• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

    afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

    Sign Up or

    Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Post game press conference?

Ride The Lightning

Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.
#3
"Well, you know, we just didn't make plays down the stretch."

This plus a hundred other Marty cliches is what you'll hear. If you heard one of his post game loss press conferences you've heard them all.

Stupid Old Man
 

WonderSlug

Well-Known Member
#6
Reporter: "Marty, it seems like you guys are always in a good position to win these games against tough teams, but for some reason you find a way to lose it after leading late. Why do you think you have so much trouble in holding late leads against good opponents?"

Marty: "Well ya know, we couldn't execute late, we had a couple of costly penalties that drove us back multiple times and put us in poor field position, and with their defense we didn't want to make a silly turnover and give it to them deep in our territory, and with that happening we were forced to run the ball and punt. Unfortunately for us they made some plays down the stretch that were not happening to us earlier and that was the difference in the game."
 
M

matilack

Guest
#7
WonderSlug said:
Reporter: "Marty, it seems like you guys are always in a good position to win these games against tough teams, but for some reason you find a way to lose it after leading late. Why do you think you have so much trouble in holding late leads against good opponents?"

Marty: "Well ya know, we couldn't execute late, we had a couple of costly penalties that drove us back multiple times and put us in poor field position, and with their defense we didn't want to make a silly turnover and give it to them deep in our territory, and with that happening we were forced to run the ball and punt. Unfortunately for us they made some plays down the stretch that were not happening to us earlier and that was the difference in the game."
Reporter: How bout YOU PUT US IN BAD FIELD POSITION YOU STUPID ****!!

Reporter2: And its your fault we lost, and if you blow it again in the 4th next week were gonna take you for a ride behind Merrimans Hummer!!
 

WonderSlug

Well-Known Member
#8
matilack said:
Reporter: How bout YOU PUT US IN BAD FIELD POSITION YOU STUPID ****!!

Reporter2: And its your fault we lost, and if you blow it again in the 4th next week were gonna take you for a ride behind Merrimans Hummer!!
How did Marty put them in bad field position to start most drives?

That happens after a special teams situation and penalties doesn't it?
 
M

matilack

Guest
#11
WonderSlug said:
How did Marty put them in bad field position to start most drives?

That happens after a special teams situation and penalties doesn't it?
By running the ball 1000 thousand times we couldnt advance the ball up the field.

I dont know why we went away from the pass so quickly.
 

WonderSlug

Well-Known Member
#12
leisure said:
I guarantee you one thing....the Colts would not have sat on it
The Colts were backed up inside their 20 only once today.

They were able to air it out more because of that fact.

Actually, even still, they ran it 35 times. We ran it 39 times.
 

RMANCIL

Well-Known Member
#14
matilack said:
Reporter: How bout YOU PUT US IN BAD FIELD POSITION YOU STUPID ****!!

Reporter2: And its your fault we lost, and if you blow it again in the 4th next week were gonna take you for a ride behind Merrimans Hummer!!

If I remember correctly Rivers threw a int that set up the Ravens for their only T.D. in the first half.

Perhaps that influenced Marty.
 

foober

BoltTalker
#18
RMANCIL said:
If I remember correctly Rivers threw a int that set up the Ravens for their only T.D. in the first half.

Perhaps that influenced Marty.
But do you keep running the ball into a stacked d-line when they are just waiting for you to run.

If anything the chargers have to expand upon the passing offense. Practice it more. Get the timing more precise. CAuse right now were not going to win if we just run the ball.

Every qb gets intercepted. But do you just shut down your pass offense from fear.
 

RMANCIL

Well-Known Member
#20
The Bolts were blowing the Ravens off the los but holding and clipping calls killed us.

Marty sure wasn't going to put Rivers back on his side of the 40 in 3rd and long.

Again the only Raven score was on a short field. We also left 6 points off the boards on missed FG in the second half.

I would have liked to see Rivers pass on 1st down some in the second half myself but hey last I looked a lot of you were ready to ship Brees out for Rivers .

Rivers will in time earn Martys trust. Just the kids 3rd start. He looks very poised and he is going to be very good but you must give him some time.
 

Ride The Lightning

Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.
#21
RMANCIL said:
The Bolts were blowing the Ravens off the los but holding and clipping calls killed us.
Agreed, but penalties always suck, no matter when they happen. BTW, the clipping call was weak.

Marty sure wasn't going to put Rivers back on his side of the 40 in 3rd and long.
And why are we in 3rd and long constantly behind our 40? Oh yeah, RUN RUN RUN PUNT.

Again the only Raven score was on a short field. We also left 6 points off the boards on missed FG in the second half.
Short field, long field, a score is a score. Plus sitiing on a measley 6 point lead only means you're 1 play away from being down by 1.

I would have liked to see Rivers pass on 1st down some in the second half myself but hey last I looked a lot of you were ready to ship Brees out for Rivers.
Even Brees would have been stuck handing it off. You can't keep Rivers chained up forever. Eventually, the kid is gonna have to beat somebody with his arm, and today was that day. Too bad Marty never gave him a chance to throw it when the Ravens had 9 in the box.

Rivers will in time earn Martys trust. Just the kids 3rd start. He looks very poised and he is going to be very good but you must give him some time.
Marty has no faith in anyone except for his own outdated ways of coaching a game. Sitting on a 6 point lead, playing russian roulette against another very good team, how many times do you expect the D to stop them? For Christssakes, SCORE SOME POINTS and give your D some breathing room, quit putting them under the gun the whole game, sheesh.
 

RMANCIL

Well-Known Member
#22
The point on Brees is that being a vetern player we may have seen the Bolts pass a good bit more than we did with Rivers.

This was just Rivers 3rd game as a starter.

The 3rd and long was created due to penatlys on our OL , Dielman to be exaxt. Now I found the one clipping to be a very bad call but hey that happens on passing plays as well.

Still we ran the ball very well blowing the defense off the ball and set up two FG but we failed to convert and that was the key to this game.

We make just 1 FG and we win.
 

Top