Official week 9 GDT

• Welcome to America's Finest Sports Forum and Podcast!

afsportsforum.com is one of the largest online communities covering San Diego sports. We host a regular podcast during the major seasons. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gill Man

Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN
Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
I only watched a little of the game but to me the big difference was the play calling by the Chuggers. Firing Wiz seemed to provide a spark. Didn’t hurt that some key players who had been out are back and getting back to form. Rodgers is just making excuses, the Pack aren’t as great as they think they are.
agree, as I said that 7-1 record was against 4 tomato cans and then the Chefs without Mahomes. Big deal. Win against MN and at Dallas were ok. At least they are improved from last year but they are incomplete to say the least as we saw yesterday. We'll see how they respond after this ass kicking. If they go into SF in a couple of weeks and win, they can start chirping again. Otherwise they need to keep eating that humble pie.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Not me. Eff the NFL.
That has been the view point of the vast majority of San Diegans for over 60 years... ;)
Not really true.
Yeah, it is. The majority of people living in San Diego are not sports fans.
This has been the fact for a long time.
Show me one NFL city that turned out they way SD turned out in 94 when they logged their first AFC Championship in PITT. That was unprecedented as far as I know. That is HUGE NFL support. Now if you want to argue that the majority of the entire population are not NFL fans, that might hold true for most cities other than maybe GB where the NFL is synonymous with that town and the fans are stockholders. And when teams win, bandwagons ususally get filled up with the part time NFL 'fans' in all towns. The problem with the lengthy apathy towards spanos and his teams was rooted in poor management and fielding losing teams for years and hiring guys like norb and mccoy, and then of course getting into conflicts with the city and fans thru Fabiani that ended up destroying any trust the fans had previously had in that front office. It's why I say the bolts would never be welcomed back as long as Spanos is owner. .......otherwise I do believe they would be welcomed with open arms again. Just get a decent f-ing owner and who is committed to the city and doesn't embarrass himself and the town and they will come. For years the town was solidly behind the Coryell teams.....that was the heyday.....local college coach makes good and puts together an offense like the NFL had never seen before. That was stuff that made this town proud of it's team and fully on board with things.....that is until Klein screwed it up by being cheap and letting the stars leave, just as they were on a cusp of a ring. Ownership is huge, if they don't reflect an intensity in desire to win it all, the fans ultimately get that and stop supporting like they would.

Hell, even in SF with the Niners,,,,,,fans started jumping ship until the last 2 years when it looks like they are back in the hunt. Now they are taking over other stadiums like they used to. Otherwise the last decade was all Warriors up there.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
Yeah, it is. The majority of people living in San Diego are not sports fans.
This has been the fact for a long time.
You can say that for nearly any city. The times when San Diego did not turn out like they could have was directly related to the fucked up ownership. I lived through the Air Coryell/Chargers Power heyday and I was at the Murph in 1995 when the team returned from Pittsburgh. What you’re implying (San Diego fans are inferior) is false.

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
You can say that for nearly any city.
YES! That is why there was a wink.
The times when San Diego did not turn out like they could have was directly related to the fucked up ownership. I lived through the Air Coryell/Chargers Power heyday and I was at the Murph in 1995 when the team returned from Pittsburgh. What you’re implying (San Diego fans are inferior) is false.
BULL SHIT on me implying San Diego fans are inferior! If you were not so fucking sensitive to anything that might besmirch the great metropolis of San Diego, that shining beacon of well run civic glory, you would check yourself, and recall that I have time and time again given props to the San Diego 'die hard' fans.

Lance19

BoltTalker
Oct 2, 2011
Wherever these Valkyries drop me...
Didn't care enough to watch any of it...but genuinely surprised by the final score.

Initial pokes around the internet keep saying, over and over:: "Packers display hangover from emotional win over Chiefs."

If that's true, it's pretty sad: As professionals you've got to remember that the W from beating KC is no more help in the standings than
one over a LAC team that had been looking more like a 5-11 outfit than a 12-4 one...

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
YES! That is why there was a wink.

BULL SHIT on me implying San Diego fans are inferior! If you were not so fucking sensitive to anything that might besmirch the great metropolis of San Diego, that shining beacon of well run civic glory, you would check yourself, and recall that I have time and time again given props to the San Diego 'die hard' fans.
Sorry about getting you riled up, but I did not get what that winky meant.

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
Didn't care enough to watch any of it...but genuinely surprised by the final score.

Initial pokes around the internet keep saying, over and over:: "Packers display hangover from emotional win over Chiefs."

If that's true, it's pretty sad: As professionals you've got to remember that the W from beating KC is no more help in the standings than
one over a LAC team that had been looking more like a 5-11 outfit than a 12-4 one...
concur fully.....lousy excuse. The truly great teams run up the score on the doormat teams and blow them out, and then handle the really tough teams a loss, week in week out. Every team seems to have a let down, it's tough to go 16 straight playing 110% but they are paid to do it and should get motivated if they have their eye on a top seed for the playoffs. I don't know,,,,,,,even the Pats last year seemed to go thru a lull and then once the playoffs began were full bore and blew everyone away. Lakers used to do that during the season when they were top dogs IIRC. If they thought they were in for an easy time of it in LA they were sadly mistaken.....they ran into a buzzsaw that was looking to turn their season around and prove the doubters wrong and to prove to themselves they belonged in the hunt again. They should have known they were getting some key players back too.

Fender57

BoltTalker
Sep 7, 2008
No worries. It is not really hard to get me riled up on days that coffee is having no impact... Apologies...
No, the apologies are all mine. Of all the Bolt fans around you put up with all the shit we haters throw out there and the last guy who deserves any shit from us is you.

Congrats to the Chargers. They dominated yesterday, no Packers excuses.

Reactions: Concudan

Faded Blues

BoltTalker
Feb 10, 2018
Friend of mine was in the perricano suite at the soccer stadium yesterday.

rumors are Jax to London

chuggers to Mexico City

just a matter of time.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
What is/will the LAC fan reaction post Green Bay game to the next home
date against the Kansas City Chiefs?

Sell them tickets or buy them all from the local ticket vendors no matter what the cost?

PSLs sales going wild?

You can only hope the Raider fans who hate the Chiefs, hopefully will show strong.

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
I only watched a little of the game but to me the big difference was the play calling by the Chuggers. Firing Wiz seemed to provide a spark. Didn’t hurt that some key players who had been out are back and getting back to form. Rodgers is just making excuses, the Pack aren’t as great as they think they are.
The big difference-maker was the pass rush. Rodgers had no chance.

If we are talking playcalling, blame should be thrown at the Packers offensive playcaller. Where were the runs?

Quetzalcoatl

BoltTalker
Feb 1, 2015
Really?
Not the big experienced star Quarterback who called the team out? Shouldn't he be a a leader in the locker room? He didn't play all that well yesterday... The Pack does have a lot to prove, and the paces to prove it. Rodgers should STFU if he doesn't play well and stop pointing fingers. (just my suborn opinion).
I don't know what Rodgers said, but what happened on the field wasn't his fault. He isn't a pass blocker.

Lance19

BoltTalker
Oct 2, 2011
chuggers to Mexico City...just a matter of time.
Mexico might ask that the magic wall works both ways.
I'm picturing the Mexicans saying (in Spanish):
"You can't just dump your garbage here! Stay in Estados Unidos LAC!!"

And the spanos klan with a handheld reciprocating saw, that they overpaid for on CraigsList,
trying to make a hole in Trump's new semi-wall...so they can get to Chihuahua, where they're
sure millions of fans are waiting to embrace 40% winning percentage American Gridiron.

Mexicans: "That's why we need a wall! To keep the rapists and spanoses out!"

Gill Man

Staff member
Sep 1, 2017
I don't know what Rodgers said, but what happened on the field wasn't his fault. He isn't a pass blocker.
yup....came down to both sides of the line the Pack got beat up.....they laid an egg. They expected to come in and have a relatively low effort game and still eek out a win and they were sadly mistaken. They played like schit the whole game both sides of the ball in the interior, and especially so on the O line. Couldn't run block, couldn't pass block.

Lancer 1

Betrayed Bolt Supporter
Jul 10, 2006
Friend of mine was in the perricano suite at the soccer stadium yesterday.

rumors are Jax to London

chuggers to Mexico City

just a matter of time.
I hear the rumblings about an international NFL team, but I don't believe it'll ever come to pass, especially in London - every other team in their division would have to make an annual trip there and what about the families of the players & coaches? Are they all expected to move overseas or just be separated for about 6 months out of the year? These aren't military people who get deployed without a choice, these are in most cases multi-millionaires who would probably choose to play & reside in virtually any U.S. city, and one wonders about the tax implications of an entire team earning millions playing half their games in Wembley - I think the Brits would tolerate a game or 2 every year but if teams full of individual athletes were making millions playing multiple games a year there, I'm sure the House of Commons would want a little taste of at least some of those funds.

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
It's coming. It is coming.

Add in two games at Wembley later this season and the NFL will play four games in London in 2019. Goodell wants to see more, and there’s been discussion about a team playing full-time in London. The Jaguars — who are owned by Shahid Khan, who also owns the English Premier club Fulham — has played a game in London each season since 2013 and will continue to through at least 2020. And Wembley will host at least two NFL games through 2020.

Tottenham makes having team in London one step closer.

"It gives us optionality on the scheduling," Goodell told Sky Sports last week. "So having two great facilities with Wembley and the Spurs' stadium, the combination will give us the ability to flex more games into the London sports scene and try to work around all the big events. That will give us a chance to hopefully play more games here."

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
Like Elijah in the wilderness...I speaketh...

Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake. After the earthquake came a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper. When Elijah heard it, he pulled his cloak over his face and went out and stood at the mouth of the cave.

Then a voice said to him, “What are you doing here, Elijah?”

Lance19

BoltTalker
Oct 2, 2011
Like Elijah in the wilderness...I speaketh...

Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake. After the earthquake came a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper. When Elijah heard it, he pulled his cloak over his face and went out and stood at the mouth of the cave.

Then a voice said to him, “What are you doing here, Elijah?”

I've seen a lot of posts, here, over the years, that I suspected involved alcohol.
This is the first one I remember, though, in which the poster appeared to be drunk on the Book of Kings...

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
not true at all.

sorry.

I have been in San Diego since 1972 and this town packs the place.
That does not mean that the majority of people in San Diego like sports at all. Unless you think that the majority of San Diego fits in the Q.

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
And the throws that were off target are everyone else's fault? It is a team sport last I heard, if you want to give him a pass go ahead.

Concudan

Still Chargin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 5, 2006
What is/will the LAC fan reaction post Green Bay game to the next home
date against the Kansas City Chiefs?

Sell them tickets or buy them all from the local ticket vendors no matter what the cost?

PSLs sales going wild?

You can only hope the Raider fans who hate the Chiefs, hopefully will show strong.
Next home game in Mexico you mean?

So what local ticket vendors and PSLs?

Harryo the K

Aug 26, 2017
I've seen a lot of posts, here, over the years, that I suspected involved alcohol.
This is the first one I remember, though, in which the poster appeared to be drunk on the Book of Kings...
I was drunk with rapture. Plus, my phone kept beeping.

Reactions: Quetzalcoatl