Packers Thread

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gill Man

Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
10-3. At Chicago. Great D for a change. Congrats to Lafleur the new HC and to the DC Mike Pettine. Aaron Rodgers gave Pettine a big congrat at the end as did all the defensive players who love the guy. Pack is back. GO PACK.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
I smell the Cheese from here!
Go Pack! But keep running the ball!
They pulled a real head scratcher on that last series on second and 5. Incomplete out pass that stopped the clock. Just run the damn ball again two more times and close it out. Luckily the fifth round draft pick punted the ball 62 yards and in addition the bears committed a penalty on the return. Then came 2 awesome sacks from that fierce D. Looks like they rebuilt that D pretty quickly and Pettine will become a hero in GB. Lafleur better check the situational play calling. Hope that wasn’t a Rodgers audible lolz.

wrbanwal

Dec 27, 2005
I watched snippets. Both teams looked sharp

Wonder if other teams that never played their starters in preseason will look as sharp

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
I watched snippets. Both teams looked sharp

Wonder if other teams that never played their starters in preseason will look as sharp
I think that's gonna become the normal now.....zero playing of starters in pre season. Boy that oughta draw the crowds. Just more ammo for the folks who want preseason done away with. It's stupid. What a waste and they charge the fans just as much to go see that crap.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
I think that's gonna become the normal now.....zero playing of starters in pre season. Boy that oughta draw the crowds. Just more ammo for the folks who want preseason done away with. It's stupid. What a waste and they charge the fans just as much to go see that crap.
I wonder how many players get hurt in camp practices versus preseason games.
Preseason Chuggers games at the new Rams stadium will cost...no way, you get $23 to enter and a free hot dog. Great. But I'd still rather do something else.