Padres new unis

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gill Man

Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Like the new unis quite a bit.....the only problem I have with em is the thick brown strip down the side of the tan pants, the ones Hosmer is wearing. Yuk. Stupid look IMO. Not sure what the hell that is. They look like they belong on a effing bellhop :laugh: :D :tup: They shoulda just put pinstripes on those pants or something if they had to have stipes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
Like the new unis quite a bit.....the only problem I have with em is the thick brown strip down the side of the tan pants, the ones Hosmer is wearing. Yuk. Stupid look IMO. Not sure what the hell that is. They look like they belong on a effing bellhop :laugh: :D :tup: They shoulda just put pinstripes on those pants or something if they had to have stipes.
Unless you're the Bengals or Uncle Sam, don't wear stripes.

TTK

EX-Charger Fan
Jul 30, 2007
I really don't care for the pants untucked look like Manny, Tatis and Hosmer displayed. I much prefer the Paddack and Urias look. So clean and more athletic looking to me.

Reactions: Fender57

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
I really don't care for the pants untucked look like Manny, Tatis and Hosmer displayed. I much prefer the Paddack and Urias look. So clean and more athletic looking to me.
The pendulum is swinging back. Really cool to see the stirrups coming back like Paddack sports.

Savage Lizard

FORMER Charger fan at 7000'
Jul 12, 2007
Big Bear Lake, CA
www.savagelizard.com
Overall I like them.

I never cared for blue and white because there are a bunch of blue/white variations in MLB. Brown is not my favorite color, but it gives the team their own identity, and pays tribute to past Padres teams/players. I love the old school Friar!

Pinstripes? You say that word and the first thing that comes to mind is the Yankees. Yeah, other teams wear them, the Padres have had them in the past. Right, wrong, whatever, in a lot of people's minds pinstripes = Yankees. I would have preferred no pinstripes.

At least nobody did anything REALLY stupid like putting the Friar upside down.

But as stated, overall I like them. Let's just hope the change coincides with an improved product on the field.

Gill Man

Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Overall I like them.

I never cared for blue and white because there are a bunch of blue/white variations in MLB. Brown is not my favorite color, but it gives the team their own identity, and pays tribute to past Padres teams/players. I love the old school Friar!

Pinstripes? You say that word and the first thing that comes to mind is the Yankees. Yeah, other teams wear them, the Padres have had them in the past. Right, wrong, whatever, in a lot of people's minds pinstripes = Yankees. I would have preferred no pinstripes.

At least nobody did anything REALLY stupid like putting the Friar upside down.

But as stated, overall I like them. Let's just hope the change coincides with an improved product on the field.
yeah biggest thing is improved product on the field and the manager, not the uniforms. If they continue playing like last year the effing uniforms mean nothing.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
yeah biggest thing is improved product on the field and the manager, not the uniforms. If they continue playing like last year the effing uniforms mean nothing.
I went to the unveiling ceremony and they had Tingler come out to address the crowd with his canned comments and softball questions from the announce team. He appeared really nervous and there was sweat beading around his bald head - it was a chilly night BTW.