Raiders release Clark; place Bing on IR

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

WonderSlug

Sep 1, 2005
www.boltsplanet.com
The Oakland Raiders have released Danny Clark and placed Darnell Bing on IR.

Oh, and Mr. "He Hate Me" Rod Smart was also let go.

Traded WR Doug Gabriel to New England for an undisclosed draft pick. Released QB Jeff George, CB Duane Starks, LB Danny Clark, LB Ryan Riddle, LB Ricky Brown, DE Bryant McNeal, RB Rod Smart, FB Zach Tuiasosopo, WR Will Buchanon, WR Kevin McMahan, C Chris Morris, G Kelvin Garmon, OT Jabari Levey, OT William Obeng, DT Donnell Washington and DT Rashad Moore. Placed TE O.J. Santiago, WR Carlos Francis, LB Darnell Bing and S Alvin Nnabuife on injured reserve.

WonderSlug

Sep 1, 2005
www.boltsplanet.com
It also looks like the Raiders released both their 7th round picks:

C Chris Morris
WR Kevin McMahan

With any ballclub, 6th round and 7th round picks are the least likely to make the active roster.

MtlBoltsFan

Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016
Jun 27, 2006
WonderSlug said:
It also looks like the Raiders released both their 7th round picks:

C Chris Morris
WR Kevin McMahan

With any ballclub, 6th round and 7th round picks are the least likely to make the active roster.
Wrong, UDFA's :icon_mrgreen:

M

matilack

PostAnteaterCharger said:
Smart i'd like to get
Clark was their best LB no question, dumbasses
**** DANNY CLARK!!! It was his fault LT was injure last year when he punched him in the ribs on the sideline.
I cant believe you would want a piece of shit like that on this team.

AnteaterRaider

Carpe Diem et omni Mundio
Staff member
Super Moderator
Podcaster
Jan 19, 2006
San Diego, CA
matilack said:
**** DANNY CLARK!!! It was his fault LT was injure last year when he punched him in the ribs on the sideline.
I cant believe you would want a piece of shit like that on this team.
Didn't say I wanted him, didn't say he was a good guy. I agree he's a bastard but he was also THE best LB the Raiders had. That's not sugarcoating it, htat was a statement of fact

M

matilack

PostAnteaterCharger said:
Didn't say I wanted him, didn't say he was a good guy. I agree he's a bastard but he was also THE best LB the Raiders had. That's not sugarcoating it, htat was a statement of fact
Ok, for a second i had a spasam thinking you wanted him.
He would never mesh with our team, they wouldnt forgive him for all he did last year.

Rainman

BoltTalker
Sep 4, 2006
WonderSlug said:
The Oakland Raiders have released Danny Clark and placed Darnell Bing on IR.
This cracks me up... Raider Fan was claiming that Darnell Bing was a STEAL in the 3rd round.

How many "steals" are switched from one position to another upon their arrival in the NFL? More commonly, switching positions is a sign of desperation.

Then again, the Raiders are definitely desperate!

Then Bing gets put on IR with a 'stinger'. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't MOST players recovered from a stringer within two, three weeks TOPS?

This just REEKS of Bing being in over his head. Clearly, Art Shell concluded that Bing was so behind-the-curve developmentally that he'd be useless in '06, so he IR'd him.

How demoralizing to be a Raider fan. And no fan deserves it more! :icon_banana:

MtlBoltsFan

Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016
Jun 27, 2006
Rainman said:
This cracks me up... Raider Fan was claiming that Darnell Bing was a STEAL in the 3rd round.

How many "steals" are switched from one position to another upon their arrival in the NFL? More commonly, switching positions is a sign of desperation.

Then again, the Raiders are definitely desperate!

Then Bing gets put on IR with a 'stinger'. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't MOST players recovered from a stringer within two, three weeks TOPS?

This just REEKS of Bing being in over his head. Clearly, Art Shell concluded that Bing was so behind-the-curve developmentally that he'd be useless in '06, so he IR'd him.

How demoralizing to be a Raider fan. And no fan deserves it more! :icon_banana:
Bing was drafted in the 4th I believe but I'll tell you what, Paul (or is this one pat?) McQuistan the OT they drafted in the 3rd round and who they moved inside to guard, is a huge POS.

Rainman

BoltTalker
Sep 4, 2006
MtlBoltsFan said:
Bing was drafted in the 4th I believe but I'll tell you what, Paul (or is this one pat?) McQuistan the OT they drafted in the 3rd round and who they moved inside to guard, is a huge POS.
Good. Nobody deserves that more than those bass turd raider fans.

Over on the NFLforums.com, the Raider forum is EMPTY! They have NO smack to talk and they've gone into hiding.

Those arrogant "we have 3 trophies from before I was born" diqueheads have their tails between their legs. :icon_rofl: