Q's 2020 Cardinals Thread; Flight from the Chargers on the wings of a red bird.

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
I have decided to become an Arizona Cardinals fan. So, if you're into that, let me know. I will never be a hardcore fan like I was of the Chargers. A loss won't ruin my day, and a win won't put me as the lead in the weed-infused San Diego Super Chargers musical at a Bevmo somewhere in Phoenix. But, if the Cards score, I will likely say yay and keep watching.

So, if there is a season, I am expecting my Cardinals to hit that .500 mark this year. The Cards have a good quarterback and the most underrated player I know of on defense. They just added one of the game's best receivers. ... I am actually just talking out my ass here. I only know what I have read and am parroting that. So, if you know stuff, let me know.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
I have decided to become an Arizona Cardinals fan. So, if you're into that, let me know. I will never be a hardcore fan like I was of the Chargers. A loss won't ruin my day, and a win won't put me as the lead in the weed-infused San Diego Super Chargers musical at a Bevmo somewhere in Phoenix. But, if the Cards score, I will likely say yay and keep watching.

So, if there is a season, I am expecting my Cardinals to hit that .500 mark this year. The Cards have a good quarterback and the most underrated player I know of on defense. They just added one of the game's best receivers. ... I am actually just talking out my ass here. I only know what I have read and am parroting that. So, if you know stuff, let me know.
What I know, according those here, you could write on the back of postage stamp [and I'll still be head of this class]....can they win the Division? I don't see it. SF strong, Seattle looks great, the Rams might come bouncing back. I think you're being told to follow the Cardinals. Big time receivers uusually do not change a team's fortune.
Don't apologize for your ass' opinions. Some people's asses say the Chuggers will win the SB.
Now those openings should smelt not heard.

Last edited:

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
What I know, according those here, you could write on the back of postage stamp [and I'll still be head of this class]....can they win the Division? I don't see it. SF strong, Seattle looks great, the Rams might come bouncing back. I think you're bring told to follow the Cardinals. Big time receivers uusually do not change a team's fortune.
Don't apologize for your ass' opinions. Some people's asses say the Chuggers will win the SB.
Now those openings should smelt not heard.
Probably not even smelled either.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
I'm supposed to delete this. But I agree so I'm gonna defer for now ;) Don't expect it to last long though......3,2,1........
You can't use the F word? But you can use U.S. deaths....Pandemic.....Lysol....
and the word Miracle ??

How about “Some folks...a lot of folks...have told me....that they know that you should Fxxx
LA. You'd be surprised. It's not reported in most Forums, but trust me.”

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
You can't use the F word? But you can use U.S. deaths....Pandemic.....Lysol....
and the word Miracle ??

How about “Some folks...a lot of folks...have told me....that they know that you should Fxxx
LA. You'd be surprised. It's not reported in most Forums, but trust me.”
Now that you mention it.....it was not a personal attack, it was a 3rd person, actually nonpersonal, attack with the F bomb. I just tried to reinstate it but could not. Ah well. Once deleted apparently no recourse. Apologies to Q. F LA.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
Now that you mention it.....it was not a personal attack, it was a 3rd person, actually nonpersonal, attack with the F bomb. I just tried to reinstate it but could not. Ah well. Once deleted apparently no recourse. Apologies to Q. F LA.
So it’s ok to make personal attacks as long as you don’t use the F word?

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
Poll. Have you heard of Chandler Jones? If you have, did you know, before reading this, that he has been on the Cardinals for years? Without looking it up, guess how many sacks he has had the last three seasons.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Poll. Have you heard of Chandler Jones? If you have, did you know, before reading this, that he has been on the Cardinals for years? Without looking it up, guess how many sacks he has had the last three seasons.
Just a wild guess....49. ;) Wow, impressive. Question is why would NE even let him get away?? Actually he's been on the Cards since 2016....before that NE. Maybe the best pass rushing sack artist in the league over that span? Yet all you hear of is other names. This is what happens when a team gets buried in their division. Last year it was Nick Bosa, Nick Bosa, Nick Bosa. The year before Joey Bosa Joey Bosa Joey bosa....then after they met a real team the Patriots in the playoffs.......bosa, bos, and last year buried in the division.... b.o. LOL

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
Just a wild guess....49. ;) Wow, impressive. Question is why would NE even let him get away?? Actually he's been on the Cards since 2016....before that NE. Maybe the best pass rushing sack artist in the league over that span? Yet all you hear of is other names. This is what happens when a team gets buried in their division. Last year it was Nick Bosa, Nick Bosa, Nick Bosa. The year before Joey Bosa Joey Bosa Joey bosa....then after they met a real team the Patriots in the playoffs.......bosa, bos, and last year buried in the division.... b.o. LOL
I don't know if Chandler Jones is the best, but, because I am now a Cardinals fan, I will make that argument. Jones rules. Bosas drool.

Reactions: Gill Man

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015

Chandler Jones has the 4th-most sacks of any active player. All three guys in front of him have played longer and have averaged fewer sacks per season. Stats-wise, he is, by far, the best pass rusher in the NFL and could be argued as the best there has ever been.

Jones is averaging 12 sacks per season over his career. Over the last three seasons, he has averaged 16 sacks. The all-time recorded sack leader is Bruce Smith, who averaged 11.5 sacks per season.

Yet, few people outside of Arizona have heard of Chandler Jones.

Reactions: Gill Man

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
I don't know if Chandler Jones is the best, but, because I am now a Cardinals fan, I will make that argument. Jones rules. Bosas drool.
In that division I'd like either SEA or AZ to win.Right now I like SEA because they can beat the niners who I never liked other than as a kid before the bolt came to SD. After that I pretty much disowned anything niners. I'm hoping AZ can rise up and be the best in the division but dont' see it yet. But am a big AZ fan,love the state, especially love Sedona where we used to go in an RV twice a year......really cool place. So I consider it a 2nd home of sorts. And the lambs are my 3rd favorite in that division just because I hate spenis and want him to be 2nd in LA always and fail miserably after the decision to move. Hate him and his team even more than the niners now. I'm a bona fide hater. Only a guy like spenis could turn the most loyal of fans into a hater overnite.

Reactions: Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
In that division I'd like either SEA or AZ to win.Right now I like SEA because they can beat the niners who I never liked other than as a kid before the bolt came to SD. After that I pretty much disowned anything niners. I'm hoping AZ can rise up and be the best in the division but dont' see it yet. But am a big AZ fan,love the state, especially love Sedona where we used to go in an RV twice a year......really cool place. So I consider it a 2nd home of sorts. And the lambs are my 3rd favorite in that division just because I hate spenis and want him to be 2nd in LA always and fail miserably after the decision to move. Hate him and his team even more than the niners now. I'm a bona fide hater. Only a guy like spenis could turn the most loyal of fans into a hater overnite.
If the Lala Lambs win even one game over the next two seasons, they will still be the best NFL team L.A. has got. Without Rivers, the Spanoses are about to set an unbeatable losing streak. They will forever be the metaphor for losers.

When a bowler throws a ball into the wrong lane, a pitcher beans himself in the back of the head, or a drunk Santa runs on the field and wets himself, the announcer will say he must feel like a complete Spanos right now.

Concudan

CPiSS (Chargers Post Season Syndrome)
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
I don't think you are a Cards fan....

HURUMPH!

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
For the record, if the Cardinals need for the Spanoses to beat the Lambs or Squawks for Arizona to make the post season, I will still be rooting for the Spanoses' opponents. My Cardinals fandom runs arm-hair deep; my Spanos hatred permeates every organelle in my body. If I end up with Coronavirus, doctors will be dumbfounded as to how the virus's RNA was filled with microscopic anti-Spanos memes.

Last edited:

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
For the record, if the Cardinals need for the Spanoses to beat the Lambs or Squawks for Arizona to make the post season, I will still be rooting for Spanoses' opponents. My Cardinals fandom runs arm-hair deep; my Spanos hatred permeates every organelle in my body. If I end up with Coronavirus, doctors will be dumbfounded as to how the virus's RNA was filled with microscopic anti-Spanos memes.
ha ha......sounds about like my hatred.....maybe they will develop an antispenis antibody test.

Reactions: Quetzalcoatl

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
For the record, if the Cardinals need for the Spanoses to beat the Lambs or Squawks for Arizona to make the post season, I will still be rooting for the Spanoses' opponents. My Cardinals fandom runs arm-hair deep; my Spanos hatred permeates every organelle in my body. If I end up with Coronavirus, doctors will be dumbfounded as to how the virus's RNA was filled with microscopic anti-Spanos memes.
This is why I cannot embrace a new team fully.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Doctors at least can say, “Looks like it wasn't his year.....again.”

SDRay

#GoIrish #Aztecs #SDGulls #Raiders #THFC #RipCity
Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
Jun 20, 2005
Chula Vista, CA
www.afsportsforum.com

That's awesome Q. Glad you found a new team to root for. It's the same for me with the Raiders. Win or lose, I don't really care. I just hope they beat Team Spanos each season. Would also be ok if the NFL ends up crashing and burning one day.

Fouts

Aug 17, 2007
La Jolla, CA

I tried this with the Rams, never took hold. But as you point out a loss didnt matter, and a win didn't excite me as much as my San Diego Chargers. I then moved to hate watching, then lost the hate as that's no way to live week to week. Then got to choke watching, Spanos run teams excel at that. Finally, hopefully evolving to watching ONLY if there's nothing better to do.

I pretty much got to the point to not watching Sunday night, MNF, TNF. Which is huge because I was an NFL, junky esp if I can glimpse some highlights of my Bolts game, during halftime.

I am, however, curious to wathching Rivers play on the Colts.

Anyways, go Cardinals, (go back to St Louis, where you belong :D:p)