• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

PFW: The way we heard it

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/default.htm?mode=afcwest

San Diego
With Roman Oben’s surgically repaired left foot still keeping him from a full-time practice schedule in late August, the Chargers’ OLT job is second-round pick Marcus McNeill’s to lose, despite breaking a bone in his left hand. The rookie supplanted Leander Jordan, who started nine games in place of Oben last season, on Aug. 21 after holding his own vs. a tough Bears defense in the second preseason game. “The part of it that is most appealing to us is that he has made consistent progress,” head coach Marty Schottenheimer said of McNeill. Better patience at the snap has been a big factor in allowing McNeill to keep his balance and anchor himself against the speed and power he’s seen thus far from pass rushers.

IMO, McNeill's progress is as important a factor as ANY for the Chargers' hopes this season.

If he's given some help from the tight ends, there's a good chance he'll be fine. But I have to admit, I'm holding my breath.