Raiders thread

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gill Man

Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
LMAO.......AB to the Patriots. Might as well give them the ring now lolololol. FUDEAN. I love it. Just hope he doesn't eff up that team as he did the Stellahs and the Raidahs. Thing is the Pats are the only team that made any sense to try to take on that big of an ego. They've done it before and they are gonna do it again looks like. Randy Moss 2.0. Brady must be ecstatic.

Last edited:

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Did Mayock have any FO experience prior to the Raiders hiring him?
I don't think so......and so it goes....looks like AB to the Patriots who are probably the only team in the NFL that can handle an ego like that. Patriots will kill everyone now as long as AB stays sane which is a big IF. Bellichek and Brady can keep him from going off the rails I think. They probably are well protected in case AB gets in the weeds again.

Mayock is coming off looking like a clueless idiot..Gruden too. Not sure they deserve it ,,,,,,,probably AB just wanted to get to at team with a chance at a ring this year lol. But Mayock sure was way in over his head in being able to handle a guy like AB. He might have still had the guy on his team if he hadn't gotten heavy handed (even though AB was being an absolute jerk, but sometimes players of that calibre need to be coddled and handled with kid gloves, Mayock has zero experience dealing with that issue).

TTK

EX-Charger Fan
Jul 30, 2007
LOL, AB to the Patriots. It's not even fair to the rest of the league... and I love it!

The GOAT just got GOATer!

Reactions: Fender57 and SDRay

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Hey maybe the Patriots will end up getting Melvin Gordon too LOLOLOL. Demand your release Melvin :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Fender57 and TTK

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
How the F* do thePats keep doing this

Love it

FUdean
The road to the SB goes thru New England again LOLOLOL. IF, and a big IF, the spanoses happen to make the playoffs, they gotta go thru KC and NE....and hope if that happens they end up in zero degrees in NE again......that game was so much fun to watch LMAO.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
This is a business. A multi-billion dollar business. From child endangerment charges to mental issues to holdouts to DUI front offices, to franchises going where they are not wanted---doesn't make a difference. It's a business. And 100 years of fans TV promotions should be stories of $100 billion dollar league revenue goal promotions.

And now you have some subjective ruling calls and challenges all over the place. I hope AB does (or does not) push off and catch the winning TD pass and they have to call it back. AB might explode. Brady might scream. Belichick might...I said might...spit on the ground.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Well if anyone wondered why Brown asked to be released this is the reason:
Brown asked to be released by the Raiders in an Instagram post earlier Saturday. Oakland had fined him $215,073.53 for conduct detrimental to the team, sources told Schefter, a move that voided the $29.125 million worth of guaranteed money in Brown's deal.

In addition, the Raiders sent Brown a letter stating that he no longer would be entitled to termination pay, sources told Schefter. As a result, Brown would have been playing on a week-to-week basis with both his guaranteed money voided and lack of termination pay.

So basically Mayock pushed the guy out the door. Who would take that crap? Mayock sounds like another aj smith , maybe worse if that's possible. Mayock: "You're a Raider one hour at a time". lolz.

Reactions: SDRay

SDRay

#GoIrish #Aztecs #SDGulls #Raiders #THFC #RipCity
Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
Jun 20, 2005
Chula Vista, CA
www.afsportsforum.com
Well if anyone wondered why Brown asked to be released this is the reason:
Brown asked to be released by the Raiders in an Instagram post earlier Saturday. Oakland had fined him $215,073.53 for conduct detrimental to the team, sources told Schefter, a move that voided the $29.125 million worth of guaranteed money in Brown's deal.

In addition, the Raiders sent Brown a letter stating that he no longer would be entitled to termination pay, sources told Schefter. As a result, Brown would have been playing on a week-to-week basis with both his guaranteed money voided and lack of termination pay.

So basically Mayock pushed the guy out the door. Who would take that crap? Mayock sounds like another aj smith , maybe worse if that's possible. Mayock: "You're a Raider one hour at a time". lolz.
Yeah the Raiders were pretty much done with him.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Yeah the Raiders were pretty much done with him.
yup.....they'd had enough and that apology by Brown was not enough for them. Mayock couldn't deal with the antics and the insults from Brown. The guy almost needs a different set of rules or at least a GM has to give the guy space and much more of it than other players. Sometimes superstars require a different method of dealing with them, not only contractually but if they are temperamental then figure out how to talk them down and finesse it. Mayock isn't experienced enough to to that I think. aj smith never was able to do that. Spanos never will be able to do that.....as evidenced by years of getting quality players ticked off....and the recent botched signing of Bosa that kept him out of camp as a drafted rookie. That will resurface believe me when Bosa is ready to extend or tear up the old contract and he'll end up elsewhere.

SDRay

Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
Jun 20, 2005
Chula Vista, CA
www.afsportsforum.com
I still like the our offensive weapons without AB. Tyrell Williams time to step up as the #1 option. Go Raiders, Beat Denver!

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
I still like the our offensive weapons without AB. Tyrell Williams time to step up as the #1 option. Go Raiders, Beat Denver!
yeah I think they will be improved for sure. I too am pulling for them to especially beat the spanii at least one game this year. It's funny, any news positive for the Raiders or Patriots I used to absolutely hate, now I love it. Spanos caused all that. Pretty sure most of SD who used to be pulling for the chuggers are now anti spanos bigtime and either have completely disowned them and don't give a schit about them or actively root against them like us. lolz. It's fun now. Used to be frustrating as hell watching them step on their dicks every year,,,now it's actually enjoyable to watch it happen as predictable. It's an annual event.

Reactions: Fender57 and SDRay

SDRay

Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
Jun 20, 2005
Chula Vista, CA
www.afsportsforum.com
yeah I think they will be improved for sure. I too am pulling for them to especially beat the spanii at least one game this year. It's funny, any news positive for the Raiders or Patriots I used to absolutely hate, now I love it. Spanos caused all that. Pretty sure most of SD who used to be pulling for the chuggers are now anti spanos bigtime and either have completely disowned them and don't give a schit about them or actively root against them like us. lolz. It's fun now. Used to be frustrating as hell watching them step on their dicks every year,,,now it's actually enjoyable to watch it happen as predictable. It's an annual event.

I hope Brown works out for NE as well. The Raiders are still a year or 2 away from contending for a playoff berth but NE has a small window for Brady so I hope they can continue to fend off the rest of the AFC. Especially Team Spanos.

Reactions: Gill Man

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Think Telescope even called the agent? I think even Maycock is a better GM.
Anyway, the Chargers will be lucky to even lick Brady's boot once more. I doubt it.
Anyone think AB will be on the sidelines Sunday to taunt Tomlin?
Yeah, I know that normally would sound like a joke but #84 ain't right in the Tower.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
Tyrell Williams looked great out there. The Chuggers coulda used him, it appears Mike Williams is going to be injury prone throughout his career. Oh well, their loss, and a huge gain for the Raiders.

Reactions: SDRay and Gill Man

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Go Raiders, beat the FUDEANs!

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Tyrell Williams looked great out there. The Chuggers coulda used him, it appears Mike Williams is going to be injury prone throughout his career. Oh well, their loss, and a huge gain for the Raiders.
Chuggers apparently can't afford anyone.