PR17 Appreciation

Concudan

Life is really simple, but we make it difficult
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006

I remember hating the pick. We had Brees. Then in his first two preseason PR17 stunk it up. The Brees v. Rivers wars were raging. Finally, Brees hurt his shoulder, and the age of Rivers had arrived.

He never got the ring he deserved, but I got to speak with him a half a dozen times. He is as down to earth and real as he is a great QB.

Reactions: ThunderHorse17

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Good dude. Deserved better.

Hope herbert is taking notes.
no kidding. spanos news is making national news......saw it on a major channel re: the financial lawsuit with Dea and possibility of a sale or partial sale. If that happens maybe Herbert can have a decent career, if not....probably not so much, he'll just follow in the long line of those whose career were stunted and could have been national superstars on a considerably higher level.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Rivers will never come again. The loyal, team dedicated, willing to play out contract, no verbal debate as to social issues, all “football”...will never come again.
Herbert if decent, should be offered the current sooner than necessary second mega contract.
But I don't think that's going to happen.
Rivers gave it his all, good, great or bad. He should demanded a big money deal from Chuggers before the his last year. The new Herberts won't make that same mistake.

Reactions: Faded Blues

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
totally agree harry.

if herbert is smart, after next season demand a new contract. the 6 year contract for roomies is bullshit.