Padres 2019 game day thread

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
Thought I’d start a thread to talk Padres games during this season. What a start with a great win. Wil Myers was stellar, not only with his HR, he also made two great defensive plays in LF and even when he booted one Manny was there to bail him out. Tatis went 2-3 off Bumgarner and a great win for the Pads. Andy Green made all the right moves. I am hopeful.

Padres 2
Gnats 0

Reactions: Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
Thought I’d start a thread to talk Padres games during this season. What a start with a great win. Wil Myers was stellar, not only with his HR, he also made two great defensive plays in LF and even when he booted one Manny was there to bail him out. Tatis went 2-3 off Bumgarner and a great win for the Pads. Andy Green made all the right moves. I am hopeful.

Padres 2
Gnats 0
Yea. Wil the Thril. That's the guy I said we needed to cut due to his shit attitude being bad for our young players. I still think I am right, but, so far, I am glad I am wrong. Winning seems to adjust tudes. Let's hope today wasn't a fluke for our pitching staff.

Side question - why did we pull our starter after only 70 pitches?

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
They need Allen to have more than 20 starts.

I don’t think they will let him go 7 til June.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
Yea. Wil the Thril. That's the guy I said we needed to cut due to his **** attitude being bad for our young players. I still think I am right, but, so far, I am glad I am wrong. Winning seems to adjust tudes. Let's hope today wasn't a fluke for our pitching staff.

Side question - why did we pull our starter after only 70 pitches?
I wanted Wil traded after they acquired Hosmer but so far he seems to be a great compliment to the team they’ve basically built around him. He claims to have shed a bunch of muscle and the theory being he’s faster and maybe less injury prone. We shall see.

They pulled Lauer because he only pitched 10 innings in spring and Green is big into sabermetrics. I’ll refrain from saying much about that since they won but Machado bailed his azz out with that great play in the 7th after Wil dropped the fly ball.

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
I wanted Wil traded after they acquired Hosmer but so far he seems to be a great compliment to the team they’ve basically built around him. He claims to have shed a bunch of muscle and the theory being he’s faster and maybe less injury prone. We shall see.

They pulled Lauer because he only pitched 10 innings in spring and Green is big into sabermetrics. I’ll refrain from saying much about that since they won but Machado bailed his azz out with that great play in the 7th after Wil dropped the fly ball.
How about that Wil throw to second. That was sic. Sic as fuc.

I think, when discussing Wil Myers, we need to drop ending consonants that don't make sounds.

Wil and the pitching staf played some good bal.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
How about that Wil throw to second. That was sic. Sic as fuc.

I think, when discussing Wil Myers, we need to drop ending consonants that don't make sounds.

Wil and the pitching staf played some good bal.
That thro was awesom. Very clos play to. At first I thought he was saf but it did appear th tag was applied on th sleeve a hair befor th runner got to the bas.

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
That thro was awesom. Very clos play to. At first I thought he was saf but it did appear th tag was applied on th sleeve a hair befor th runner got to the bas.
Oka. You dropped mor than just silent consonants, so I gues ther ar fewer rules.

Uncl Teddy described Wil's pla just lik you did.

Reactions: Fender57

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
Pads up 2-0 after two innings tonight. Tatis with a shot off the center field wall for a double. Green’s first miscue this year, Margot tagged from first and was called out at second. Replays clearly showed he was safe but he chose not to challenge.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
Hedges calling a great game behind the plate tonight. Crappy offensively but he’s solid behind the dish.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
Pads win 4-1. Shaky 9th, Giants loaded the bases but Yates survived, mainly behind two straight badly called 3rd strikes by the home plate ump but we’ll take it.

Kinsler hit a HR. Manny got two hits.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
Pads lost tonight 3-2. They left a lot of guys on base tonight. Manny looks like he’s pressing. Mejia was in for Hedges at catcher. Franchy in Center and Renfrie in RF tonight. Paddack on the hill tomorrow.

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
Their first two wins were due to timely hitting in the right situation, but yes, I’m general they seem to be slumping, especially Manny.
We won the first two games due to giving one run in 18 innings. I am guessing, by the end of the year, the situation will have reversed. Our hitting should be better than our pitching.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
I expect the offense to click soon. The pitching has held out quite well. Paddack was great today.

Reactions: SDRay

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
The Giants are always scrappy tough under Bochy. If they can take today’s game it will be huge.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
Pads win 3-1, take three out of four. Great start to the season!

Tomorrow Matt Strahm starts. They were talking to Eric Lauer on Friday and he said Strahm eats 12-18 raw eggs a day, Rocky-style.

Last edited:
Reactions: SDRay

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
One thing to note: Manny had the go ahead RBI today by beating out an infield single. So much for his “lack of hustle”.

TTK

EX-Charger Fan
Jul 30, 2007
One thing to note: Manny had the go ahead RBI today by beating out an infield single. So much for his “lack of hustle”.
Yeah that was good to see. I wonder if he simply learned from his mistakes or if perhaps seeing rookies like Tatis going 150% so far has also motivated him.