• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Raiders .... "nut" jobs ....

Shamrock

I was listening to FOX Sports Radio today while moving cows and hay and a couple hosts and a guest were saying they believed the Squack TE Jeremy Stevens started it ... they even said Stevens tried to knee Brayton in the nuts but missed. Guess I'll have to watch it again.

Shamrock said:
I was listening to FOX Sports Radio today while moving cows and hay and a couple hosts and a guest were saying they believed the Squack TE Jeremy Stevens started it ... they even said Stevens tried to knee Brayton in the nuts but missed. Guess I'll have to watch it again.
They may be right. I watched the video twice cause Stevens did get that right knee very elevated... before Stevens kneed him back...

Shamrock

carrie1219 said:
They may be right. I watched the video twice cause Stevens did get that right knee very elevated... before Stevens kneed him back...
I watched it again, and I think Stevens leg coming up was just from them jostling - not an intentional act. I think Stevens is a jerk too, from past stuff, but IMO, he didn't knee Brayton on purpose (and he didn't connect either).

The Raiders and their apologists will use that to try and justify Brayton's actions, but I'd be surprised if Brayton gets less than a two game suspension.

Shamrock said:
I watched it again, and I think Stevens leg coming up was just from them jostling - not an intentional act. I think Stevens is a jerk too, from past stuff, but IMO, he didn't knee Brayton on purpose (and he didn't connect either).

The Raiders and their apologists will use that to try and justify Brayton's actions, but I'd be surprised if Brayton gets less than a two game suspension.
I agree that Stevens probably did not intentionally lift his knee to Brayton.

Now Brayton will not be suspended.

Though, if you think about it. Not suspending him and him continuing to play for the Raiders is a punishment. If he did get suspended, it would be considered a reward.

That being said, he should have been suspended.

Trumpet_Man

http://www.kffl.com/hotw

Raiders | R. Moss gives reason for drops
Mon, 13 Nov 2006 19:31:32 -0800

Jerry McDonald, of ANG Newspapers, reports Oakland Raiders WR Randy Moss gave a reason for why he has dropped so many passes this year. "Maybe because I'm unhappy and I'm not too excited about what's going on, so my concentration and focus level tends to go down sometimes when I'm in a bad mood. So all I can say is that if you put me in a good situation and make me happy, man, you get good results," said Moss.