Padres 2019 game day thread

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
That a bunch of Padre fans went up to pay tribute to Franmil in Anaheim on a home game night speaks volumes. Total eff up by this team's management. You do NOT trade away fan favorites like that. And I think it's no accident the team batting has cooled off. He wasn't just a fan favorite but also a player favorite. Dumbass move.

I haven't been paying any attention since that and the loss of Tatis to injury. How are we doing since Franmil left in the W-L column and in the standings? And how is Franmil's average now. I know initially for about a month he was suckage. But even IF he's not doing what he was here, it's likely because of chemistry. Being happy is sort of important wouldn't one think? Is there a happiness or chemisry statistic that sabremetrics has I don't know about? do greenjeans and preller use that statistic too just like all the others? WTF man. Eff it. I want my Mole back. That night he sang to the crowd was magical. Now look, fans are choosing to drive to OC instead of going to a home game. lolz. Way to go Padres.
Franmil has 7HR in Cleveland and is hitting something like .238. He had something like 27 RBI so he’s doing better there (he had like 44 here). This is a case where both the player and team suffered.

Gill Man

Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Franmil has 7HR in Cleveland and is hitting something like .238. He had something like 27 RBI so he’s doing better there (he had like 44 here). This is a case where both the player and team suffered.
he loved SD. SD loved him. Stupid trade. Unless that prospect turns into a tremendous player AND at the same time is the locker room catalyst that Franmil was, well it was a bad deal.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
he loved SD. SD loved him. Stupid trade. Unless that prospect turns into a tremendous player AND at the same time is the locker room catalyst that Franmil was, well it was a bad deal.
I really don’t see a defensive spot for Franmil but Carmelo Martinez was a bad fielder in 1984 (a first baseman forced to play OF because we had Garvey) but Dick Williams had the brains and courage to stick him out there every day and force him to get better at his trade. They should’ve tried to somehow make it work. We had our own bash brothers and we diffused it before it even got off the ground. And if they had to move him they needed to get something great in return. We supposedly have the best pipeline in MLB, why did we have to hastily add one more?

Reactions: Gill Man and TTK

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
wow. Interesting. That's the thing....this year they never put it all together at one time on offense. A couple of guys would get hot, the others languish, then those couple of guys would cool off and another guy or two get hot. They gotta get consistency across the board.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Agree I'm hoping Green is gone next year......I just think a veteran presence is needed there..but not sure who. New manageer and some new players maybe gets things fired up again. We lost the mojo from earlier in the year. Still upset Mole is gone......at least he was a fan favorite and brought some fun to the game.