Padres Suck!!

  • Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

    afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

    Sign Up or

    Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
M

matilack

Guest
just when LA starts to get hot, the Padres crap down their own leg.
 

rexy2006

Well-Known Member
Dec 17, 2005
10,218
1,794
350
San Diego
matilack said:
just when LA starts to get hot, the Padres crap down their own leg.
LA improved themselves, the Padres stayed pat.

Greene just went on the DL, so we may have to put up with 2+ weeks of Blum at SS. Oy. So-so D and O.

Walker is improving at 3B. Blowhorn cant hit the side of a barn. Even if the barn hit him.
 

WonderSlug

Well-Known Member
Sep 1, 2005
8,654
807
350
49
www.boltsplanet.com
rexy2006 said:
LA improved themselves, the Padres stayed pat.

Greene just went on the DL, so we may have to put up with 2+ weeks of Blum at SS. Oy. So-so D and O.

Walker is improving at 3B. Blowhorn cant hit the side of a barn. Even if the barn hit him.
Oh, injuries.

Wasn't there also a trade in the last few weeks?


I was wondering why the Pads' train wheels just fell off over the past month.
 

rexy2006

Well-Known Member
Dec 17, 2005
10,218
1,794
350
San Diego
WonderSlug said:
Oh, injuries.

Wasn't there also a trade in the last few weeks?


I was wondering why the Pads' train wheels just fell off over the past month.
We got 2B Walker to play 3B. Sorta counts. Not really.

There are some good players and pitchers to build around. The pieces arent there right now.

There wont be many good 3B FA available at the end of the season. We will have Klesko's and Chan Ho's money to do something with. And they'd better!

A big problem has been Gile's lack of hitting. Not to mention I think Cameron is playing distracted for some reason...
 

WonderSlug

Well-Known Member
Sep 1, 2005
8,654
807
350
49
www.boltsplanet.com
rexy2006 said:
We got 2B Walker to play 3B. Sorta counts. Not really.

There are some good players and pitchers to build around. The pieces arent there right now.

There wont be many good 3B FA available at the end of the season. We will have Klesko's and Chan Ho's money to do something with. And they'd better!

A big problem has been Gile's lack of hitting. Not to mention I think Cameron is playing distracted for some reason...
How are Roberts and Piazza doing?

I haven't really followed the Padres since Chargers (and many NFL teams) TC started. :icon_wink:
 

BFISA

Well-Known Member
Nov 16, 2005
41,136
2,142
350
WonderSlug said:
How are Roberts and Piazza doing?

I haven't really followed the Padres since Chargers (and many NFL teams) TC started. :icon_wink:
They're doin well.

I don't share the thread starters opinion, but he;s entitled to it. The Pads are goin thru a rough stretch right now...evry team does. Lets not forget that jes prior to the fuggin dodgers'resurgence, they had gone thru stretches of 8 consecutive losses twice.

Its alittle early to be bailin on this team, IMHO. Hell, in any other season, the Pads' fans'd be ecstatic tabe this close to 1st place in the NL West this late in the season.

Jes my .02.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Concudan

AnteaterRaider

Carpe Diem et omni Mundio
Staff member
Super Moderator
Podcaster
Jan 19, 2006
18,917
1,827
350
San Diego, CA
Still there are some holes to fill in on hte team but I mean 3/4 of the infield are set, 3/5 of the rotation, four or so bullpen spots (Hoffman, Linebrink, Cassidy and Meridith), we have a young gun ready to take over an outfield spot, a hard hitting vet with two good backups at catcher (one, Bard, I think would make a great catcher of the future) and we have one of the best CF in hte game today. What's needed? A 3B, maybe a LF, maybe one starter (Mike Thompson should be a full time pitcher next year along with Hensley, Young and Peavy) and a few extra relievers. Compare that to 2003 or even last year and lets be realistic, this is a good team.
 

BFISA

Well-Known Member
Nov 16, 2005
41,136
2,142
350
PostAnteaterCharger said:
Still there are some holes to fill in on hte team but I mean 3/4 of the infield are set, 3/5 of the rotation, four or so bullpen spots (Hoffman, Linebrink, Cassidy and Meridith), we have a young gun ready to take over an outfield spot, a hard hitting vet with two good backups at catcher (one, Bard, I think would make a great catcher of the future) and we have one of the best CF in hte game today. What's needed? A 3B, maybe a LF, maybe one starter (Mike Thompson should be a full time pitcher next year along with Hensley, Young and Peavy) and a few extra relievers. Compare that to 2003 or even last year and lets be realistic, this is a good team.
word
 

BFISA

Well-Known Member
Nov 16, 2005
41,136
2,142
350
Niceta see the Pads fans linin up and cheerin on the Marine recruits as the depart Petco...very classy!!:) :icon_toast: