• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

OL nuggets

Shamrock

Over on the NFL Forum, a very good poster (asela) made this post:

asela said:
Nice Pics BA! That 1st one looks like there could be some good captions! :D

I talked with Cory Lerkkerker(sp?) after the morning practice. Said he really like Henry, great technician, really breaks everything down so it's much easier to learn. Mauck (of course) the shout it out guy, and didn't do much to help teach the young guys how to get better. He hopes to have a chance to make the squad at backup RT, but knows it'll be a very tough road.

About Oben, asked what Oben has said about his foot. Cory said he doesn't talk to Roman all that much, but said "at best" he sees the field by the last week or 2 before the season. Thinks there's a real good chance he gets IR'ed. (When I asked about beging PUP'ed, I don't think he knew what I meant, just said "yeah"). Although, Cory was pretty honested, and followed that up with an "at least that'd give me a better chance to make the team".

Asked about McNeil, and Cory yeah he looked pretty good. Said he didn't lift weights in school because of his back, and asked if he looked strong enough for the NFL. Cory quickly said Yeah, McNiell really needs to get stronger.

So FWIW...

Think it'll be tough for him to make the 53 man squad unless he can beat out guys like Clary.
So, another source saying it's possible that Oben won't be back. I really think we're looking at Leander Jordan as the starting LT for the season.

McNeill leaned on people in college, much more than driving them. He does need to get stronger both in his upper body, and in his legs for power and leverage.

I talked to Chargers.com moderator, Riverhead, a couple hours ago, and he was going through his notes on today's practice. He said that the only note he made on Lekerkerkker was "diamond in the rough." FWIW.

Side note: Riverhead sat he sat next to ESPN's John Clayton during the press interview session after practice.

BFISA

Shamrock said:
Over on the NFL Forum, a very good poster (asela) made this post:

So, another source saying it's possible that Oben won't be back. I really think we're looking at Leander Jordan as the starting LT for the season.

McNeill leaned on people in college, much more than driving them. He does need to get stronger both in his upper body, and in his legs for power and leverage.

I talked to Chargers.com moderator, Riverhead, a couple hours ago, and he was going through his notes on today's practice. He said that the only note he made on Lekerkerkker was "diamond in the rough." FWIW.

Side note: Riverhead sat he sat next to ESPN's John Clayton during the press interview session after practice.
I saw that post, and I have my doubts whether Oben'll make it all the way back...still, ya gotta take Lekerkerkeker'comments with a graina salt...Oben not comin back is good news for Cory.

BFISA

thejdog said:
Agreed. I think he will at some point come back and start, but I think his best days are behind him. I do not like Jordan and Mcneil is well...we'll see.

How we did not sign a FA LT totally blows me away..(I know it was thin but there were some guys...)
I dunno Bro, his teammates are sayin he's improved mightily...he's already pissed off Merriman.

Shamrock

thejdog said:
Agreed. I think he will at some point come back and start, but I think his best days are behind him. I do not like Jordan and Mcneil is well...we'll see.

How we did not sign a FA LT totally blows me away..(I know it was thin but there were some guys...)
Thin, expensive or injured. The FA OT class was miserable.

I think Riverhead took this pic of Philip Rivers and John Clayton: