with the accuser. That might determine some things about how they proceed. The big question I think is was there any report filed with the legal authorities in any juridsidiction when the alleged crime occured? That has not been answered yet to my knowledge. If there never was a report filed or investigation conducted at that time then I see no way AB gets charged with anything.....how can he? It's then his word against hers and he claims, as his attorney already has, that it was consensual and she's out for a money grab. Not unheard of. So did she or didn't she file a complaint with the authorities back when the alleged incident occured?
It’s a civil case, not a criminal case.

Different set of standards.

Plus, the nfl can suspend brown based on their own investigation and not wait for the court case.

Remember Hill and Hunt from last year?

To me from a PR stand point Brown is a bad look for the shield.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
It’s a civil case, not a criminal case.

Different set of standards.

Plus, the nfl can suspend brown based on their own investigation and not wait for the court case.

Remember Hill and Hunt from last year?

To me from a PR stand point Brown is a bad look for the shield.
you got me on that one.....I thought rape came under a criminal case? Ah well, I read something somewhere re: the importance of whether or not anything was filed after the alledged rape. Maybe they were mistaken on it too. Either way, no matter how it's resolved, it winds up being a major distraction for the pats. Bellichek must be greatly regretting trading away Thomas to the Jets now right before this news broke. AB is simply trouble, no 2 ways about it. It's always something with that drama queen.

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
you got me on that one.....I thought rape came under a criminal case? Ah well, I read something somewhere re: the importance of whether or not anything was filed after the alledged rape. Maybe they were mistaken on it too. Either way, no matter how it's resolved, it winds up being a major distraction for the pats. Bellichek must be greatly regretting trading away Thomas to the Jets now right before this news broke. AB is simply trouble, no 2 ways about it. It's always something with that drama queen.
No your right.

The accuser in this case never reported any of the alleged incidents to the authorities. All she did was file a civil suit against Brown seeking damages for alleged actions brown took against her. Would her case be strengthened if she reported the incident to the authorities-absolutely.

I was just trying mention that civil cases only require a preponderance of evidence and not beyond a reasonable doubt the a criminal case requires.

Reactions: Gill Man

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
No your right.

The accuser in this case never reported any of the alleged incidents to the authorities. All she did was file a civil suit against Brown seeking damages for alleged actions brown took against her. Would her case be strengthened if she reported the incident to the authorities-absolutely.

I was just trying mention that civil cases only require a preponderance of evidence and not beyond a reasonable doubt the a criminal case requires.
gotcha, thanks! I'm thinking she's got an uphill battle to prove it. Not saying she's wrong and AB is innocent, only they know. So all the evidence will probably be reviewed by the NFL attorneys and they'll hear her attorney's case and then Brown's attorney's case and have to make a decision. They must be careful in suspending Brown if he ends up winning the case or is exonerated....he can turn right around and sue the NFL. NFLPA is likely also involved. Popcorn hot. What a mess.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
gotcha, thanks! I'm thinking she's got an uphill battle to prove it. Not saying she's wrong and AB is innocent, only they know. So all the evidence will probably be reviewed by the NFL attorneys and they'll hear her attorney's case and then Brown's attorney's case and have to make a decision. They must be careful in suspending Brown if he ends up winning the case or is exonerated....he can turn right around and sue the NFL. NFLPA is likely also involved. Popcorn hot. What a mess.

Looks like Antonio should of put a helmet on it.

• Haha
Reactions: Gill Man

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Looks like Antonio should of put a helmet on it.
No wonder he prefers the old less protective helmets. NFL says 'no suspension needed, as punishment Antonio will be required to play the season wearing a condom on his head instead of a helmet".

Last edited:
Reactions: SDRay

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
NFL not going to put AB on the exempt list for now pending further investigation:

I doubt this amounts to anything when it's all said and done unless there was a report made by the accuser at the time of the incident. According to this article there is currently no criminal investigation and apparently there never was. Neither Oakland or Patriots were aware of any accusation prior to the release and signings. Also, both sides to meet with the NFL to tell their side of the story. I think this is a he said/she said deal. Not at all out of the realm of possibility this is a pure money grab....it's happened too many times. Not to say the lady isn't telling the truth but how the hell is anyone going to know if she never filed a complaint at the time of the alleged incident? AB is practicing and teamates impressed and he'll possibly play against Miami.

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
NFL not going to put AB on the exempt list for now pending further investigation:

I doubt this amounts to anything when it's all said and done unless there was a report made by the accuser at the time of the incident. According to this article there is currently no criminal investigation and apparently there never was. Neither Oakland or Patriots were aware of any accusation prior to the release and signings. Also, both sides to meet with the NFL to tell their side of the story. I think this is a he said/she said deal. Not at all out of the realm of possibility this is a pure money grab....it's happened too many times. Not to say the lady isn't telling the truth but how the hell is anyone going to know if she never filed a complaint at the time of the alleged incident? AB is practicing and teamates impressed and he'll possibly play against Miami.
I am not sure that there being no police reports at the time matters. In cases of sexual assault often times the accusers do not file charges right away, and many times that does not impact the case. I think this speaks far more to this being a civil as opposed to a criminal case.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Antonio Brown

Britney Taylor is in addition. The man works harder than I do.

Antonio Brown is not married. However, he has a long-time girlfriend named Chelsie Kyriss.

Antonio Brown and Chelsie have three children together. Chelsie, 30, also has two older children from another relationship.

Brown brings two children from previous relationships into the blended family as well. Their relationship has been on and off. Their children are Autonomy (born in 2014); Ali the following year; and Apollo in 2017.

Last edited: