Peter King on the Chargers

  • Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

    afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

    Sign Up or

    Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
55,958
3,696
350
Stat of the Week
LaDainian Tomlinson, as if you didn't know this already, is truly an amazing football player. He tied Lance Alworth's team touchdown record (83) in the second game of his sixth season. Alworth had to play nine years to set the record. Tomlinson also became the 63rd player in NFL history to reach 10,000 career yards from scrimmage. To think he is only 27 years old, and shows no signs of slowing down as the centerpiece of a very good team's offense.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/peter_king/09/18/mmqb.9.18/3.html

He is crap right L, MTL, and Trumpy. You football mensas are ready to cut him right now, right? Thank god your not the GM...
 

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
55,958
3,696
350
7. I think a San Diego-Chicago Super Bowl is looking mighty enticing. Madison Avenue will love the aw-shucks Philip Rivers.
 

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
55,958
3,696
350
After just two weeks of the NFL's regular season, we hold these truths to be self-evident:

• Drew Brees was the prize among the available starting quarterbacks this offseason. Daunte Culpepper was not. You can't say I'm second-guessing you, Miami Dolphins, because I told you the same thing in March.

• Having all those great coaches in Washington hasn't exactly added up to a great coaching job thus far, has it? Talk about the whole being less than the sum of its parts.

• Philip Rivers and J.P. Losman aren't the third-year quarterbacks people should be concerned about. Ben Roethlisberger (zero touchdowns, two interceptions, 38.7 passer rating) is.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/don_banks/09/19/what.we.know/index.html
 

BFISA

Well-Known Member
Nov 16, 2005
41,136
2,142
350
Concudan said:
Stat of the Week
LaDainian Tomlinson, as if you didn't know this already, is truly an amazing football player. He tied Lance Alworth's team touchdown record (83) in the second game of his sixth season. Alworth had to play nine years to set the record. Tomlinson also became the 63rd player in NFL history to reach 10,000 career yards from scrimmage. To think he is only 27 years old, and shows no signs of slowing down as the centerpiece of a very good team's offense.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/peter_king/09/18/mmqb.9.18/3.html

He is crap right L, MTL, and Trumpy. You football mensas are ready to cut him right now, right? Thank god your not the GM...
Well, he does whiff on blitz blocking occaisionally. :icon_eek:

'Sides, I have it on good authority that he puts his pants on one pant leg atta time, which makes him no different from me!!:icon_mrgreen: :icon_toast:
 

Johnny Lightning

Go Bolts
Feb 7, 2006
22,974
1,669
350
This is funny......................:lol:

2. Chicago (2-0). I think, at some point right before training camp, Rex Grossman had an arm transplant from Dan Fouts.
 

Johnny Lightning

Go Bolts
Feb 7, 2006
22,974
1,669
350
Defensive Player of the Week
Aaron Kampman, DE, Green Bay. Sometimes great days get lost when teams get beat up on defense. But this one shouldn't. Kampman terrorized Drew Brees of the Saints, sacking him three times, and he added two forced fumbles and a fumble recovery. I could have given this award to the Buffalo defense, or to Trent Cole of the Eagles (before he had the stupid kicking penalty late in the Eagles' disastrous loss), or to Ed Reed of the Ravens, or to the Chargers for stifling the Titans, or to about six guys on the Bears. But Kampman was a monster in defeat.
 

Chargeroo

BoltTalker
Sep 19, 2006
198
43
110
84
Don't you think it says something about how great Lance Alworth was that his TD record lasted so long? I always thought he was great when he was playing but I'm not sure I realized back then just how great he was. We could probably say the same thing for many of todays fans regarding LT. I've even seen posts by some that think Turner is better. Will the young fans of today be looking back at LT's career in forty years and realizing that they've never had another back as good as LT, just as I can now say we've never had another WR as good as Alworth?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Shamrock

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
55,958
3,696
350
Chargeroo said:
Don't you think it says something about how great Lance Alworth was that his TD record lasted so long? I always thought he was great when he was playing but I'm not sure I realized back then just how great he was. We could probably say the same thing for many of todays fans regarding LT. I've even seen posts by some that think Turner is better. Will the young fans of today be looking back at LT's career in forty years and realizing that they've never had another back as good as LT, just as I can now say we've never had another WR as good as Alworth?
Absafrickenlootly!
 

BFISA

Well-Known Member
Nov 16, 2005
41,136
2,142
350
Chargeroo said:
Don't you think it says something about how great Lance Alworth was that his TD record lasted so long? I always thought he was great when he was playing but I'm not sure I realized back then just how great he was. We could probably say the same thing for many of todays fans regarding LT. I've even seen posts by some that think Turner is better. Will the young fans of today be looking back at LT's career in forty years and realizing that they've never had another back as good as LT, just as I can now say we've never had another WR as good as Alworth?
Hot damn, someone older than me!!:tup:

Welcome Sir!!:)

Uh...er...need help crossin the street??:icon_eek: :icon_mrgreen:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Shamrock
M

matilack

Guest
Concudan said:
Stat of the Week
LaDainian Tomlinson, as if you didn't know this already, is truly an amazing football player. He tied Lance Alworth's team touchdown record (83) in the second game of his sixth season. Alworth had to play nine years to set the record. Tomlinson also became the 63rd player in NFL history to reach 10,000 career yards from scrimmage. To think he is only 27 years old, and shows no signs of slowing down as the centerpiece of a very good team's offense.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/peter_king/09/18/mmqb.9.18/3.html

He is crap right L, MTL, and Trumpy. You football mensas are ready to cut him right now, right? Thank god your not the GM...

You know this disgusts me!!! Once a any player reaches a certain caliber people start ragging him for the tiniest things!!!. LT is by far the best RB in the National Football League. If he had Seattles Oline he would have had 2000 yds and 30TDS last year!!!

Lay off on the best asset we have just because hes not PERFECT!!
Without LT we would be in the trenches!!!!
 

Trumpet_Man

Well-Known Member
Feb 14, 2006
17,404
598
350
matilack said:
You know this disgusts me!!! Once a any player reaches a certain caliber people start ragging him for the tiniest things!!!. LT is by far the best RB in the National Football League. If he had Seattles Oline he would have had 2000 yds and 30TDS last year!!!

Lay off on the best asset we have just because hes not PERFECT!!
Without LT we would be in the trenches!!!!
Denver has shown you can put any dickhead at RB so long as you have good blocking.
 

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
55,958
3,696
350
Trumpet_Man said:
Denver has shown you can put any dickhead at RB so long as you have good blocking.
You really believe that? That must be why they are ripping it up so much.:tdown:

Love ya like a brother Trumpie, but ya know your a fool if you think what your posting here about LT and Denvers backs.
 

Trumpet_Man

Well-Known Member
Feb 14, 2006
17,404
598
350
Concudan said:
You really believe that? That must be why they are ripping it up so much.:tdown:

Love ya like a brother Trumpie, but ya know your a fool if you think what your posting here about LT and Denvers backs.

All I said about LT is he runs out of bounds (Walter Payton did not nor did Barry Sanders but Emmitt did) and LT blows it on some pass blocking at times - he gets lazy.

I have also said LT is the best back ever in the NFL.

Why is that so hard to assimilate ?

You like to go off on tangents like we don't want him but or he is the anti-christ. Stop hugging your LT doll so tightly and see the facts for what they are and if they make you go ouch - then oh well.

Denver has relied on a certain blocking scheme (cut backs) which has allowed a bunch of RB to look like the second coming of Jim Brown. This is no secret fans in Denver are wondering who their next 1,000 rusher will be because of the revolving door but they do have a blocking scheme which produces results.
 
M

matilack

Guest
Trumpet_Man said:
All I said about LT is he runs out of bounds (Walter Payton did not nor did Barry Sanders but Emmitt did) and LT blows it on some pass blocking at times - he gets lazy.

I have also said LT is the best back ever in the NFL.

Why is that so hard to assimilate ?

You like to go off on tangents like we don't want him but or he is the anti-christ. Stop hugging your LT doll so tightly and see the facts for what they are and if they make you go ouch - then oh well.

Denver has relied on a certain blocking scheme (cut backs) which has allowed a bunch of RB to look like the second coming of Jim Brown. This is no secret fans in Denver are wondering who their next 1,000 rusher will be because of the revolving door but they do have a blocking scheme which produces results.

Ya but how many teams have Olineman that have been in the league together as long as they have?
How many RB's can catch 100 passes and run 1600 yds?

Do u think Michael Turner is our Larry Johnson or something? And even if he is ill take Tomlinson over him.

And by the way ive seen RB lose carrers because they didnt just step out of bounds after a big play, I know it doesnt seem 'TOUGH' like something a man would do, but its safe and smart. He could also risk fumbling the ball. Sometimes brains beat out braun.
 

sdchrger

Well-Known Member
Dec 8, 2005
6,532
779
350
Trumpet_Man said:
Denver has shown you can put any dickhead at RB so long as you have good blocking.
Dude you are weaker than water.

Here let me use your dumbass logic.

The Ravens have proven that you can put any dickhead at QB (Dilfer)

The Rams have proven that you can win a SB with no defense.

The Ravens have proven that you can win a SB with no offense.

The Patriots have proven that you can win with no CB's

The Chiefs have proven that you can win with no WR's.

The Falcons have proven that you can win with no offensive line.

See how dumb you look.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Shamrock

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
55,958
3,696
350
Trumpet_Man said:
All I said about LT is he runs out of bounds (Walter Payton did not nor did Barry Sanders but Emmitt did) and LT blows it on some pass blocking at times - he gets lazy.

I have also said LT is the best back ever in the NFL.

Why is that so hard to assimilate ?

You like to go off on tangents like we don't want him but or he is the anti-christ. Stop hugging your LT doll so tightly and see the facts for what they are and if they make you go ouch - then oh well.

Denver has relied on a certain blocking scheme (cut backs) which has allowed a bunch of RB to look like the second coming of Jim Brown. This is no secret fans in Denver are wondering who their next 1,000 rusher will be because of the revolving door but they do have a blocking scheme which produces results.
No you said:
Trumpet_Man said:
LT is a pusssy compared to Michael "The Burner" Turner but it is just hard to post that with the LT is GOD contingent. Too many players get a free pass because of status.

Fuc that.

Produce or get the fuc off my field - yeah my field. :bolt:
and
Trumpet_Man said:
He just hates the fact LT pussess out and runs out of bounds instead of turning it upfield like Neal or Turner :yes:
I think this is some of the most silly posts I have seen. Denvers scheme also is not working this year. There might be some who would say that it is the scouts who pick the good backs, and not just Denver throwing some Tom, Dick or Harry in the back field and having success. I cant believe any knowledgable football fan would say such a thing.

You talk about others going off on tangents. You are the lord of the tangent. You hug on your Drew and LT dolls, crying and spanking them for not living up to your dreams...
 

Trumpet_Man

Well-Known Member
Feb 14, 2006
17,404
598
350
Concudan said:
No you said:


and


I think this is some of the most silly posts I have seen. Denvers scheme also is not working this year. There might be some who would say that it is the scouts who pick the good backs, and not just Denver throwing some Tom, Dick or Harry in the back field and having success. I cant believe any knowledgable football fan would say such a thing.

You talk about others going off on tangents. You are the lord of the tangent. You hug on your Drew and LT dolls, crying and spanking them for not living up to your dreams...
If you would read the posts then maybe you would not be so presumptive.

What is so hard to understand about what was posted. LT does not run through a player. LT runs out of bounds to save himself versus Turner or even Walter Payton.

What is silly is watching a back who has one man to beat who is usually a wimpy piece of defensive shiit and see him run out of bounds. No dude turn and hit the mother fuc-ker right in the chops. This is called football.

Whiffing on a blitz pick-up is not cool as well and LT has gotten caught napping but he gets the "free fan pass" just like you are trying to do and slant as some sort of demonization.

The dude pusses out in some phases of his game.....if that makes you go double ouch then get a bandaid.
 

WonderSlug

Well-Known Member
Sep 1, 2005
8,654
807
350
49
www.boltsplanet.com
Chispa said:
I said this last night in the podcast chat - but I was listening to some football sportswriter on the radio up here in SF yesterday - and he said the same thing. He was excited about the Chargers.

Edtited to add: He also said that they were one of the five teams he thought were most likely to go to the Super Bowl this year.
Too bad he couldn't have said that two months ago, before preseason. He would have been declared a Nostradamus.

Now he looks sort of like a "me-too" person. :unsure:
 

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
55,958
3,696
350
Trumpet_Man said:
If you would read the posts then maybe you would not be so presumptive.

What is so hard to understand about what was posted. LT does not run through a player. LT runs out of bounds to save himself versus Turner or even Walter Payton.

What is silly is watching a back who has one man to beat who is usually a wimpy piece of defensive shiit and see him run out of bounds. No dude turn and hit the mother fuc-ker right in the chops. This is called football.

Whiffing on a blitz pick-up is not cool as well and LT has gotten caught napping but he gets the "free fan pass" just like you are trying to do and slant as some sort of demonization.

The dude pusses out in some phases of his game.....if that makes you go double ouch then get a bandaid.
If you would stop for a moment and stop trying to be confrontational, you would realize that you are grosly over simplifying LTs play. GROSSLY!

You have never seen LT stiff arm his way through players? You have never seen LT carry defenders to the endzone? You have seen LT go up the middle, pushing piles? You have never seen LT go up the middle and come out the other side? You havent seen any of this.

Or are you just gaga over the bling bling that MT gets when it is late in the game. has a few good runs from Turner over flowed your memory buffers?

You want to say LT doesnt play physical, thats your take. But yoiur wrong. Now what cant you understand about that?
 

WonderSlug

Well-Known Member
Sep 1, 2005
8,654
807
350
49
www.boltsplanet.com
Johnny Lightning said:
This is funny......................:lol:

2. Chicago (2-0). I think, at some point right before training camp, Rex Grossman had an arm transplant from Dan Fouts.
It's funny that the Bears play against two patsies and they marvel at Rex Grossman infusing offense into the Bears, leaving out the 'wimpy opponents' statement.

Meanwhile, the Chargers have scored more points in two weeks than either the Bears or Ravens, and it's because we played crappy teams.

:icon_shrug:
 

Kitsune-udon

BoltTalker
Sep 17, 2006
153
3
90
41
WonderSlug said:
It's funny that the Bears play against two patsies and they marvel at Rex Grossman infusing offense into the Bears, leaving out the 'wimpy opponents' statement.

Meanwhile, the Chargers have scored more points in two weeks than either the Bears or Ravens, and it's because we played crappy teams.

:icon_shrug:

To quote Rodney Dangerfield: No respect!
 

AnteaterRaider

Carpe Diem et omni Mundio
Staff member
Super Moderator
Podcaster
Jan 19, 2006
18,915
1,825
350
San Diego, CA
WonderSlug said:
It's funny that the Bears play against two patsies and they marvel at Rex Grossman infusing offense into the Bears, leaving out the 'wimpy opponents' statement.

Meanwhile, the Chargers have scored more points in two weeks than either the Bears or Ravens, and it's because we played crappy teams.

:icon_shrug:
its called "SAN DIEGO"
nuff said
 

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
55,958
3,696
350
Two forced turnovers on defense and two LaDainian Tomlinson touchdowns propelled the Chargers to their second win of the season, a 40-7 victory over the Tennessee Titans in their home opener.

Game Notes

LaDainian Tomlinson became the 63rd player in NFL history to surpass 10,000 career yards from scrimmage in today’s game…he did so on a five-yard run on a second-and-fourth play with 2:11 remaining in the second quarter.
Tomlinson scored two touchdowns today, his 17th-career multi-touchdown game and first since Nov. 27, 2005 at Washington.
Tomlinson scored two touchdowns today to tie Lance Alworth’s team record with 83 career touchdowns…Tomlinson did it in his sixth season (2001-06)…it took Alworth nine seasons (1962-1970) to set the mark.
Keenan McCardell caught five passes today to raise his career receptions total to 831…in doing so, he moved past Larry Centers (827) and into ninth place on the NFL’s all-time receiving yards list.
McCardell had 58 yards receiving to increase his career total to 10,756…today, he moved past Stanley Morgan (10,716) and into 18th place on the NFL’s all-time receiving yardage list.
Michael Turner rushed for 138 yards today, his second-career 100-yard game…included in his day was a 73-yard run in the fourth quarter, tying for the seventh-longest run from scrimmage in team history.
Nate Kaeding tied his career high today with four field goals…he was 4-for-4 today…his other four field goal game was a 4-for-4 effort at Indianapolis on Dec. 18, 2005.
Vincent Jackson caught his first-career touchdown pass today, a 12-yard catch in the fourth quarter.
When the Tennessee Titans scored a touchdown today in the fourth quarter, it ended a team-record string of seven consecutive quarters without allowing a point.
In the last two games, the Chargers have only allowed seven points (0 at Oakland and 7 vs. Tennessee)…it’s their fewest points allowed in a two-game stretch since 1986 when the Bolts allowed a total of three points in consecutive games (3 at Indianapolis and 0 at Houston).
In the last two games, the Chargers have held their opponents to 347 total yards (129 at Oakland and 218 vs. Tennessee)…it’s the fewest the team has allowed in a two-game stretch since the first two games of the 2002 season when the Bolts surrendered 321 yards (203 at Cincinnati and 118 vs. Houston)…the team record for fewest yards allowed in a two-game stretch was set in 1961 when the Bolts held consecutive opponents to 260 total yards (202 at the New York Jets and 58 at Oakland).
Today, seven of Tennessee’s 12 possessions lasted three plays or less…five of the seven ended in punts, one ended on an interception after two plays and another ended after one play at the end of the first half…in the first two games, San Diego’s defense has forced their opponents off the field in three plays or less 14 times in 23 total drives.
Nine different Chargers players had catches today…the last time the Chargers had at least nine different players with a catch was Sept. 24, 2000 against Seattle.
The Chargers had 235 yards passing and 241 yards rushing today…it’s the first time the since Nov. 23, 1969 that the Chargers have had at least 235 yards passing and rushing in the same game…the Bolts passed for 235 yards and rushed for 235 yards against Denver Nov. 23, 1969.
In two games this season, the Chargers offensive line has not allowed a sack or turned the ball over.
The Chargers reported two minor injuries from today’s game: wide receiver Keenan McCardell (hamstring) and guard Mike Goff (groin).
 

Chargeroo

BoltTalker
Sep 19, 2006
198
43
110
84
BFISA said:
Hot damn, someone older than me!!:tup:

Welcome Sir!!:)

Uh...er...need help crossin the street??:icon_eek: :icon_mrgreen:
Bless you son, I'd appreciate it. I just had knee surgery a week ago today.

How'd he know? :lol:
 

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
55,958
3,696
350
Chargeroo said:
Bless you son, I'd appreciate it. I just had knee surgery a week ago today.

How'd he know? :lol:
Arthroscopic or invasive? Get better man...:tup:
 

Chargeroo

BoltTalker
Sep 19, 2006
198
43
110
84
Concudan said:
Arthroscopic or invasive? Get better man...:tup:
Just arthroscopic and it's healing fast. I told him just make sure I can make to the game in San Francisco on Oct. 15.