Put skirts on the QBs cause the NFL has further sissified them.

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
New rules further protect the uber protected QB. Take the pads off, lut flags in the belts and lets make it what the QBs want it to be...
Chargers Head Coach Marty Schottenheimer feels that the rule change that will have the biggest impact involves protecting quarterbacks from hits at or below the knee. The new rule “prohibits a rushing defender from forcibly hitting a passer who has one or both feet on the ground ... even if the defender is blocked (or fouled) into the passer and has no opportunity to avoid him.”
The defender must make every effort to avoid making contact with the quarterback in such situations. Even if the player is coming off a block, he must avoid contact with the quarterback below the knee or risk drawing a pass interference penalty. The rule passed by a vote of 25-7. The Chargers were one of the teams opposed to the change.
http://www.chargers.com/news/headline_detail.cfm?news_key=2585

Further, Peyton M. Tom B. and a few other QBs initiated a rule that allows each team to bring their own balls to the game. WTF?! The QBs can now only play with their own balls. Dear god what are these overpaide panzified playboys going to come up with next?

Thumper

WHS
Aug 24, 2005
www.bolttalk.com
Concudan said:
New rules further protect the uber protected QB. Take the pads off, lut flags in the belts and lets make it what the QBs want it to be...

http://www.chargers.com/news/headline_detail.cfm?news_key=2585

Further, Peyton M. Tom B. and a few other QBs initiated a rule that allows each team to bring their own balls to the game. WTF?! The QBs can now only play with their own balls. Dear god what are these overpaide panzified playboys going to come up with next?
That's freakin' ridiculous. Next year they'll add a rule that you can only tckle the QB if he says he's ready to be tackled. :no:

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
Thumper said:
That's freakin' ridiculous. Next year they'll add a rule that you can only tckle the QB if he says he's ready to be tackled. :no:
So based on this rule, is Shawne Merriman's shoe string tacklt of Peyton illegle?

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
Thumper said:
Yeah, but that rule doesn't go into effect until 2008.
So in 2008 they start playing flag football. Guess I better start liking hockey.

Why is it that all these rules are needed now, but from the inception of the NFL till now, we have had legends and sucessful QBs without them wearing a dress?

Thumper

WHS
Aug 24, 2005
www.bolttalk.com
Concudan said:
So in 2008 they start playing flag football. Guess I better start liking hockey.

Why is it that all these rules are needed now, but from the inception of the NFL till now, we have had legends and sucessful QBs without them wearing a dress?
It still has to get through the rules commitee though. I don't think Marty will let it pass. :lol: :lol:

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
Thumper said:
It still has to get through the rules commitee though. I don't think Marty will let it pass. :lol: :lol:
My understanding is it was done. Lets hope that a sense of what the game is prevails.

Thumper

WHS
Aug 24, 2005
www.bolttalk.com
Concudan said:
My understanding is it was done. Lets hope that a sense of what the game is prevails.
I was just jokin about the rule I made up and said they were going to add. How silly would it be to only be able to tackle the QB if he has to say he's ready to be tackled. Guess my jokes aren't so funny sometimes. Well most of the time.

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
I know you were joking aobut that. But they are putting skirts ont he QBs. I understand we dont want them hurt, but in this game you CANT say that you cant touche someone in certain areas. By this rule, if you are blocked into the QBs lower leg, your still flagged. That is wrong, even the girly kickers dont get that treatment.

QBs who play uner this rule should wear makeup and pink jerseys!