• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Padres trade for Russell Branyan.

rexy2006

HollywoodLeo said:
Traded minor league pitcher Evan Meek and either PTBNL or cash to Tampa for Russell Branyan.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/padres/20060824-1929-bbo-padres-devilraystrade.html

I'm not too excited about this move, just another Mark Bellhorn with a bit more power, really.
Couldnt they have thrown in Belldork, his extremely weak average and a bag of stale chips? Belldork cant hit the side of a barn if it hit him first. He is not even sniffing the Mendoza Line right now. He just stands there like an eediot and strikes out...:tdown:

Thanks for the news, anywho...

rexy2006

we dopnt need another OF.

we are cramped there as it is.

dave roberts has been the ****, and if they decide not to keep him, then they got the stud ben johnson waiting in the wings.

wth are they gonna put russell frickin branyan?

we need a hot 3B, not a mediocre OF...

HollywoodLeo

Branyan can play third base.

hopefully he replaces Bellhorn.

If he does, although I won't be excited, I'll actually somewhat like the move.

AnteaterRaider

Carpe Diem et omni Mundio
Staff member
Super Moderator
Podcaster
last i heard this guy was batting .208 and had 6hrs and a shitload of strikeouts

Mark Bellhorn version 2.0 anyone?

rexy2006

PostAnteaterCharger said:
he's already on the main club? then who is going? Bellhorn?
I REALLY hope so. I just looked at the Padre's website 25-man roster and count 26. Looks like they have to decide by Friday sometime...

Looking everywhere for who is goin down, havent found who yet...:icon_huh:

rexy2006

From cbssportsline.com wire reports 8/24/06:

The Padres were off Thursday and will have to make a corresponding move on Friday before adding Branyan to the roster. He is expected to join the Padres in time for the start of a series at Colorado.

Branyan signed with Tampa Bay as a minor league free agent during the offseason after hitting .257 with 12 homers and 31 RBI in 85 games last year with Milwaukee.

"San Diego is a great place," Branyan said. "I know a couple of the players over there. They have some good quality individuals. I'm looking forward to going over there and being part of the team."

rexy2006 said:
I REALLY hope so. I just looked at the Padre's website 25-man roster and count 26. Looks like they have to decide by Friday sometime...

Looking everywhere for who is goin down, havent found who yet...:icon_huh:
please dump belhorn

rexy2006

compubolt said:
please dump belhorn
If I could be GM for a second, I would release Blowhorn without a moment's hesitation...

Branyan's jersey number at Tampa Bay was 29, which is Josh Barfield's current number.