• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Powder Blues this Sunday?

A buddy of mine says that our bolts will be wearing their powder blue uni's this week against Pitt. Is that true? I know last years game they wore them. I thought the powder blues were going to be worn for the Cleveland game.

Anybody know?

SDRay

Let's go Fleet! #GoBoats #AnchorDown
Staff member
Administrator
Podcaster
I'd like for them to wear the Air Coryell throwbacks instead.

exodus

matilack said:
But we lost last year in them, and that was against Pittsuburgh too
I was thinking the same thing. But they look good on TV, and Berman loves them, so we always get plenty of good air time from him.

ntman68

They can wear parachute pants and wifebeaters for all I care, as long as they bring the wood to the Steelers.

TJBOLT

ntman68 said:
They can wear parachute pants and wifebeaters for all I care, as long as they bring the wood to the Steelers.
that what im talking about bring the pain and defend our house like JR used too say RUN and HIT, RUN and HIT

Drunk

Powder Blues have gotten way too popular IMO. There cool once in a while, but it has gotten to the the point where they actually outnumber the original STRONG colors. From televisions standpoint, our home games crowd doesnt look very intimidating. Rival fans look like they outnumber us because the powder blues dont stand out. :bolt:

MasterOfPuppets

Charger fan since 1979
ChargerRay said:
I would love the see those too, specially with the blue jersey, I remember them wearing the blue jerseys only once or twice a year (I was a kid then so my memory might not be accurate :icon_shrug: )

ChargerRay said:
I second that throwback uniform.

I just love the blue helmet with the yellow face mask with the bolt on the side of the helmet.

The 1979 thru 1983 years uniforms are my favorite of Air Coryell's days.

Is there an actual site or link that gives us the uniform of the game?

I also heard from Osgood that they are going to wear their thowback whites this year, but he did not say which game.

ntman68 said:
LOL! "Can't Touch This!"
I have a mini throwback jersey on my mailbox post, instead of a flag.

Look at that......a thing of beauty..........besides the Charger girls....im talkin bout the Steeler faithful invading the "Q".

We rollin thick on Sunday............our presence will be obvious. :icon_mrgreen:

PhillyChargerFan

Blitzburghv5_5Lombardi's said:
Look at that......a thing of beauty..........besides the Charger girls....im talkin bout the Steeler faithful invading the "Q".

We rollin thick on Sunday............our presence will be obvious. :icon_mrgreen:

Absolutely!! you guys and gals should stand out, if you put all of you guys/gals together you MAY get 1 full set of teeth.... :icon_banana:

Drunk

FACT
Steeler fans = Biggest bandwagon in the national football league.

(Not talking about the ones from Pittsburgh)

So you from "the burgh" my friend?

Blitzburghv5_5Lombardi's said:

Yo, A S S clown!

Keep the smack talk in the SMACK forum. :bolt: