Raiders thread

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gill Man

Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
I like it, a Raiders thread! GO RAIDERS!!!!! GO RAMS!!!!! GO 31 NFL TEAMS!!!!!!!

Reactions: SDRay

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Raider Nation in neon Las Vegas.....I don't like it, I don't buy it.

The Raiders mojo that leaves Oakland is dead. Just another product in the newer shinier jar.

And get off my grass. Or my Astro Butt Turf for you Vegas fans. :cool:

SDRay

#GoIrish #Aztecs #SDGulls #Raiders #THFC #RipCity
Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
Jun 20, 2005
Chula Vista, CA
www.afsportsforum.com
NFL Rumors: Raiders Unlikely To Select Quarterback in 1st Round

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/04/16/nfl-draft-rumors-news-updates-signings

The Arizona Cardinals have been on the clock for the past few months and in less than two weeks, they will be selecting the first pick of the NFL draft in Nashville.

Most think that the decision will come down to Heisman Trophy winner Kyler Murray and Ohio State defensive end Nick Bosa.

Meanwhile, the business of the NFL is still going on with players who are looking for extensions or were tagged with franchise tenders waiting for long-tern deals.

One player who scored big is Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wllson, who reached a four-year, $140 million extension that includes a $65 million signing bonus, making himk the highest-paid player in the league.

Here are the latest rumors surrounding the draft and news around the NFL.

• The Oakland Raiders are unlikely to select a quarterback in the first round. (Michael Gehlken, Las Vegas Review-Journal)

• New York Giants quarterback says he expects the team to select a quarterback in the upcoming draft.

• Wide receiver Corey Coleman signs tender to return to the New York Giants. Coleman is set to earn a non-guaranteed salary of $2.025 million in 2019.

• Oklahoma wide receiver Marquise Brown visited the Baltimore Ravens on Monday. (Mike Garafolo, NFL.com)

• Among the players that skipped their team's team's offseason program are New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, defensive end Michael Bennett, Denver Broncos cornerback Chris Harris Jr. , Los Angeles Rams linebacker Dante Fowler and cornerback Marcus Peters and Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Julio Jones and defensive tackle Grady Jarrett.

• The Raiders hosted Iowa tight end Noah Fant on Monday, in addition to visits from LSU linebacker Devin White, Kentucky defensive end Josh Allen and Michigan defensive lineman Rashan Gary. (Ian Rapoport, NFL Network)

• Talk of a possible trade involving Seahawks defensive end Frank Clark has been circulating. Clark can't be traded until he signs his franchise tender. (Jay Glazer, Fox Sports)

SDRay

Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
Jun 20, 2005
Chula Vista, CA
www.afsportsforum.com
So the Raiders will be facing Khalil Mack and his Bears in London on 10/6. Another damn London game. How much better would it have been if it was in Oakland?

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
So the Raiders will be facing Khalil Mack and his Bears in London on 10/6. Another damn London game. How much better would it have been if it was in Oakland?

The League always looks to the money rich future, not the football-rich past.

SDRay

Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
Jun 20, 2005
Chula Vista, CA
www.afsportsforum.com
I See 13-3. Losses to KC, Spanos, and Houston.

2019 Raiders schedule

PRESEASON
Week 1 LOS ANGELES RAMS TBA KTVU
Sun., Sept. 16 at Arizona Cardinals 5:00 p.m. ESPN
Week 3 GREEN BAY PACKERS TBA KTVU
Week 4 at Seattle Seahawks TBA KTVU

REGULAR SEASON
Mon., Sept. 9 DENVER BRONCOS 7:20 p.m. ESPN
Sun., Sept. 15 KANSAS CITY CHIEFS 1:05 p.m. CBS
Sun., Sept. 22 at Minnesota Vikings 10:00 a.m. FOX
Sun., Sept. 29 at Indianapolis Colts 10:00 a.m. CBS
Sun., Oct. 6 CHICAGO BEARS# 10:00 a.m. FOX
BYE WEEK
Sun., Oct. 20 at Green Bay Packers 10:00 a.m. CBS
Sun., Oct. 27 at Houston Texans 10:00 a.m. CBS
Sun., Nov. 3 DETROIT LIONS 1:05 p.m. FOX
Thu., Nov. 7 LOS ANGELES CHARGERS* 5:20 p.m. FOX
Sun., Nov. 17 CINCINNATI BENGALS 1:25 p.m. CBS
Sun., Nov. 24 at New York Jets 10:00 a.m. CBS
Sun., Dec. 1 at Kansas City Chiefs 10:00 a.m. CBS
Sun., Dec. 8 TENNESSEE TITANS 1:25 p.m. CBS
Sun., Dec. 15 JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS 1:05 p.m. CBS
Sat. or Sun., Dec. 21/22 at Los Angeles Chargers** TBD TBD
Sun., Dec. 29 at Denver Broncos 1:25 p.m. CBS

Lance19

BoltTalker
Oct 2, 2011
Wherever these Valkyries drop me...
I See 13-3. Losses to KC, Spanos, and Houston.

2019 Raiders schedule

PRESEASON
Week 1 LOS ANGELES RAMS TBA KTVU
Sun., Sept. 16 at Arizona Cardinals 5:00 p.m. ESPN
Week 3 GREEN BAY PACKERS TBA KTVU
Week 4 at Seattle Seahawks TBA KTVU

REGULAR SEASON
Mon., Sept. 9 DENVER BRONCOS 7:20 p.m. ESPN
Sun., Sept. 15 KANSAS CITY CHIEFS 1:05 p.m. CBS
Sun., Sept. 22 at Minnesota Vikings 10:00 a.m. FOX
Sun., Sept. 29 at Indianapolis Colts 10:00 a.m. CBS
Sun., Oct. 6 CHICAGO BEARS# 10:00 a.m. FOX
BYE WEEK
Sun., Oct. 20 at Green Bay Packers 10:00 a.m. CBS
Sun., Oct. 27 at Houston Texans 10:00 a.m. CBS
Sun., Nov. 3 DETROIT LIONS 1:05 p.m. FOX
Thu., Nov. 7 LOS ANGELES CHARGERS* 5:20 p.m. FOX
Sun., Nov. 17 CINCINNATI BENGALS 1:25 p.m. CBS
Sun., Nov. 24 at New York Jets 10:00 a.m. CBS
Sun., Dec. 1 at Kansas City Chiefs 10:00 a.m. CBS
Sun., Dec. 8 TENNESSEE TITANS 1:25 p.m. CBS
Sun., Dec. 15 JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS 1:05 p.m. CBS
Sat. or Sun., Dec. 21/22 at Los Angeles Chargers** TBD TBD
Sun., Dec. 29 at Denver Broncos 1:25 p.m. CBS
A Gruden team 13-3?!?

It's 2019, Ray...not 2000.
6-8.
Maybe 7-9 if Deshaun Watson gets the flu in October... :p

Last edited:

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Ok, maybe 9-7 or 10-6. They do have a BS schedule where they are 5 weeks straight on the road.
Courtesy of Roger Goodell doing everything and anything to give satanos better odds.

SDRay

Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
Jun 20, 2005
Chula Vista, CA
www.afsportsforum.com
Raiders moving on from Lynch; RB plans to retire

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001027605/article/raiders-moving-on-from-lynch-rb-plans-to-retire

Marshawn Lynch can permanently toss those football spikes back onto the telephone wire.

After returning to the NFL to play two seasons for his hometown Oakland Raiders, the club is moving on and Lynch does not plan to play football again for another team, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday, per a source informed of the situation.

ESPN first reported the news.

Rapoport noted that while the Raiders love Lynch, coach Jon Gruden made it clear the team had moved on from the 33-year-old running back. Oakland plans to take an RB early in the draft, which opens Thursday, per Rapoport. Josh Jacobs, considered the top back in the draft, is a possible target for the Raiders in the 20s -- Oakland currently owns the No. 24 and 27 picks.

With the Raiders moving on, it marks the end of Beast Mode's NFL career -- again.

The man who redefined his career and power running with the Seattle Seahawks for six seasons during their Super Bowl runs, Lynch ran over, through, and obliterated any defender who dare attempt a tackle. The man literally caused a seismic earth tremor with one of his runs, forever known as the Beast Quake.

Leading the ground-first Seahawks attack, Lynch generated four straight seasons of 1,200-plus yards in Seattle, during which he defined the workmanlike attitude of the team. Standoffish in the media, Lynch also provided much fodder while saying very little. "I'm just here so I don't get fined" from one Super Bowl appearance will forever live in the NFL lexicon.

After walking away for the 2016 season, Lynch unretired to return to his hometown Oakland squad in 2017. In his first year with the Raiders, Lynch remained productive enough, generating 891 yards on 207 carries (4.3 average) with seven TDs. There were some games that season Lynch was the offensive production.

Last season, injuries once again caught up with the aging veteran. He played just six games, earning 376 yards (4.2 average) and three scores.

It seemed clear all offseason that the Raiders would like to move on from Beast Mode's reign. Yet the team has done little to bring in a lead dog. Oakland signed Isaiah Crowell, a solid if unspectacular runner. Jalen Richard and DeAndre Washington returned, but neither is an every-down answer. The Raiders will now look to the draft to try to add a potential dual-threat.

Jacobs is currently considered the top prospect entering Thursday night's first round. The Alabama product fits the mold of a modern back that can perform in both the run and pass.

Lynch unretired to play for his hometown team before they moved to Las Vegas permanently. With the club moving on at the position, Lynch won't play football again, but the consistent good he does for the people and city of Oakland will continue to persist for years to come.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Yeah time to move on from Marshawn. Will miss Beast Mode but that was in SEA and his decline was inevitable. He was still a formidable back in OAK but without all the weapons in SEA and O line in SEA he had he couldn't showcase the skills like before. Wish he'd gone to a team that was on the verge of a ring. But the guy carried a lot of baggage. Pete Carroll was a good enough coach to get the most out of the guy and those around him made Beast Mode great. HOF for that guy?

SDRay

Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
Jun 20, 2005
Chula Vista, CA
www.afsportsforum.com
Oakland Raiders Chris Warren III healthy and ready for 2019

https://247sports.com/nfl/oakland-raiders/Article/Oakland-Raiders-Chris-Warren-III-healthy-ready-2019-season-131457114/

The Oakland Raiders are on the verge of getting a big piece of the roster back for the 2019 season.
Last year, Jon Gruden and former general manager Reggie McKenzie brought a rookie running back to town in Chris Warren III. The former University of Texas standout went undrafted after a three-year career in which he rushed for 1,150 yards and 13 touchdowns. These weren't eye-popping numbers per se, but the Raiders saw potential in the 6-foot-4-inch, 250-pound bruiser, and he responded with 58 carries for 292 yards and two touchdowns in the preseason.
Unfortunately for the Raiders and Warren, his season came to an end before it started as he landed on Injured Reserve with a knee injury. Instead of fighting for a roster spot with Doug Martin, Jalen Richard, and Marshawn Lynch, Warren spent 2018 working on his recovery.
Well, as he explained to Eddie Paskal of the Raiders media team, the Texas product is healthy and ready for a big season in 2019. Warren has been working out and running in preparation for the season, and he is set up to compete for a spot on the 53-man roster once again.
"Oh, absolutely," Warren told Paskal. "That's what the whole offseason was for, that's what the whole last year was for. Just getting ready, making sure that I'm ready to roll. Feel great, I'm out there running. I wasn't running as much, I was doing more, like, bodywork and doing different types of workouts, but I'm focused for sure on making sure that I can put my best foot forward this season, regardless of what happens.
Warren knows that he has an uphill battle to make this roster considering that Richard, DeAndre Washington, and Isaiah Crowell are atop the depth chart, but he is ready for the battle. As he explained, the year away from the constant grind and hits wasn't ideal, but it gave him an opportunity to get his body right and possibly prolong his career. This extra rest can't be overstated, and it could ultimately help Warren stick with the Silver and Black.
One other factor that can play to his advantage is that the Raiders front office likes what they have seen from the limited plays. Gruden brought Warren to town as an undrafted rookie, and he gave him plenty of opportunities to make an impact during training camp and the preseason. Mike Mayock, on the other hand, didn't have firsthand exposure to Warren due to his obligations as an analyst, but the rookie made enough of an impact that he was specifically mentioned during a press conference back in February.
"Chris Warren's a big, strong kid," Mayock said at the NFL Scouting Combine. "I remember scouting him when he was at Texas, and he was a tight end, and then he became a tailback. What do you do with him? How do you play him? I think his challenge, and it's interesting with a lot of big running backs, sometimes the challenge is to be consistently physical. Because you've always been the bigger guy, you want to show people that you are quick, and all those things. And I think what he did last year in training camp is he came in and knocked a linebacker from Detroit on his back in one of the practices. He was consistently physical until he got hurt, and he's a guy we can't wait to see this summer."
At this point, Warren's future with the team is yet to be determined, but he is ready to produce for the Raiders. He will see plenty of opportunities during minicamps and into Training Camp. If he performs even remotely close to the level which he did in 2018 and remains healthy, Warren should be set up for success.

Lance19

BoltTalker
Oct 2, 2011
If Sproles can be in the HoF for most all purpose :rolleyes: yards (2,696 in '11),
then Lynch should be in there for a couple of the most epic plays in the 98 year history of the NFL.

And I love Darren...good guy (got to hang out with, a couple of times), and one of the most entertaining players... :D
but "all purpose yards" is a pretty lame stat...it doesn't require excellence to accumulate a ton of yards playing a bunch of different roles.
Few players play enough positions (incl. returning kicks and/or punts) for there to be much competition for that stat.

Lynch? I'd give it to him on the New Orleans stampede alone!
But add the epic Cardinals one + 6 or 7 others, that are just the best moments in the game...making guys scream at their TV in disbelief...

I used to think the HoF had to be about a player's whole career (ML's over 10k rushing yards is no slouch, but not Top 25)...
but I've gradually evolved to the idea that, if a guy made an absolutely epic play, that was arguably the best in history, he deserves 'Fame...

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Because we do not have a Steelers Thread......
And the issue of Mr. Rivers had better do better than this or he a total [redacted].

....more than Aaron Rodgers‘ $33.5 million figure. Given the $17 million Roethliberger was due to make in 2019, the total value of the deal is $85 million over three years, an average of $28.33 million.

Per a league source, Roethlisberger’s signing bonus will be $37.5 million, and he’ll earn another $2.5 million this year. Added to the $5 million roster bonus earned in March, that’s a grand total of $45 million for 2019.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
And the issue of Mr. Rivers had better do better than this or he a total [redacted].

....more than Aaron Rodgers‘ $33.5 million figure. Given the $17 million Roethliberger was due to make in 2019, the total value of the deal is $85 million over three years, an average of $28.33 million.

Per a league source, Roethlisberger’s signing bonus will be $37.5 million, and he’ll earn another $2.5 million this year. Added to the $5 million roster bonus earned in March, that’s a grand total of $45 million for 2019.
Hey we want the full unredacted version!!!!!!
!
image.png

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008

Maybe there should be a Steelers thread started?

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Maybe there should be a Steelers thread started?
It's not like there are no good story lines.

Plus, I like them. And the redacted version is....what? Goodell is suing me? Again?
Yeah start your Steelers thread Harry.....if nothing else that place is one hell of a soap opera. Now that I think of it so are the Packers of late lolz. Is or is not Aaron Rodgers an evil selfish prima donna? I would say no but who knows what goes on in the locker room. Hell no one knew what Jerry Sandusky was up to for years LOLZ. NFL itself is a soap opera now that I think of it. So go ahead and start the Steeler and Packer threads. WTF. Anything to keep the effing satanoses out of the news and push those threads to page 9. LOLZ

And if anyone thinks i"m lying about Dean being Satan....here is indisuputable proof:
image.png

DEAN SATANOS

Last edited:
Reactions: Fender57

Lance19

BoltTalker
Oct 2, 2011
If Sproles can be in the HoF for most all purpose :rolleyes: yards (2,696 in '11),
then Lynch should be in there for a couple of the most epic plays in the 98 year history of the NFL.

And I love Darren...good guy (got to hang out with, a couple of times), and one of the most entertaining players... :D
but "all purpose yards" is a pretty lame stat...it doesn't require excellence to accumulate a ton of yards playing a bunch of different roles.
Few players play enough positions (incl. returning kicks and/or punts) for there to be much competition for that stat.

Lynch? I'd give it to him on the New Orleans stampede alone!
But add the epic Cardinals one + 6 or 7 others, that are just the best moments in the game...making guys scream at their TV in disbelief...

I used to think the HoF had to be about a player's whole career (ML's over 10k rushing yards is no slouch, but not Top 25)...
but I've gradually evolved to the idea that, if a guy made an absolutely epic play, that was arguably the best in history, he deserves 'Fame...
I put up my "Lynch for HoF" post 20 hours ago, and no one has told me I'm wrong, yet!!

What's the matter with you people? Gone soft? Still rage-tweeting about Mueller?
I don't know who I am, if I'm not constantly in the minority here!!

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
I put up my "Lynch for HoF" post 20 hours ago, and no one has told me I'm wrong, yet!!

What's the matter with you people? Gone soft? Still rage-tweeting about Mueller?
I'm not yet out of concussion protocol.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008

Ever since they let Dierdorf In I really don’t care who goes in.