Padres Ditch Spring Training “Swastika” Hats

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
Hmmmm...without prompting, I don't think I'd have seen a swastika, there...
Same here. But now I can't unsee it. Too bad. I've always wanted the Swinging Friar on the hat. It is the coolest logo in MLB. The interlocking SD is too Yankee. I would rather see San Diego on the shirt.

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Same here. But now I can't unsee it. Too bad. I've always wanted the Swinging Friar on the hat. It is the coolest logo in MLB. The interlocking SD is too Yankee. I would rather see San Diego on the shirt.
Yeah I like the swinging friar too. Maybe if they can't win at baseball they can be good swingers LOLOLOLOL. Seriously, all they had to do was simplify the damn logo and get the SD out of the way and folks wouldn't be imagining a swastika. BTW had no idea the padres were swinging at the missions. Who woulda thunk? LOL

Reactions: Quetzalcoatl

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
They have another official cap called the “clubhouse cap”, it’s the cap they’re supposed to wear in the locker room and press conferences, but nobody recalls when they were ever worn by players and coaches in an official capacity. That said, the Padres clubhouse cap is this, I don’t see why this couldn’t replace the swastika cap as the batting practice cap.

9B9F6E70-2F97-4ED5-A4F7-E2A3A5B32E79.jpeg

Reactions: Quetzalcoatl

Gill Man

Inaugural SAN DIEGO Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
They have another official cap called the “clubhouse cap”, it’s the cap they’re supposed to wear in the locker room and press conferences, but nobody recalls when they were ever worn by players and coaches in an official capacity. That said, the Padres clubhouse cap is this, I don’t see why this couldn’t replace the swastika cap as the batting practice cap.

View attachment 7172
I don't know, I can imagine a penis and scrotal sac. Better leave it in the clubhouse.

• Haha
Reactions: Fender57