Pie-Rats @ Padres 9/22 - 9/24

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

rexy2006

Dec 17, 2005
San Diego
Pitching Matchup for Game One:

PIT: LHP Tom Gorzelanny (2-3, 3.62 ERA)
In seven of his nine starts, Gorzelanny has given up two runs or less.

SD: RHP Chris Young (10-5, 3.63 ERA)
The right-hander has not won at PETCO Park since June 27, a span of six starts.

Scouting Report:

Gorzelanny, who had been sidelined since Aug. 11 by left elbow tendinitis, looked sharp Saturday night at PNC Park in his first start in more than a month. The rookie southpaw limited the Mets to one run on four hits and two walks in four innings before exiting the game because he had reached a predetermined pitch count. Gorzelanny has been charged with just eight earned runs in 38 innings over his last six starts.

Young delivered six scoreless innings, yielding only one hit, against the Dodgers on Sunday, departing with a 1-0 lead that got away from the Padres. It was a strangely effective effort by Young, who twice dropped the ball in his delivery, once for a balk, and walked five while striking out four. Intensely competitive, he pitched through his command issues. Young hasn't lost in 23 consecutive road starts, surpassing by one Greg Maddux's run in 1997 and '98. But he's 4-5 at home, where he hasn't won since June 27 when he beat the A's with six shutout innings

Player to watch:tup:

Cameron has been providing the bulk of the Padres' offense in their last two wins, hitting a three-run home run on Tuesday and a two-run triple in Thursday's win.

:icon_banana: GO PADRES!!!:icon_banana:

Ex-Padres Xavier Nady and Joe Randa in the mix...

rexy2006

Dec 17, 2005
San Diego
The SD Mayor declared today "Friar Friday", officially.:tup:
People could wear Padre gear to work. If they had problems from their superiors, supposedly you could call the mayor to clear things up.Wonder if the mayor got any phone calls.
Heading downtown, goin' to the game...:icon_banana:

Go Padres! Go Trevor!

HollywoodLeo

Mar 13, 2006
i'm going to all three games this weekend.

I'll be in right field today, near the short porch

Johnny Lightning

Go Bolts
Feb 7, 2006
HollywoodLeo said:
i'm going to all three games this weekend.

I'll be in right field today, near the short porch
Way to suport the Padres HL.......................Bring us back a win :tup:

tboltzcali

Sep 14, 2005
pads up 3-0. hope trevor breaks the record. I bet espn doesnt recognize it as they should. They should have a big story on this.

Trumpet_Man

Feb 14, 2006
Holy shit who is this kid ? :icon_eek: :icon_toast: :icon_eek: :icon_toast: :icon_party:

HollywoodLeo

Mar 13, 2006
BFISA said:
...but so did the foogin dodgers!!
I called a friend on my way to the bar after the game who told me Arizona was winning 2-0 in the 8th...and then I get to the bar and find out LA had won 2-0.