Patriots Thread

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gill Man

Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Brady to Brown!!!!!!!! TD!!!!!!!!:laugh:

Reactions: SDRay

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
NBC must hate this. Damn "rules".

NFL players needed to be on an active roster by 4:00 p.m. Saturday to play in this weekend's season openers, so Brown won't play against his old team, the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday night. He's most likely to get his first action against the Miami Dolphins on September 15. The deal reportedly can't be signed until Monday.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
AB never wanted to be in Oak so all his antics were part of the plan for the get go to get traded or released.

Once again the Patriots work the system. Sad that the Raiders had to give up picks for nothing in order for the Pats to get the guy. Funny the the Steelers end up getting screwed anyway lololol. Sorry Harry, Steelers and anyone else with SB aspirations this year are out of luck now. GO BRADY! GO PATS. GO BROWN! GO BELLICHEK!. And to think I used to absolutely HATE that team LMAO. See what dumbass Dean did?:laugh::p:D

• Haha
Reactions: ThunderHorse17

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Once again the Patriots work the system. Sad that the Raiders had to give up picks for nothing in order for the Pats to get the guy. Funny the the Steelers end up getting screwed anyway lololol. Sorry Harry, Steelers and anyone else with SB aspirations this year are out of luck now. GO BRADY! GO PATS. GO BROWN! GO BELLICHEK!. And to think I used to absolutely HATE that team LMAO. See what dumbass Dean did?:laugh::p:D
Well, I think AB will get suspended some games this year as Goodell is itching to get the League's image back
In line and the other owners probably think there was tampering. And AB will give Roger some very easy, easy opportunities.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Work the system. You mean tampering? Sure. That's okay.

Owner has a sex charge? W'll get our own “facts.” And maybe some year, he'll get a fine.

It's a Club. Members only.

Reactions: SDRay

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Work the system. You mean tampering? Sure. That's okay.

Owner has a sex charge? W'll get our own “facts.” And maybe some year, he'll get a fine.

It's a Club. Members only.

You think that's bad? Deanie the Weanie would try to negotiate with the prostitute and see if he could get a freebie, or next to free....same deal as in LA....1 dollar a year.

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
Yup.

Don’t feel bad for any of the owners.

They are all trying to game the system in and out of football.

Patriots just happen to be the best at it.

Reactions: SDRay and Gill Man

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Yup.

Don’t feel bad for any of the owners.

They are all trying to game the system in and out of football.

Patriots just happen to be the best at it.
I totally agree. But this is as clear as possible case of tampering there is. And yes, the Patriots are a step ahead of everyone else and that is hurting the League, every other team feels/knows they are not in any real competition. Look, the Baseball Yankees were doing this for years, dominating records, grabbing players, and all the playoffs. Baseball knew they had to get/force things back to being competitive or lose the fans.

The NFL wants Cleveland to get better, they want Atlanta to win, for the Raiders to return.
Patriots, Patriots, Patriots is great for NE but lousy for the League. First, Deano is not what I'm talking about. NE could lose six games in a row and still rout (forever) the Chuggers. Chuggers need a new QB, and a new front office to even give NÉ an ounce of trouble. It’s everyone else.
Patriots stealing another good player? The Comissioner is weak, the owners and money are ruining this game.
High PSL, no competition, No appeal to me.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
I totally agree. But this is as clear as possible case of tampering there is. And yes, the Patriots are a step ahead of everyone else and that is hurting the League, every other team feels/knows they are not in any real competition. Look, the Baseball Yankees were doing this for years, dominating records, grabbing players, and all the playoffs. Baseball knew they had to get/force things back to being competitive or lose the fans.

The NFL wants Cleveland to get better, they want Atlanta to win, for the Raiders to return.
Patriots, Patriots, Patriots is great for NE but lousy for the League. First, Deano is not what I'm talking about. NE could lose six games in a row and still rout (forever) the Chuggers. Chuggers need a new QB, and a new front office to even give NÉ an ounce of trouble. It’s everyone else.
Patriots stealing another good player? The Comissioner is weak, the owners and money are ruining this game.
High PSL, no competition, No appeal to me.
I’m kinda glad the Pats are gaming the system. They stock up to further pound the Chuggers while burning down the nfl in the process. Win/Win!

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
I’m kinda glad the Pats are gaming the system. They stock up to further pound the Chuggers while burning down the nfl in the process. Win/Win!
LOLOLOL. Agree fully. Harry needs to be sent to a reeducation camp Chinese style. :laugh::roflmao:

• Haha
Reactions: Fender57

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Is there free parking?
oh my yes there is, in fact they will transport you there in a limo Harry. Enjoy your last luxury ride. lolz.

PS....the Chinese aren't cheap bastards like Dean and will not be charging you 100.00 to park for your reeducation.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
oh my yes there is, in fact they will transport you there in a limo Harry. Enjoy your last luxury ride. lolz.

PS....the Chinese aren't cheap bastards like Dean and will not be charging you 100.00 to park for your reeducation.

I can read.. I mean, I can red.
012D72CE-DE26-47A2-B4CE-0976F973BB7F.jpeg

Reactions: Gill Man

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
Rob Gronkowski says he had CTE but 'fixed' it

Rob Gronkowski suffered a number of significant injuries during his NFL career, and many of them were to his head. Concussions and head trauma have become sensitive topics across the football world in recent years with more being learned about CTE, but Gronk says the condition is curable.

Gronkowski surprised some people this week when he said he would allow his son to play football if he had one. The former New England Patriots tight end retired at the age of 29 because his body broke down, but he told Reena Ninan of CBS News that he wouldn’t mind his son playing football because “any injury you receive is fixable.”

Gronk didn’t specifically mention the degenerative brain disease known as chronic traumatic encephalopathy, or CTE. However, he estimated that he sustained 20 concussions while playing football, and CTE expert Chris Nowinski commended Gronkowski for talking about it but said CTE “cannot be fixed.” Gronk disagreed and said he is living proof that “it is fixable.”

There is still a lot to learn about CTE, but at the moment it can only formally be diagnosed after an autopsy. While scans could determine if Gronkowski’s brain has any signs that are consistent with those of CTE patients, there’s no way to tell for sure if he suffers from it or did at one point.

Gronkowski is endorsing a new product that he swears has changed his life, but we doubt he has much evidence to support his claim that CTE and brain damage can be “fixed.” That’s probably a subject he needs to learn more about before making those types of claims.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
Rob Gronkowski says he had CTE but 'fixed' it

Rob Gronkowski suffered a number of significant injuries during his NFL career, and many of them were to his head. Concussions and head trauma have become sensitive topics across the football world in recent years with more being learned about CTE, but Gronk says the condition is curable.

Gronkowski surprised some people this week when he said he would allow his son to play football if he had one. The former New England Patriots tight end retired at the age of 29 because his body broke down, but he told Reena Ninan of CBS News that he wouldn’t mind his son playing football because “any injury you receive is fixable.”

Gronk didn’t specifically mention the degenerative brain disease known as chronic traumatic encephalopathy, or CTE. However, he estimated that he sustained 20 concussions while playing football, and CTE expert Chris Nowinski commended Gronkowski for talking about it but said CTE “cannot be fixed.” Gronk disagreed and said he is living proof that “it is fixable.”

There is still a lot to learn about CTE, but at the moment it can only formally be diagnosed after an autopsy. While scans could determine if Gronkowski’s brain has any signs that are consistent with those of CTE patients, there’s no way to tell for sure if he suffers from it or did at one point.

Gronkowski is endorsing a new product that he swears has changed his life, but we doubt he has much evidence to support his claim that CTE and brain damage can be “fixed.” That’s probably a subject he needs to learn more about before making those types of claims.
Let’s see who should we believe, a PH.d, or a numbskull who spent virtually his whole life taking blows to the head?

Reactions: Concudan

ThunderHorse17

Lone Wolf
Apr 10, 2010
Missouri
Let’s see who should we believe, a PH.d, or a numbskull who spent virtually his whole life taking blows to the head?
Going by his comments, he had some Eastern medical practices, or he had one good acid/mushroom trip. Which has recently been cited as a effective medication for treating severe brain illnesses.

Hope he's right and he found HIS cure, but I hope he's got enough braincells left to stay retired. He could be a Peyton Manning like personality on a football show for sure. He's a funny goofball, like a new Terry Bradshaw we can watch games with til he's old and balding but refusing to shave the last ring of hair. Well if nfl football is still on the rise profit wise.

I gotta tweak the antenna and get the HS football game on. 2 hours full broadcast! And man, some of these *kids* are 6 3 and near 200 lbs. It's football and it's so much more pure football.

I'm glad Missouri is a big football hub. I got like 25-30 teams to find my favorites.

My school didn't have and still doesn't have a football team. So I always liked the California Pintos as I had cousins who went there. At the time they were dominant. When we were in HS, they were the champs.

Rant over.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
Undefeated again??????

EYE, for one, hope so. A big middle finger FU to the spanoses and also to the other league owners and Roger Goodell.
A true undefeated season culminating in a Super Bowl victory would be the perfect complimentary accomplishment to the greatest franchise in NFL history - Bill Belichick’s Patriots.

Reactions: Gill Man

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
A true undefeated season culminating in a Super Bowl victory would be the perfect complimentary accomplishment to the greatest franchise in NFL history - Bill Belichick’s Patriots.
It's funny when you think about the fact that dean spanos is still trying to just get BACK to the SB after 25 years LOLOLOLOLOL. Maybe he needs some happy endings like Robert Kraft. ;):p:D

wrbanwal

Dec 27, 2005
I read somewhere that every team received 270 million EACH last year. Something tells me there are 31 other teams that don’t give a shiit about winning a super bowl

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Commissioner....there is a wild imbalance in your League.
Drop the geographical home team b.s. which you haven't cared about for years, and
Have a floating Division for each Conference. Teams that had say six wins or less would qualify for their Conference
(We'll call them the Blue and Red Divisions.). So next year Miami, Bengals, Jags, and Jets get into that Blue Division. Better teams take their former slots. Now the winner of the Blue Division qualifies for (expanded?) playoffs and teams in those Divisions won't tank during the season, with always a chance to make the playoffs.

Last edited:

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
Commissioner....there is a wild imbalance in your League.
Drop the geographical home team b.s. which you haven't cared about for years, and
Have a floating Division for each Conference. Teams that had say six wins or kess would qualify for their Conference
(We'll call them the Blue and Red Divisions.). So next year Miami, Bengals, Jags, and Jets get into that Blue Division. Better teams take their former slots. Now the winner of the Blue Division qualifies for (expanded?) playoffs and teams in those Divisions won't tank during the season, with always a chance to make the playoffs.
A couple of thoughts about that.

1) Just because a team is bad one year doesn’t necessarily mean they’ll be bad the next year.

2) Even if they are bad after being demoted to the Blue Division, does anyone really want to see the 6-10 Miami Dolphins in the playoffs by virtue of playing in an artificially enhanced weaker division?

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017

1) Just because a team is bad one year doesn’t necessarily mean they’ll be bad the next year.

2) Even if they are bad after being demoted to the Blue Division, does anyone really want to see the 6-10 Miami Dolphins in the playoffs by virtue of playing in an artificially enhanced weaker division?
1. I disagree with #1. Bengals, Jets, Bucs, Jags, Dolphins, have year after year not been competitive. The one year that 'bad team makes good year' (see Jags) is rare. Plus if Jags are great as they were in 2017...they win the Blue Division and get in.

2. The Dolphins fan might be interested as well as the 'others' in that Division. It's not an artificially weaken Division, the teams are by themselves weak teams. But put them together, it's fair competition and more watchable. Now a Broncos team that is 6-6 might be 1 game away from a Jets team of 7-6.

3. When... and they will...expand the playoffs you automatically lower the entry level point.

4. Think back when the Chuggers would be having a late season run and they are now 8-7, still three games out of first. The fans would follow the Chuggers, as a 'ticket to the dance' would keep the team fans in it and the owners from, hopefully, tanking on the fans.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017

The TV ratings number will demand a change.